"unsupported Hardware" On Gtx 660 Ti..?

8 replies to this topic

#1 REDERK23

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

When i click "PLAY" , i get a popup stating that it has detected my Nvidia Geforce 660 Ti as "Unsupported Hardware" and the game doesnt start...!

Klicking "Cancel" gets "Failed to initialize game startup interface".

----------------
"Unsupported video card detected! Continuing to run might lead to unexpected results or crashes....
"NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 Ti [vendor id=0x10de, device id = 0x1183
-----------------

Previously all has been working very well, i dont know if theres been any patch since yesterday or anything,

We tried unsuccessfully to install Mechwarrior 3 here yesterday :) could that have anything to do with it?

Running Win 7. Have tried to run repair tool.

Thanks for help!

#2 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?

#3 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

I randomly get this message every couple of weeks. I just clear it and continue playing.
It appears to be something in the back end of CryEngine3.4 and not the game itself (as its a CryEngine error, not a MechWarriorOnline error).

#4 REDERK23

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

Damn!

It turns out that NO games are working - not on steam or individually, all having the same/similar problem.

I tried reinstalling MWO, i tried new drivers -.no games are working/stoiipng at startup. More or less the same error shown.

In EVGA Precision X tweak program the Card seems ok and running cool. In device manager all is ok.

What has happened? Havent done any changes to the system (only MW3 install/run/uninstall).

Dont know where to go next... Help much appreciated!!

Homeworld 2 seems to work. Trying more games. Not MW:O. brb!

#5 REDERK23

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

No problems found in Dxdiag.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted works, graphics good.

Am i running them on Intel grahics (motherboard)???

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

Recheck the dxdiag. Are you sure there are no issues? Is AGP acceleration greyed out, are you able to toggle it?

1. Uninstall and reinstall video card drivers.
2. Reinstall motherboard/chipset drivers.

Issues/corruption can cause the system to not properly recognize that you have a 3D graphics card, or able to pass that info to any related programs.

Edited. Just searching for information, it appears a number of people are having issues with that video card but no definite information yet.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 June 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#7 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

When in doubt reformat :ph34r:

#8 REDERK23

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

I removed the GF card and started up using motherboard Intel graphics - but even now it says "Unsupported graphics (but now Intel)"...!!?

What is going on.... i tried reinstall Direct X 11 from disc, not yet reinstall chipset etc...

Intel graphics - again, MFS:Most Wanted starts and runs, but not HW2 or any steam games... not MWO....

welp

#9 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

They look for specific tags, particularly in the registry, and if those tags/flags are not there then the error.

Tis why need to reinstall/update motherboard/chipset drivers and directx 9c. As a last resort reformating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users