42 replies to this topic

#21 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...dt-ping-hotfix/

View PostGarth Erlam, on 19 June 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Hot from Engineering:

This change is expected to reduce overall bandwidth costs, improve the increases in ping users have been experiencing, and as a result expected to improve hit detection via HSR.

Please update us with any issues you may see after this hotfix since we are unable to test every type of connection and some users may not see a benefit.

DOWNTIME BEGINS - 10AM PDT. DOWNTIME END ETA: 11AM PDT.

See you starside!

#22 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

I have noticed that lights, more often than not, STILL continue to take more damage than a medium requires to be killed

#23 Steel Will

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hell sometimes they take more damage than an Atlas.

#24 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

View Postaniviron, on 18 June 2013 - 05:51 PM, said:

Karl, you're my favourite. Go ask for a raise, and tell your bosses that the forums demand it! As far as I can see, you are the only person who communicates clearly about bugfixes, and I really do appreciate that you're forthcoming with us. Knowing that you are doing bug-squashing makes me confident in at least one part of the game's future.

Actually, he's likelier to get flak for it from his superiors. As much as I too appreciate the transparency, confessions like "There was a huge misunderstanding" tend to destroy consumer confidence and are the kind of statement that executives would much rather not see. Karl, thanks for the detail, but don't get yourself into trouble on our account.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 19 June 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#25 Tolkien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 19 June 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Actually, he's likelier to get flak for it from his superiors. As much as I too appreciate the transparency, confessions like "There was a huge misunderstanding" tend to destroy consumer confidence and are the kind of statement that executives would much rather not see. Karl, thanks for the detail, but don't get yourself into trouble on our account.

Since closed beta there have been problems with communication and handling of information like finding out open beta was being pushed out from a PC Gamer article rather than on the closed beta forums. Things like this cause distrust in the core community that is hard to repair.

Karl coming out with a straight shooting post is actually a refreshing, and reminded me that behind the outer shell of moderately competent corporate spin there are real humans working hard.

I too hope he doesn't get into trouble and appreciate him updating us.

#26 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

PGI staff overshadowed by Karl:

"Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl!"

Karl ftw! Thanks for the heads up.

#27 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:36 AM

Seems to happen most with normal SRMs , AC and PPC. I don`t use ppc, but i have been hit by it a lot and about a quater of the time I get lucky. I have watched some AC20 rounds literally phase through players and my srms seemingly do literally nothing half the time.

Maybe it is just a fact o` life things like this, Hm?

#28 Calvin is credit to team

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

bump, this issue does not make me feel like playing the game.

#29 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Initially, the first game was fine. After than, the quality of play degraded constantly and continues to do so. It has already progressed to worse than before, and the game has become largely unplayable.

I has many disappoint.

#30 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

I assume the hotfix has gone through.

Which is really disappointing as hit detection is no better now than before.

It's still incredibly hard to damage light/fast mechs - full alpha strikes of 5 large lasers that look like they fully connect are doing barely any damage. All laser hits on moving targets appear to be doing much less damage than two months ago. My 300ms ping may having something to do with this.

#31 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostVon Falkenstein, on 20 June 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

"Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaarl!"

Soon, in a movie theater or forum near you...

PGI: The Wrath of Paul

#32 RapierE01

• 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

The Hit problem still occurs. Especially with PPC/ERPPC

#33 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

I've spectated friends, and they report clear definite hits, but while I'm spectating them they are clearly, obviously missing.

I understand that this is a function of lag, because when you spectate you do not see what they see, but as the target is taking no damage clearly HSR is not functioning right. Most frequently, it presents as firing consistently behind or in front of the target.

And, before people say it, this is spectating skilled, experienced, and honest people - not random strangers who "claim" to be hitting.

Edit: And this is post-hotfix, just last night in fact.

Edited by Wintersdark, 21 June 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#34 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 21 June 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

I've spectated friends, and they report clear definite hits, but while I'm spectating them they are clearly, obviously missing.

I understand that this is a function of lag, because when you spectate you do not see what they see, but as the target is taking no damage clearly HSR is not functioning right. Most frequently, it presents as firing consistently behind or in front of the target.

And, before people say it, this is spectating skilled, experienced, and honest people - not random strangers who "claim" to be hitting.

Edit: And this is post-hotfix, just last night in fact.

Totally agree there. And to make matters worse, one cannot even "trace" the targets now and find out where to shoot in order to hit them consistently. It was much better in pre-HSR days when we had to lag shoot. At least it was more linear and consistent.
PS: I like your signature Wintersdark :P

#35 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

I've been experiencing this as well but it seems like it could be more than purely lag + hit detection. I've noticed a number of times on slow or stationary assaults that lasers appear to be doing lower damage than I'm used to. There have been what appear to be solid full salvos of 6 ML or 4 LL that show minimal damage to the hit areas.

As others have noted, this is most striking on light mechs where it is obvious when a laser salvo should have done more damage against the light armor. I can't say I've used enough other weapons consistently to speak to this outside of ML and LL.

#36 Villz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 627 posts
  • Locationstraya m8

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/123469-pgi-hsr-hit-detection/

M
ore recent thread on the topic

#37 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

I'm seeing this also.

Shots now have to be lead much like before we had HSR.

It worked almost perfect for me when they first implemented HSR. Its now not very good at all.

I am also suffering from convergance issues now also. (unless they stealth nerfed convergance speed or put it back in or something?)

I can aim at a targets CT and all my PPCs will fire either side of say a BJ's torso. (In a Flame, so all arm mounted, and even after standing still aiming at a CT for a few seconds b4 firing.) It happend constantly on alpine the other night. First time in a long time I even noticed it.

It feels very similar to the old convergance problems of the past with arms, and was a reason I usually stuck projectile weapons in torso slots back then.......

Edited by Fooooo, 23 June 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#38 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

Its still a mess out there on the field.........as far as I can tell, Id have to be clinically blind to achieve a whopping 83 damage with 6med lazers on my DHS equipped cicada., but I can do it,.........apparently.

#39 krolmir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Nope, Hit Reg. is still pretty broken.

#40 Kahoumono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Sure is broken, break time. See you after any patches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users