Hit Reg Problem Still Persist And Unchanged

42 replies to this topic

#1 DracoArgenti

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Came back to test out the patch.

Same old problem with hit registration for lasers, ballistics and srms for HSR.

You better acknowledge this is a fundamental gameplay issue for this kind of game. You don't fix this, no gamers will treat this game seriously, not to mention pro-gaming.

Wanted to played the game so much, but the bug made the game unplayable against non-beginner players with low pings. It will just leave me frustrated and angry.

See you next patch.

Edited by DracoArgenti, 18 June 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#2 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

So, at least another two weeks (because patches outside of the schedule are not PGI's thing, even if it was for bugs severely breaking the game) where dealing damage with perfectly fine hits is purely based on luck? OK, fine with me. Torchlight is currently free on GOG.com anyways, so I have something to do.

Edited by Genewen, 18 June 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#3 Karl Berg

Technical Director

• 497 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Sorry everyone! There was a huge miscommunication, and the network fixes intended to go into this production this patch ended up not getting integrated. We are looking into emergency integrations and a hot fix right now

#4 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Thanks a lot for telling us Karl.

#5 Killashnikov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Glad to see a fix is in the making. Thanks for letting us know the current status. I find that relieves a lot of the frustration, :)

#6 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostKarl Berg, on 18 June 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Sorry everyone! There was a huge miscommunication, and the network fixes intended to go into this production this patch ended up not getting integrated. We are looking into emergency integrations and a hot fix right now

Thanks Karl.

You're currently my favorite PGI employee, as you actually post, and your posts contain real and accurate information. From the content of your posts you seem to be a professional, and one who understands what is necessary.

Thanks.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Karl is a true professional.

If only the frequent posters representing PGI would be a responsible as Karl... we wouldn't be in this mess. In fact, they should be taking notes.

Edited by Deathlike, 18 June 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#8 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

... would you mind, pretty please, working a removal of JJ-shake for light mechs only, into your hotfix, Karl? :)

#9 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Thanks. A virtual highfive and +50 happy points for timely communication.

#10 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

Karl, you're my favourite. Go ask for a raise, and tell your bosses that the forums demand it! As far as I can see, you are the only person who communicates clearly about bugfixes, and I really do appreciate that you're forthcoming with us. Knowing that you are doing bug-squashing makes me confident in at least one part of the game's future.

#11 PanzerMagier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Karl, I'm rooting for you. You seem like the only good guy willing to share with the MWO playerbase.
Props for the headsup, hoping to see this hit registration to be a thing of a past

#12 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

T.T we need more developers like you at PGI.

these other "politicians" at PGI don't know how to give a straight answer

Edited by Tennex, 18 June 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#13 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Looking forward to the hotfix. Thanks for the update :P

#14 GazT4R

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yup the hit detection is appalling. When your putting 2 x AC20 round and serveral bursts of ML fire into a Spider and it's still running around you know your game is seriously failing. It's the worst its been.
Sunk a good bit of money into this but looking like it's time to walk unless things improve soon. Getting bored with the poor matchmaking, poor gameplay and generally poor experience.

Fingers cross things improve or I, like many others, will just not bother.

Edited by GazT4R, 19 June 2013 - 02:39 AM.

#15 Villz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 627 posts
  • Locationstraya m8

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

really wish you guys would be a bit more transparant on your schedule in regard to ingame fixes features and balance.....

Playing from aus HSR has made the game unplayable competitively recently ..... Was about to go away for a month till next patch also

(sent in a full report as well to support as requested by a dev who dropped in game with me.)

#16 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz, Outer Sphere Periphery

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

Can we please get an ETA on the hotfix? I have 300 ping from Western Australia and the game is literally unplayable for me right now... 1 hit out of 5 registers and I was spectating my fellow Clan member and he was completely missing even though on his end the hits were registering red on the reticle

#17 Steel Will

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

This is absolutely ruining the game for me.

#18 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts
  • Locationhaliburton, ON. CANADA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

this is an issue i too seem to be experiencing. i have very low ping, 30 - 50 and although i don't have the best aim, damn. i just finished a match with a jager and although i died i felt i did fairly well. but. no. 73 damage. and yet scored a kill and 5 assists. ac 20, ac 10, 2 mls and 2 mg. not since my first week playing have i been that bad.
i thought it was my new QKD 4g that was giving me grief but realized any projectile i fire seems to not register the hit but does in the assist and kill column. i am down to spraying with lasers in the hopes that i will hit something.
well.... onwards and upwards, love the game, great work and hope someone has time to look into this.

Thanks!

#19 Zeus X

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

Any news on this?

#20 Max Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts