Looking For Feedback On The Mech I Plan On Building

5 replies to this topic

#1 Yellow Kat

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

ON1-V

That links to the smurfy mechlab. Sadly this is as far as I have gotten as the EC gains are taking far to long to obtain. Just wondering what people think of the loadout really.

#2 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

I would start with adding double heatsinks and remove the Fero Fibres, go from there. Double heatsinks are a must have on 99.9% of the mechs. Fero fibres don't leave enough space to use all your available wheight (they take 14 slots)

As you might have noticed, you didn't spend all your weight. You still have 7,6 tons free.

You can use this as a template for your load out. It has some armor stripped, endo steel and double heatsinks.

I took the liberty to rebuild your mech from that template but with 2 AC5's instead of 1, 15 LRMs instead of 10 and more heat disapation. (not saying this is the best Orion out there, but i think it shows what you can do with proper armor/upgrades)

#3 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

I'm going to be blunt, and I offer my apologies in advance for doing so, but better blunt than watching you get frustrated with your expensive Orion.

The configuration you linked to, Kat, is terrible.

You're cripplingly undergunned, slow, undercooled, and have the wrong upgrades equipped. On top of being nearly eight tons underweight. That, and a single LRM-10 isn't likely to do much more than token damage given the prevalence of missile countermeasures in this game.

I recommend a different approach.

This model is still slow (by my standards, at least. I'm known to be just a bit biased, though), but saves you some money by using the default engine. It also doubles up the AC/5s, allowing you to put out some respectable dakka, and gives you a usable close-range defensive armament as well. It's never going to win any titles for maximum damage output in a match, but it's a sturdy, reliable machine that should give you a good fallback to learn with. You can try riskier configurations once you've gotten your feet under you and pick up tricks in this version.

#4 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Double heatsinks will get you dual guns and a bigger LRM launcher, with more ammo. You can also take a bigger engine. When you can affort it, try this.

Edited by Modo44, 01 February 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#5 Yellow Kat

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for all the inputs guys/gals/creatures.

#6 Yellow Kat

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

Welp finally got my mech I did take into consideration everyones input and Am running this build right now. And doing pretty good with it.

ON1-V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users