@pgi - Hsr / Hit Detection

97 replies to this topic

#1 Villz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 627 posts
  • Locationstraya m8

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

Since the patch HSR and hit registration has been VERY inconsistant to say the least.... HSR has gone from working flawlessly to complete trash and everybody in my unit has been saying the same aswell.

(Lights are basically impossible to hit as is with 280 ping,)

Can we please get some feedback on the status of the problem please PGI team.....

-[DV8] Villz

(Honestly this is game destroying for alot of higher ping players)

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/vill247

I
ncluded a link to a youtube channel i had with about 7 games uploaded from my run in the 1st 2 hrs of my Heavy V The World Assault leader board run.

These videos feature video footage recorded in 1080p of HSR and Incorrect damage registry. (Section blinking but taking no damage). There is a playlist setup for the tourney games.

Edited by Villz, 25 June 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#2 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

here: http://mwomercs.com/...-and-unchanged/ take a look at the third post :(

#3 Villz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 627 posts
  • Locationstraya m8

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 20 June 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

here: http://mwomercs.com/...-and-unchanged/ take a look at the third post :(

They already implimented that in a server restart and it did nothing..........

#4 Villz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 627 posts
  • Locationstraya m8

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Its still exactly the same the problem was introduced awhile ago when they "optimized" bandwith. HSR used to work flawlessly for me now its terrible the faster moving targets are basically uunhittable spiders running around with god mode "lag sheild" the only thing i can reliably hit on alll the time are still targets. And i'v even had shots not register on still targets occasionally. You DEFINATLY need to look at HSR.

#5 Cubivorre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostDestined, on 20 June 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Well it is a work in progress, but the investigation continues!

Also read as:

"Welp - sucks to be you!" :ph34r:

#6 Villz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 627 posts
  • Locationstraya m8

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostDestined, on 20 June 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Well it is a work in progress, but the investigation continues!

Wellll that work in progress used to work flawless upon its first implementation. Than u broke it .....

Its not just me thats experiencing it. Majority of my unit [DV8] complain about this issue and its existed from a few weeks after ballistic HSR was added. Ballistic and laser HSR used to work flawlessly.....

Edited by Villz, 20 June 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#7 Panzerbjorn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 152 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

This is definitely a problem I've been seeing as well. The hotfix helped a little, but in several matches today my client is reporting hits visually, but they're not doing damage on the enemy hit charts.

#8 RockWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEastern Canada

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

I don't mind missing moving targets... It's when they stand still and it doesn't connect. Before the HRS I would hit still target but miss moving ones, where I could still lag lead. Last week it was at its worst in my opinion. I will be testing it today and reporting it here.

#9 Karl Berg

Technical Director

• 497 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostCubivorre, on 20 June 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Also read as:

"Welp - sucks to be you!" :D

Definitely not; we're continuing to investigate and will do as much as we can to improve hit detection.

#10 Slopey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

For me, that hotfix has also introduced a warping effect every 2-3 seconds whilst moving. It's like the mech lurches forward a few meters every 2nd step - incredibly annoying and enough to cause problems piloting fast lights, or aiming with large mechs whilst moving. From the looks of the forums, there are several others experiencing the same.

Email to support sent with details, dxdiag etc :D

#11 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostCubivorre, on 20 June 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Also read as:

"Welp - sucks to be you!" :D

View PostKarl Berg, on 20 June 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Definitely not; we're continuing to investigate and will do as much as we can to improve hit detection.

It would have been hilarious if you'd actually confirmed the general attitude at PGI is INDEED that it sucks to be Villz.

I've been braying about machine guns I don't know how long, and clearly PGI is content to let it suck to be me. Sometimes it sucks to be some of us. Most of us are too lazy to actually quit your game over it.

I mean seriously, you're ONE GORRAM CATAPULT HERO MECH away from getting more of my money, and I hate you for that. Now shut up and take my money.

#12 Das Wudone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostVillz, on 20 June 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Majority of my unit [DV8] complain about this issue and its existed from a few weeks after ballistic HSR was added.

laser hsr was broken the same day missile hsr came in. ballistic and ppc hsr has always been funky the moment it came in. it just got worse in the recent patches. even a stalker walking at 60 kph was invulnerable to legging at 100m with 3 well placed shots to its upper leg limb.... (it had a lot of missiles hence why i wanted to leg it for an ammo explosion)

#13 Calvin is credit to team

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

It was working before and now it is broken. PPC registers but no damage.

#14 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz, Outer Sphere Periphery

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

Feedback for Karl since he is the only Dev that seems to care atm, Since the hotfix my ping has gone from averaging 310 back to my normal average of 290(From Western Australia). In that regard the hotfix is really nice and I am glad to see my ping back below 300 again, unfortunetly hit registration for lasers and ballistics have remained the same I still get maybe 25% of my shots registering. Laser's actually have gotten worse somehow I have point blank Alpha striked with my 6 large laser stalker into several different mechs and little to no damage is registered(54 damage alpha). I have no idea how HSR has degraded so badly these past few patches but I am at my wit's end because I can no longer enjoy playing MWO in its current state.

#15 HorribleGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:36 AM

One thing I noticed today that mechs colliding with some terrain element, IE a building or a rock and running at it seem to be have more hitdetection problems.

#16 Khan Warlock Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 392 posts
  • LocationThe Grey Wolves Den

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

The only thing the hot fix seems to have done for me is fix my ping. Before the patch that nerfed pings, my average ping was around the 120 mark, after that patch it jumped up to around the 200 mark. Now it's back down to the 120's which is great. However I have noticed almost no improvement in the HSR. The other thing that seemed really weird is in one particular game I got 4 kills but only scored 94 damage. While it might be possible to score 94 with 4 kills I generally have a good feel for how I play and how I have done. I expected my score to be up in the 300 to 400 mark minimum. I don't know if this again something to do with HSR or if its another bug entirely.

#17 Villz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 627 posts
  • Locationstraya m8

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

glad to see i'm not the only one experiencing this. And perhaps the problem goes deeper than i thought.

http://mwomercs.com/...roviders-again/

WTB Los Angeles Servers. Hopefully when they eventually release euro servers they will realise that toronto is an awful place for NA / Asia / Oceanic servers. Speaking from an oceanic perspective the 270 ping i get to toronto (middle of nowhere geographically) vs the 170 ping i get to LA (Central Internet Point).

Edited by Villz, 21 June 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#18 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostKarl Berg, on 20 June 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Karl, the fix for the ping is right on the money - my ping is back to normal, thanks for getting that sorted out. Hit detection is still broken though.

#19 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

Good to hear it's an issue being looked into. Hope they find the cause soon because I have to run from light mechs now... Imagine the embarrassment!

#20 Aslena

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

I had a quickdraw that I legged with my atlas last night and after I legged it "me virtually unhurt" it killed me before I could take out it's other leg because every time I shot it would jerk backwards really quick about 3 or 4 steps.... my ping was 60 this should not be happening.

I think this problem is worse now than it was before yesterday's patch

Edited by Aslena, 21 June 2013 - 08:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users