Why Aren't These Features? Tipping, Death-From-Above, And Heat

8 replies to this topic

#1 Kataiser

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

I haven't been playing MWO for too long, but I feel like I recall tipping being something in the feature list a long time ago. I'm curious to know if there is any plan to return it to the game, or if that's gone forever. I feel like that would heavily change the game's dynamic and be a lot more fun to play.

Additionally, was "death-from-above" ever a thing? I know that many, many 'Mechs have been getting JJs recently, and that DFA would be much, much more powerful now than ever, but I am still confused about the lack of this (in my opinion) major feature that is missing. DFA and tipping would radically change how a lot of players play, and give close range a much-needed power boost for skilled pilots.

One more thing that confuses me is that overheating, before a recent patch, does nothing to you. Even now, you have to hit 150% heat to receive any damage. If anything, overheating should do minor damage over time for the entire duration of the overheat. That would severely discourage boating extreme-heat weapons and unloading stupid flash-pinpoint damage, and make a lot more sense in general. It shouldn't do override-levels of damage, but having an overheat with such a small negative is still a bit ridiculous.

Any thought/statements/angry retorts about these points? I'd like to see this game become a lot more than it is now. I'm comfortable where it is now (excluding HSR screwing me and some balance issues to iron out), but I feel like Mechwarrior Online is missing a lot of what could make it feel more Mechwarrior-y.

Edited by Kataiser, 28 June 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#2 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Once collisions go back into the game, it will be possible to knock mechs over and land on them from above.

#3 Kataiser

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Well, it's good to know that it's planned, but I think that it's strange that collision was removed in the first place. It seems like those were good things for the game.

#4 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

It was removed to be worked on, because it was causing too many problems and bugs.

#5 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

this is why collision isnt in yet...watch this dev get trolled hard

#6 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostDr B00t, on 28 June 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

this is why collision isnt in yet...watch this dev get trolled hard

I don't see anything wrong with it. You ever seen a guy on the street get jumped by like 3 or 4 guys? Same thing...

#7 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 28 June 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

I don't see anything wrong with it. You ever seen a guy on the street get jumped by like 3 or 4 guys? Same thing...

was meant mainly as a joke but im sure there are inherent problems with the system other than griefing

Edited by Dr B00t, 28 June 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#8 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 28 June 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

It's not just the fact they are griefing him like sadistic jackals (which I admit is lolololol in the vid), but that it required very little effort or skill to do so. New players would rage quit and never come back after the first match if they allowed this.

But also, it was mostly the fact that collisions and knockdowns were causing all kinds of graphical and gameplay bugs that made the game difficult to play.

#9 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

probelm was if you saw, at one point 2 oif the mechs got tangled and kept falling over. it was also pushing people through the terrain and the lag on the net code was causing rubber banding. It will be back... Just not yet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users