270 replies to this topic

#261 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostAppogee, on 09 July 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Do you think you really know when an opponent used coolant flush to get in the last alpha strike that killed you?

I reckon we're so busy trying to evade and land weapon shots, and having our vision blurred by lasers and buffeted by missiles, that we rarely notice when coolant flush is being used against us. Further, unless you are looking at the moment of launch, UAVs are hard to spot.

(Artillery and ASF strikes are mostly useless, and that's why they are rarely used.)

When I am spectating I do see coolant flush in particular being used. Not regularly, but not rare, either.

Agreed. I see coolant used pretty often. And UAV's are really useful(although the time limitation is silly), so long as you plant them at the right place & time. If you have any LRM boats on your team, it goes from being "pretty cool" to being a complete game-changer. Artillery and air-strikes are just... really sad :/

View PostThe14th, on 11 July 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

It's almost like they might be busy working on a video game and don't have time to roam the forums daily. I think they call it having a job.

Please. Most of the people who roam the forums daily have jobs. Jobs which aren't even directly tied to the game around which the forum is built.

#262 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Shouldn't ATD 42 get answered today? Or did they mean the friday of the following week?

#263 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

View Postwickwire, on 12 July 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Shouldn't ATD 42 get answered today? Or did they mean the friday of the following week?

I REALLY hope not.

#264 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

What do you want to bet that the five questions that get chosen by the devs will be #2 (mech size), #4 (mech scaling), #6 (static hitboxes), #9 (map marking by scouts), and #14 (Phoenix mech variants)? That is, the five least interesting/important questions get answered and we get no CW info, no tangible snapshot of the game's progress, no answers regarding role warfare or hardpoint limitations or convergence or dev communication or any of the stuff we actually want to know about?

#265 The14th

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostBloodweaver, on 12 July 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Please. Most of the people who roam the forums daily have jobs. Jobs which aren't even directly tied to the game around which the forum is built.

So they should be forced to preform company-related correspondence on their own time without being paid? It's crap like this that makes people say that gamers are entitled brats.

#266 darkfall13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostThe14th, on 12 July 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

So they should be forced to preform company-related correspondence on their own time without being paid? It's crap like this that makes people say that gamers are entitled brats.

That's where you have it backwards, it is their project and this is said project's correspondence page, so in actuality they should be doing it while doing their job because... this is their job so they can do it on company time.

#267 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Looks like it an't happening today. Might as well just look forward to next friday.

#268 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

its f2p the better the please us the bigger bonus they can get. guess u never worked for a company that gives out bonues?

#269 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

If it does not come today im disappointed. 2 Weeks for 5 Answers? nooo.

#270 tigermaster

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

about the FOV i would like to say that MWO already have a fov at 90, consider that this engine uses vertical fov and not horizontal fov (like quake3 for example), for a 16:9 resolution a 90 horizontal fov is equal to 59 vertical fov, that is exactly the value used in MWO (i've done tests).
I've tried to put fov at 90 and is horrible, honestly anything above 59 (on a 16:9 resolution) looks distorted like a camera with a wide angle.
expecially the cockpit looks really distorted, also you will lose some visibility at top and bottom as the cockpit will fill part of the screen with higher fovs.

if you use other aspect ratios (16:10,4:3,surround monitors) you can use this calculator http://www.rjdown.co...vcalculator.php
just put the command "cl_fov=xx" (without brackets) where xx is your desired fov inside system.cfg file

Edited by tigermaster, 13 July 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#271 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

It's their company. If they want it to succeed, they need to put in the effort. It's not bratty to point out this simple truth; it's just plain reality.

View Postdarkfall13, on 12 July 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

That's where you have it backwards, it is their project and this is said project's correspondence page, so in actuality they should be doing it while doing their job because... this is their job so they can do it on company time.

Exactly. Requiring someone to actually do their job is in no way detrimental to them doing their job.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users