Mechwarrior Online To Launch September 17Th 2013!

1194 replies to this topic

#41 SQUIRRELLL

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

Well i guess the only good thing is people now can no longer use the argument, well its "beta".

#42 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostSQUIRRELLL, on 03 July 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Brian stated on NGNG podcast we aren't getting CW this year. Like a real community warfare. We'll get merc/faction tags and thats probably it.

Seriously? Was that yesterday? Then what exactly will be in at launch? How do you launch the game without the metagame?

If there is no CW at launch my pocket book is officially closed until it comes in. Project Phoenix is your last cash infusion from me since I already bought it.

Edited by Jetfire, 03 July 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#43 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostSQUIRRELLL, on 03 July 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Brian stated on NGNG podcast we aren't getting CW this year. Like a real community warfare. We'll get merc/faction tags and thats probably it.

It's a nail in the coffin.

#44 D34K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 304 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

The problem I have with the game launching in September is that kinda feels like PGI is saying that this online mech gift shop is somehow enough of a "game". It absolutely isn't and they should be told in the strongest possible terms "nice effort, but not good enough".

#45 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

*Thumbs-up*

I can't wait!

#46 SQUIRRELLL

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostJetfire, on 03 July 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Seriously? Was that yesterday? Then what exactly will be in at launch? How do you launch the game without the metagame?

If there is no CW at launch my pocket book is officially closed until it comes in. Project Phoenix is your last cash infusion from me since I already bought it.

Why do you think there has been zero updates on Community Warfare since Dec 7, 2011 4:00 PM UTC. CW is supposed to be huge and complex, and a ton of fun, and they've given zero info on it since(except tiny snippets here/there). We'll get 2.0 this year, and some basic stepping stones to CW, but we wont have CW, which just depresses me. It's the reason why a lot of have stuck around, just waiting.

I dont want to start a flame war, but WoT beta came with CW, we've seen new mechs, but not a lot of content since we went OB.

EDIT: Sorry it was Russ, listen for yourself.

http://www.nogutsnog...et/podcasts.php

Edited by SQUIRRELLL, 03 July 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#47 Torment2

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

Talk is cheap, man.

#48 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostToxicValor, on 03 July 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Again, yes 3rd party site info who are literally directly in contact with Devs from PGI who they have on the casts. I know its not MWO main page info; it should be. However Again for example, Mmo-champ is the main news source for WoW and people don't have an issue with that. Lol.

MMO-C isn't a 'news' site for WoW.. the only thing it's the 'main source of' is rumors, and data mining. The only 'news' they post, is reposting of interviews, and Blizzard's posts from the forums.

#49 Savageson

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostViper69, on 03 July 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

We told them the game was not ready for OB and that only stalled them a week.

I remember back then. I really do. How much of mess that was and how little they seemed to care at the time. They just wanted the game from out of their pay wall I think cause founder sells were slowing down. Now I may be putting words in their mouth and accusing them of a lot. I mean we did rush out of closed and we did get the pay-to-wang right after or at the same time I can't rightly recall of find the open beta forum post. They also removed a mech variant to support the wang as the only ac-20 in arm version of the mech,

All I am saying their actions are consistent really. Things get released before they are tested to have minimal bugs. They also do lip service to the community and move on.

#50 codynyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 321 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationda Bronx

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

God willing they make that date... dont think they will.... but anything is possible.

#51 D34K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 304 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostSQUIRRELLL, on 03 July 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

I dont want to start a flame war, but WoT beta came with CW, we've seen new mechs, but not a lot of content since we went OB.

And it will continue to be such. PGI wheel out the argument about different teams making mechs to making the core game. What they fail to also mention is that there are 400 people making mechs and assorted junk to sell you and 1 part-time programmer actually making the game.

#52 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

well PGI i was almost going to buy phoenix, but u really dropped the ball. no CW this year? are u serious what is there to do in MWO random drops with no purpose in a game. russ says the game is in the best places its ever been, all lies its in a horrible place, nothing to do but grind mechs for a game mod that won't come out for MAYBE another 5 months. i really do hope with all the money u got from phoenix u buy some decent programers to get this game rollling

#53 RapierE01

• 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yeah 13 Days after my Birthday... looking forward for this :)

#54 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

Another frustrated MW fan here. The launch date is nothing without CW. And that statistics is ludicrous, it contains no real indicator of MWO progress, success, players involvement, et,c. Those numbers might be created out of nothing and we still have nothing to do with them, give us playerbase stats, number of 8men matches played vs pug's number, max known server load, that could tell at least something useful. <crossly spits on all that chratsh*t>

#55 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

They can call it 'Launch' all they like but it will always be 'Beta' until Community Warfare is implemented

and I dont mean PHASE 1

#56 SQUIRRELLL

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Or at least a bare minimum of having a lobby on "Launch". Pretty much every online game ever to come out has a lobby.

#57 Odnir

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'm scheduling a little of my holiday time. Don't dissapoint me PGI.

#58 Kay Oss

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

"Launch" absolutely should include "CW" and preferably UI2.0 as well. I wouldn't even think that the UI would be all that much work. I can't believe they are going to have an official launch with half a game. I dont like contributing to the negativity, but the events on this timeline are just backwards.

#59 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostKay Oss, on 03 July 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

"Launch" absolutely should include "CW" and preferably UI2.0 as well. I wouldn't even think that the UI would be all that much work. I can't believe they are going to have an official launch with half a game. I dont like contributing to the negativity, but the events on this timeline are just backwards.

Well, we are about half a year behind original schedule for CW and it will probably take another half year before its here.
Will be a glorious launch.

#60 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

If this game launches without CW in any way shape or form is

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users