Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#221 Quizzical Coconut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

I've found that in the latest version (3.0.5) the macro will do random things. For instance:

(1) I tell the macro to fire, and it does. However, the up arrow must be getting pressed as well, because the in-game weapon group selector moves up every time the key is released, and the up key is the only thing bound to do so. (Fire keys tried: D,F,RIGHT MOUSE. Weapon groups tried: K,J)

(2) It seems that if two macros use the Arm Lock or Weapon toggles, even if the bindings are different, these two macros will interfere with each other. I found this out when I toggled arm lock and got jump jets as well. (For reference, this isn't a problem on version 2.18)

...and I know it's more work, but could you:
(1) allow "Change Fire Rate" to have its own box where the alternate fire rate can be specified?
(2) Allow multiple bindings for a single macro (specifically the "Fire" function).

Say you have UAC's and are trying to keep them from jamming, and do so by setting the fire rate to 1700 (surprisingly high but I guess that's its reload time) and ticking "Limit Fire Rate". However, these UAC's are a part of 3 weapon groups, so this requires 3 macros (right now). The problem arises when you stop pressing the "fire all weapons" macro and press the "only UAC's" macro; these separate macros don't communicate, and the UAC's will double tap and potentially jam. Multiple bindings could solve this as well as simplify other macro groups.

The "Change fire rate" changes would just allow it to become much more useful, and seems like it'd be easy to implement.

#222 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

If seeing odd behaviour, always be sure to restart FC.
There are some issues in AHK with removing hotkeys, and I have seen cases where it would remember the hotkey for the last profile and use it for the current one.
I am awaiting a response on the AHK forums at the moment regarding this, as this seems something of a show-stopper to me...

Regarding multi-macros, AHK macros in theory should be able to trigger other AHK macros. So if you use RMB for UAC on it's own, having another macro send RMB should allow you to trigger the original macro and preserve the current state of the "Limit fire rate" option. However, I did try something similar with FC recently and it did not want to work.

Also, with PGI recently seeming to start to take notice of input related stuff, I am kind of hesitant to start adding stuff to FC.
If you have an immediate specific need, it would probably be simpler to code something bespoke. That may also help me understand the requirement and the best way to integrate it into FC.

#223 Quizzical Coconut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

I restarted FC (as well as my computer) but problem remained.

For the individual changes:
- I intended to use adjustable jump duration (on jj spam) to keep from depleting my jj's while hill climbing at 250ms delay or less. (Or recharging while climbing up hill, or if I have full meter and want to climb faster I could deplete them to climb faster. It would add more possibilities to the function.)
- Right now it seems that FC won't affect itself, even when it should. If that could change, multiple bindings for a single function wouldn't be needed (for my purposes anyway).
- For the immediate future I would like "Change Fire Rate" to be changeable so my UAC's will double tap as if they're not macro'd (250ms apart).

And the up arrow had never been in any 3.0.5 profile, so it still seems to be a random problem.

Edited by Quizzical Coconut, 18 April 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#224 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

Is this legal? Been seeing it a lot more where people are "jump sniping" inside tunnels because they are using this program to do all the work and can't be arsed to turn it off even when they aren't actually behind something.

#225 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 17 May 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Is this legal? Been seeing it a lot more where people are "jump sniping" inside tunnels because they are using this program to do all the work and can't be arsed to turn it off even when they aren't actually behind something.

Yes, this app has been cleared by PGI.
To what are you referring? How is it possible to use this software to "jump snipe inside a tunnel and use the program to do all the work?"
This app does not help you poptart in any way. About the only use for poptart builds is to enable / disable arm lock.

#226 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

ADHD got an update, so a new version of FC was posted.

FC version has not changed.

There is now a "Pass-Thru" option that allows you to stop whether MWO sees input or not.

Plus I have a new animated GIF showing the Bindings system in all it's glory.
You can see the new Pass Thru checkbox on the right.

Posted Image

Edited by evilC, 22 May 2014 - 03:42 AM.

#227 Thorn0616

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:13 AM

the link does not work it goes to the .exe file instead of the zip file, can the original post be edited?

http://evilc.com/fil...rl/firectrl.zip

#228 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostThorn0616, on 22 May 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

the link does not work it goes to the .exe file instead of the zip file, can the original post be edited?

http://evilc.com/fil...rl/firectrl.zip

You are indeed correct. I wonder how long that has been going on.
That may explain the first dip in monthly usage stats I have seen in FC's history.

Also, new version up, again same FC version, but now ADHD is 3.2.0

ADHD 3.2.0 22nd May 2014
= PassThru mode is now ON by default if "Limit App" is OFF.
This is to stop you accidentally binding Left Mouse to something whilst Limit App is off, thus locking you out of Windows :)
= Major rework of (un)binding code
There should be less quirky behavior now when you change bindings or enable / disable pass-thru, wild, limit app etc.

Edited by evilC, 22 May 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#229 Herlock

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

first thing first : thanks for this program, it's hella fun with AC2 ;)

I have noticed a problem, maybe I did something wrong thouh... on my jag when I have my arms pointing further than regular "cockpit range", my arms reset back to it when I shoot.

Essentially shooting above or below arm lock position is impossible, cause the arms keep going up / down as you shoot to reset back in max position.

I guess it has to do with the arm lock feature somehow, but I don't really get why this is happening... Any ideas ? thx !

#230 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

Is arm lock bound to Shift?

In fire control, are any of the characters in the macro letters?

If you put an uppercase letter in the boxes, AHK may have to hold shift to send the uppercase letter.

#231 Herlock

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Thanks you solved my problem it seem :P

Arm lock wasn't set to shift, I actually (kinda randomly) tried to reverse freelook and arm lock settings in MWO : CTRL / SHIFT.

But indeed must be a shift issue, because AZERTY keyboard here, and 1, 2 and the likes are activated using shift on our keyboards...

Although I ain't sure that's the problem, cause MWO seems to not care (as most FPS) if we have caps lock engaged or not.

Also tried using the keypad in fire control to set the 1,2,3,4 thing... but no better.

I bound freelook to "i", then armlock to "i" to clear them from any control / shift keys and that fixed the issue. Not quite sure why, but it worked.

by macro letters what do you mean BTW ?

And I don't have AHK, maybe that's the problem ? Firecontrol cannot work on it's own ?

#232 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

View PostHerlock, on 01 June 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

first thing first : thanks for this program, it's hella fun with AC2 :P

I have noticed a problem, maybe I did something wrong thouh... on my jag when I have my arms pointing further than regular "cockpit range", my arms reset back to it when I shoot.

First you say that you are using it with AC2s. So I guess you mean the "Fire Timing" section.
Then you say that when you fire, it turns on / off arm lock? Hard to tell from the way you describe it.

So that lead me to believe that as the default MWO key for arm lock is Shift, why would FC operate the shift button when you fired?

I think the answer is maybe when you wrote that in order to type number keys, you need to use shift.
So if the AC2 macro is hitting for example 3,4,3,4 - then in order to type the number, it also must hit shift.
Try changing the fire keys to things that do not need shift. A list of valid names for keys is here.

So for example, in FC's Fire Sequence box, "PgUp, PgDn" is just as valid as "1,2" - as long as you bind those keys to the relevant fire groups in MWO

#233 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

someone want to tell me why I have TAG bound to "K" in this client on the weapon toggle option, and have "weapon toggle - group 6 " selected AND in -game MechWarrior I have weapon group 6 for "K" keymap BUT it won't toggle?

pressing "K" just shoots the tag and as I release it dissapears, grrrrr

#234 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

You are using it wrong.
In MWO, Weapon Group 6 should be bound to 6, NOT K

You hit K, and the macro hits 6.

#235 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

/bump

Any way to deal with entering chat halting the auto-fie (TAG)?

#236 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostOni Ralas, on 15 July 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

/bump

Any way to deal with entering chat halting the auto-fie (TAG)?

the only way I know of is to map the TAG weapon group to a joystick axis (ie a throttle).
I could replicate this feature in Fire Control, but cannot be bothered really as it would require adding the joystick lib which is a bit overkill for this.

New version up:
3.0.6 16th July 2014
! If you previously used Arm Lock Toggle, please make sure Arm Lock Momentary is disabled!
= Arm Lock Toggle is now Arm Lock Momentary
PGI made Arm Lock Toggle a proper toggle, but did not also leave the old "Momentary" method in.
So for those that preferred the old way, they can now use Fire Control to replicate the old behavior.

#237 Ricou

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostevilC, on 15 July 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

PGI made Arm Lock Toggle a proper toggle, but did not also leave the old "Momentary" method in.
So for those that preferred the old way, they can now use Fire Control to replicate the old behavior.

I was looking for a way to do that, thanks ! :mellow:

#238 ratgoat

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

Thanks for giving me momentary toggle back!

#239 Solothkar

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:44 AM

Hi there...

I don't know if it is a stupid question.

But is there a way to change the FC profiles with a hotkey?
When I have a fire sequence for my ACs in one profile and a second, different fire sequence in another profile, could I change between the two or select a profile by pressing a key. Otherwise I have to tab out in the middle of the fight and switch profiles and tab back and that is a bit cumbersome.

i.e. Ctrl-F1 for the first profile, Ctrl-F2 for the second etc.?

Best Regards, Solo

Edited by Solothkar, 21 September 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#240 Mister T

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

Hello,

I've tried your program for the toggle function on machinegun ingame.
The toggle did work, but i've got an other issue.
When I press my toggle button (mouse thumb1) btw I get both a toggle zoom and toggle on my machinegun even if the toggle zoom is set ONLY on left shift key and is not bound to any other key !

Any idea ?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users