Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#441 blackbullitt

• PipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:17 AM

0 worked before, then i did an update in windows lost all my settings and now 0 wont bind. think i removed all the throttle controls and anything eles attached to 0 , it is the easiest button on mouse to use as a fire control for this.

it dings, but nothing

#442 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

Do you have autohotkey installed?

If so, try running this script:

0::msgbox You pressed zero

Does it pop up a message box when you hit 0?

#443 blackbullitt

• PipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

how do i run that script?

#444 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:04 AM

View Postblackbullitt, on 13 August 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

how do i run that script?

Install AutoHotkey, create a text file, paste in that text, save it as somefile.ahk, then double-click it.

#445 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:26 AM

it's not working anymore, did PGI change something?

#446 Butt Shot

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:35 AM

No one answered the question on the last page

Fire control is sending Caps Lock commands for no reason.

If your Caps Lock is toggled on after having used VOIP and trigger a Fire Control it spam sends Caps Lock commands toggling your Caps Lock on and off with every fire command.

Yes Fire Control has been closed and restarted.
No Caps Lock is not set to any bindings at all in Fire Control.

Edited by Butt Shot, 23 August 2016 - 02:36 AM.

#447 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:59 AM

What keyboard do you use?

I have seen this reported with non-english keyboard layouts, and I think what is happening is something like this:

The 1 key on that keyboard is considered a shifted character.

If CAPS is on when it tries to send that key, it releases Shift, sends the key, then re-holds shift (This is why you see CAPS flicker)

There is a "Blind" mode in AHK which forces this behavior off, I compiled a test version of Fire Control with Blind mode enabled for all key sends. Please let me know if this version fixes the issue for you.

http://evilc.com//fi...rl/firectrl.exe

#448 Butt Shot

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

View PostevilC, on 23 August 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

What keyboard do you use?

I have seen this reported with non-english keyboard layouts, and I think what is happening is something like this:

The 1 key on that keyboard is considered a shifted character.

If CAPS is on when it tries to send that key, it releases Shift, sends the key, then re-holds shift (This is why you see CAPS flicker)

There is a "Blind" mode in AHK which forces this behavior off, I compiled a test version of Fire Control with Blind mode enabled for all key sends. Please let me know if this version fixes the issue for you.

http://evilc.com//fi...rl/firectrl.exe

standard american stock dell keyboard
ill test that version and get back with you

have also noticed even with shift not bound to any thing in firecontrol,
using shift(swapped VOIP to shift to test) delays any fire control bound to Left/Right mouse click until I release shift even though I have no shift+"any key" bound in fire control
And upon releasing a Left/Right click bound to a macro in firecontrol it has odd behavior with the weapon grouping, randomly cycling the highlighted weapon groups as if UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT commands were being issued as well for no reason.

Edited by Butt Shot, 25 August 2016 - 01:43 AM.

#449 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:00 AM

You do not need to bind anything to a shifted character for this to happen with the current way FC works.

If you say to AHK "Send the 1 key" and the Shift key is held, it will release Shift, Send 1, then hold shift again (Because you said "Send 1", which is an un-shifted character)

Saying to AHK "Send 1 in BLIND mode", causes i to ignore the state of shift and just hit the 1 key. For most games, this is OK because they consider Shift+1 to be the same as 1.

This is what the test version of FC that I compiled for you does. If it works, I will release this as the normal version, because it should not affect anyone else in a negative way.

#450 Butt Shot

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:51 AM

View PostevilC, on 25 August 2016 - 02:00 AM, said:

You do not need to bind anything to a shifted character for this to happen with the current way FC works.

If you say to AHK "Send the 1 key" and the Shift key is held, it will release Shift, Send 1, then hold shift again (Because you said "Send 1", which is an un-shifted character)

Saying to AHK "Send 1 in BLIND mode", causes i to ignore the state of shift and just hit the 1 key. For most games, this is OK because they consider Shift+1 to be the same as 1.

This is what the test version of FC that I compiled for you does. If it works, I will release this as the normal version, because it should not affect anyone else in a negative way.

So far its working as intended
It still cycles your weapon groupings UP or DOWN as if UP arrow or DOWN arrow was being sent. Best a I can tell its only cycling the weapon groups UP.

Edited by Butt Shot, 25 August 2016 - 07:03 AM.

#451 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:17 AM

It still cycles your weapon groupings UP or DOWN as if UP arrow or DOWN arrow was being sent

I don't remember you mentioning this before... This used to happen before? There were two issues?
Or is this something that is only happening with the new build?

#452 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 06:32 PM

Mine's a microsoft keyboard set to american english. I find if you switch profiles, to something else and then back to the one you want to us for whatever mech, it cures the caplock toggling, for ONE game. And then the error returns and you have to do the profile switch again.

#453 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:35 AM

hello. got sick of getting owned by macro users, so went and got the fire control. got it working for the most part. i have a question.

tried that 4 ac2 black widow. go to testing grounds and it is working mostly, but it seems that after about 5 or 6 seconds, i get a little stutter, like pop, pop, pop, pop.......pop. i keep adjusting the fire rate up, thinking it is too short, but all that is doing is just increasing the time until the stutter occurs. am i missing a setting?

also, working with the uac5's. trying 2 uac5 on black widow. i set fire sequence to 2,2,4,4 and fire rate to 75. i figure this gets me the double tab for "ultra" firing. now if i do not want to alway risk the jam, is there a way to switch to normal fire mode? i see the change fire rate in the bindings tab, but no matter what i do there, i still stay in "ultra" mode.

edit: since we are increasing the fire rate, is that also increasing heat build up?

Edited by Immelmann, 26 September 2016 - 10:06 PM.

#454 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

View PostevilC, on 25 August 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

I don't remember you mentioning this before... This used to happen before? There were two issues?
Or is this something that is only happening with the new build?

Mine is also pressing the up key on each release of the fire sequence.

#455 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:12 PM

View PostImmelmann, on 26 September 2016 - 07:35 AM, said:

hello. got sick of getting owned by macro users, so went and got the fire control. got it working for the most part. i have a question.

tried that 4 ac2 black widow. go to testing grounds and it is working mostly, but it seems that after about 5 or 6 seconds, i get a little stutter, like pop, pop, pop, pop.......pop. i keep adjusting the fire rate up, thinking it is too short, but all that is doing is just increasing the time until the stutter occurs. am i missing a setting?

also, working with the uac5's. trying 2 uac5 on black widow. i set fire sequence to 2,2,4,4 and fire rate to 75. i figure this gets me the double tab for "ultra" firing. now if i do not want to alway risk the jam, is there a way to switch to normal fire mode? i see the change fire rate in the bindings tab, but no matter what i do there, i still stay in "ultra" mode.

edit: since we are increasing the fire rate, is that also increasing heat build up?

Macros don't actually ever increase the rate of fire, so heat build up is unaffected. If you don't want to jam you will be unable to fire them in ultra mode, so you'll have to calculate the amount of time between shots, an unquirked UAC5 fires every 1.66 seconds, so your delay would have to be 1660 divided by the number of guns you have, also try to account for any ballistic cooldown quirks or fast fire or modules you have.

The change fire rate button either increases your delay by double (though it could be the other way around). So you'd set your delay to be equal to 1660/NumberOfGuns/2 then when you trigger it to change firing rate it should double the delay so that you are not firing in ultra mode. You may need to add an extra millisecond or something to the delay to account for rounding if you are still jamming afterwards when not ultra firing.

#456 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

Last time I checked, for AC2s only, macros do increase ROF versus the AC2s in MWO's chain fire rate, because MWO's chain fire rate does not fire them at the max rate (I think it just fires at 250ms or 500ms or something? I forget).
Also, bear in mind that by using FC to stagger fire, you will invariably do LESS damage compared to alpha fire, not more. Your heat will also be less because you are firing less.
Simply put, if you have 1 second to fire, and your ROF for each weapon is 1 second, with chain fire and 4 guns you would shoot 5 shots (0, 250, 500, 750, 1000), whereas with alpha you would get off 8 (4@0, 4@1000).
ie because the first time you pull the trigger, all guns do not fire, you will never get off as many shots as someone in alpha.
Ergo, you have significantly more face-time when firing chain and are at a disadvantage against an opponent who shoots, then spreads incoming damage by twisting while they reload.
You will never beat a competent pilot 1 on 1 in an even match with chain fire. Competitive teams do not use chain fire macros. Joining them is not the way to beat them...

also, working with the uac5's. trying 2 uac5 on black widow. i set fire sequence to 2,2,4,4 and fire rate to 75

Put all the ACs in one group and put them all in chain fire. That way, MWO will always try to pick a free weapon rather than double-shotting another.
Then you can use the change fire rate mode as dakota mentioned to swap between single and double-shot mode.

Edited by evilC, 27 September 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#457 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

Don't know if it will help, but I made a thing:
Fire Rate Calculator

#458 Zot43

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:03 PM

Virustotal shows firecontrol.exe to contain malware.

https://www.virustot...sis/1480719641/

https://www.symantec...-071714-3425-99

https://apkscan.nvis...460921fe7f7b05f

#459 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:30 PM

What's the point in playing the game if you need this crap to win?

0 respect to you, Sir. And all the no lifes with the wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in their chats when they forget to turn the macros off.

#460 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 02 December 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

What's the point in playing the game if you need this crap to win?

0 respect to you, Sir. And all the no lifes with the wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in their chats when they forget to turn the macros off.
1: This shows a fairly poor understanding of what it is, does or how the game works overall.

2: The macros really aren't that 'effective', nor does it especially help you win.
Alpha will generally work better, especially with the face time and heat required to make it effective.

Personally, I use it to make a hilarious LBX2 suppression mech, with comedic levels of fire rate using 'true chain fire'.
But using it with 3 / 3 or alpha is FAR more combat effective and efficient.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users