Never Forget: Cn9-Ah

11 replies to this topic

Poll: YES (22 member(s) have cast votes)

CN9-AH?

1. Yeeeeeessss! (18 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. Yeeees! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Please? (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

PGI I will pay money if I can have it back.

We know you have the assets for it still.

(0:43)

I think its time to add it back in. Heck make it MC purchase only for no bonuses if that's the only way. Either way it truly doesn't hold any advantage over a Yen-Lo-Wang or other Centurions or the more powerful Mechs that have been added since. Plus it was unique.

#2 SweetWarmIce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Miss the AH. Used to put in 3 x MG + 2 x LRM 10 and pretend it was Heavyarms-Kai.

#3 The Gunman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationLow Orbit

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

It was removed so as not to compete with the launch of the first hero mech: Yen-Lo-Wang. Officially, the AH was only ment to be a "test bed" for the YLW. Of course they didn't tell people this until after the AH was removed. At the time the only way to earn the elite skill was to buy a YLW becase the D wouldn't be released for at least another month.

To bring the AH back now would mean admitting that they removed free content it to artificially inflate real money sales. They won't bring it back.

#4 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostThe Gunman, on 09 July 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

To bring the AH back now would mean admitting that they removed free content it to artificially inflate real money sales. They won't bring it back.

They won't have to admit anything. If they add the AH, and I have to buy it, then all will be forgiven.

#5 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'm going to have to say no, because that would be a lot like giving players a "free" version of the YLW, which may or may not detract from sales.

And we all know how every "make a free version of hero 'Mechs!" topic goes down...

Edited by Volthorne, 10 July 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#6 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

But its not a Hero Mech, and the Yen-Lo on paper is still better. People buy a Yen-Lo, because Yen-Lo "pokemon" Mech, but also for a big gun + lasers in CT. If you lose you're arm and then the torso, the CN9-AH was a sitting duck akin to a Atlas7-D-DC that loses its arms and torso's.

It was a very unique, and hardly used Centurion.

Edited by General Taskeen, 10 July 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#7 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

well it's gone for a reason, the YLW had theac20 arm mounted, which was the reason to buy it. if they bring back the AH the YLW is useless

#8 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Must vote yes.

While I never really liked the AH others who have used it in closed beta love the thing. That is good enough for me. It also adds variety to the centurion chassis options, and to the game as a whole.

At the very least maybe PGI could make it a champion mech.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 10 July 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#9 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostThariel, on 10 July 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

well it's gone for a reason, the YLW had theac20 arm mounted, which was the reason to buy it. if they bring back the AH the YLW is useless

As outlined:

Yen-Lo -> Ballistic Arm, Energy CT (more survivable choice, plus its Yen Lo - cool paint scheme, etc.)
CN9-AH -> Ballistic Arm, Missile LT (less survivable choice difficult to use, rare use, just a normal variant, etc.)

The Yen-Lo can also be made even more amazing later if Melee is added, making yet another reason to have it, since it is supposed to have a melee weapon attached to its left arm.

#10 Padic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

It need not be a c-bill variant, but I'd love to see it return in one capacity or another (even though I probably wouldn't drive it, myself).

#11 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

The AH is completely Ammo Dependant, so if they bring it back it won't cut into any sales of the Wang since is actually not as good.

#12 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

I want to see it return.

I was never crazy about it, but I dropped with it now and then. It could end up being lots of fun in a brawl. I have always wondered how it would fare with Endo and DHS (I think Endo and DHS came out after closed beta?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users