• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

DropShip Hunt
Time Limit: 15 - 25 minutes (TBD)
Game Mode: Asymmetrical
Players: Guardian Team vs. Marauder Team (8 versus 12)
Structures: 4 Auxiliary Power Units & 4 Calliope Turrets
DropShip: Leopard, http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Leopard

Victory Conditions
Guardian Team: Defend Leopard DropShip, Destroy Marauder Team
Marauder Team: Destroy Leopard DropShip, Destroy Guardian Team

Description
The mission of the Guardian Team is to protect the powered down Leopard DropShip along with the Auxiliary Power Units (APU’s). There are 4 APU’s scattered throughout the map, namely Delta, Lambda, Omicron, and Upsilon (these are shown as HUD elements similar to Conquest). These HUD elements will display the state of the APU, either Online or Destroyed. The purpose of the APU’s is to drastically shorten the time required to power up the DropShip. Once the DropShip is powered up and weapons are fully operational, it will become a formidable opponent. Due to the available firepower of the DropShip and turrets, the Guardian Team is one lance short compared to the Marauder Team.

The mission of the Marauder Team is simple; destroy the DropShip, turrets and any available APU’s. It is highly recommended to destroy the APU’s as their destruction increases the time required to power up the DropShip along with doing damage in the process. Destroying the DropShip when powered down is considerably easier as it’s completely defenseless. Destroying all 4 APU's on the battlefield will significantly weaken the DropShip.

Each Auxiliary Power Unit (Delta, Lambda, Omicron, and Upsilon) will have one static defensive structure for protection, namely the Calliope Turret. This turret is powered by the APU and will immediately shutdown in the event the APU is destroyed. The Calliope Turret is armored and pretty accurate when firing its LRMs. It is slightly less efficient when firing its Lasers, but it is still dangerous.

Charts below show the weapon loadout for the turrets and the DropShip, the time required to power up the DropShip as a function of APU destruction, and finally the damage incurred to the DropShip when APU’s are destroyed.

Calliope Turret (Powered Up)
Armor Points: 125
LRM/20: 2
ER Large Laser: 2
Medium Pulse Laser: 2

Leopard DropShip (Powered Up)
Armor Points: See Chart Below
LRM/20: 3
PPC: 2
Large Laser: 5
Medium Laser: 7

DropShip Powering Up Time
0 APU Destroyed: Powers up @ 11.0 minute mark (minimum DropShip power up time)
1 APU Destroyed: Powers up @ 9.5 minute mark
2 APU Destroyed: Powers up @ 8.0 minute mark
3 APU Destroyed: Powers up @ 6.5 minute mark
4 APU Destroyed: Powers up @ 5.0 minute mark (maximum DropShip power up time)

DropShip Damage / DropShip Armor Points
0 APU Destroyed: No Damage /-------------> 750 points (maximum DropShip armor)
1 APU Destroyed: Insignificant Damage /--> 700 points
2 APU Destroyed: Minor Damage /----------> 650 points
3 APU Destroyed: Moderate Damage /-----> 550 points
4 APU Destroyed: Major Damage /----------> 450 points (minimum DropShip armor)

* The numbers above would have to be balanced accordingly and are used for illustration purposes only.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

I don't get why destroying the APUs would reduce the drop ship HP,unless it was splash damage or something. Sounds like a cool idea, but would probably need specially crafted maps. Depending on availability of LOS to the drop ship, you might just end up with a bunch of people shooting the ship from 1500m away with erppcs...

Maybe they could try something like this with the test version and see if there is a suitable way to do this... Canyon network might be a good choice because there is plenty of cover for the dropship, which will force players to fight for position rather than just run around vsniping the ship.

I would test it.

Edited by Fire and Salt, 17 July 2013 - 05:47 AM.

#3 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

Sounds good to me.
Lets do it!

#4 Kylarus

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

I like it. These were always my favorite mission in previous Mechwarrior games.

#5 Vox Scorpus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts
  • LocationOn my mech - reloading my guns.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Sounds like fun! Ya here that PGI. And yeah sounds like an old MechWarrior game and those were all great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users