Poll: Who Would Like To See St. Ives Become A Faction?

69 replies to this topic

#1 Sabbathiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 381 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives Compact.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Who would like to see ST. Ives become a Faction?

Yes: 10001

No: 0

Edited by Sabbathiel, 13 August 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#2 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

You can make actual polls on this board, anyway, I would vote Yes.

#3 Sabbathiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

I votes YES!

Mods can we make this a poll?

#4 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

I was surprised they were not here already.

No offence FRR but St Ives is kinda on a par with you and you made the cut. Or was the inclusion of the FRR just a sop to future clan predations?

For this matter when are we gonna see the Com Gaurd as a faction? Ditto WoB in a few years time...?

#5 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

Already been done over a year ago:

http://mwomercs.com/...-determination/

I think there have been a couple more, too.

Edited by Hayden, 16 July 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#6 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

YES!!! For Candace, Cassandra and Kuan Yin, and ultimately, Kia Allard Liao.

#7 Sabbathiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

Hayden repost it here.. i think we are getting a good responce.

#8 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

I say no. Not because I dislike St. Ives, but I really don't want the FRR in either. Both really are minor nations, and when the Clans start coming in I feel that having minor IS factions around distracts from the real fight, and confuses new players. The five Great Houses versus the four "first" Clans is a easier intro the universe, rather than having a couple of other factions that per canon never really do much but annoy. If new factions were introduced the Magistry/Concordiate would be unique (having basically made it to nation status without any IS help), or a pirate faction could be fun.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 16 July 2013 - 05:41 AM.

#9 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

FRR is not a minor nation it was recognized by your government and backed by Com Star. In fact it was House Kurtia that gave them their independents sparking the Ronin Wars. They are the newest of Nation and not well established. Hints why the clans roll them.

#10 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

Never said that the FRR wasn't a nation, it is just a minor one. It is a border state between the Combine and the Lyran Commonwealth, but is not a major player in the inter-stellar game and never has been. Both the St. Ives Compact and the Free Rasalhague Republic do not do much in the political realm; St. Ives basically just moves to block Capellan interests- helping out the FedCom, while the FRR just tries to stay out of the Clans' clutches.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 16 July 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#11 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'd like the Magistracy of Canopus thrown in as well along with the option to form pirate kingdoms. Then again if they did that, who wouldn't want to carve out their own pirate kingdom?:(

#12 Alecxei Wolf

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

the st ives compact is essentially a neutral nation, yes they are small but show me a single innerspherian who would not have known of the st ives compact. as far as acting in davion interests, you make it sound like a puppet state, when in point of fact they have mobilized against both davion and the capellan confederation in the past. the FRR has their claim to fame as well, but you're kuritan, so of course you would not be in favor of the FRR having any more validity added to its existance. the st ives compact has always existed in one form or another it was a coalition of merchants in the very beginning and when they get reabsorbed back into the capellan confederation they have more influence on how the capellan military functions. all arguments for wether or not the st ives compact will be recognised are really moot, the space will be there whether it is yellow, white, or green. and we will be taking up station on those worlds wether the devs recognise them as liao planets, davion planets, or st ives' planets.

but the real special case of the st ives compact is that its already set up to be a rallying place for mercenary, liao, and davion units, its a buffer zone that if necessary can serve to hold off an aggressor giving the other side time to prepare their response, its an anti blitzkrieg nation if it is allowed to exist. and it provides a neutral space for davions and liao that both care and support the cause of candace liao to gather. and when the clans come it will be a glowing beacon from which an already cooperative force can flow out and smash them. think of it, if anything the fact that st ives will not be directly threatened by the clans gives it some leeway as far as who to move and support. and if they have an alliance with said nation they can move freely accross the lines shoring up defenses and plugging whatever gaps may exist. hell they can also quickly gather their forces and serve as a deep penetrating brigade seeing as they already have "generals". they are basically 7 regiments of cavalry acting as one.

Edited by Longwei Liao, 16 July 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#13 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Never said St. Ives was a puppet- they are just viciously anti-Cappellan and per canon generally support all FedCom's (specifically Victor Steiner-Davion's) inter-stellar policies. I agree that they are a border state, just like the FRR. What I don't agree with is having both as available factions- I feel that they are not needed for this current game. I'm glad there are pro-St. Ives/FRR fans out there, I'm just not one of them.

#14 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yeah its kind annoying ST ives arnt in in given they dont get cheesed by sun-tzu till 3063 (and the fact that the timeline has been paused for now means we aint got to worry about that anytime within this decade).

As for the FRR:

Snakes on the boarder! SEND THE HEAVY GUARD!

DAVION SCUM! Genyosha on the hunt!

FRR ON OUR PLANET!?......send that old commando we have keeping the mechbay door open that should do it.

#15 Sabbathiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 16 July 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

I say no. Not because I dislike St. Ives, but I really don't want the FRR in either. Both really are minor nations, and when the Clans start coming in I feel that having minor IS factions around distracts from the real fight, and confuses new players. The five Great Houses versus the four "first" Clans is a easier intro the universe, rather than having a couple of other factions that per canon never really do much but annoy. If new factions were introduced the Magistry/Concordiate would be unique (having basically made it to nation status without any IS help), or a pirate faction could be fun.

Well SI at this time has more allies than Romano.. And we are not so small and have great mech factories and many great pilots. you may be riding in SI mech. they seem ot be famous these days.
SI is a very important part of this puzzle.

I respect your thought though.

just trying to figure out how SI can fit in.

Sabbs

Edited by Sabbathiel, 16 July 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#16 Tsula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 516 posts
  • LocationNew Alavon

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 16 July 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

Never said that the FRR wasn't a nation, it is just a minor one. It is a border state between the Combine and the Lyran Commonwealth, but is not a major player in the inter-stellar game and never has been. Both the St. Ives Compact and the Free Rasalhague Republic do not do much in the political realm; St. Ives basically just moves to block Capellan interests- helping out the FedCom, while the FRR just tries to stay out of the Clans' clutches.

Its played a major role in politics in the IS. On March 13 of 3034 newly elected Prince Haakon Magnusson declared the formation of the Free Rasalhague Republic, free and independent of any other nation. Comstar was first to recognize the formation of the new nation, soon followed by the Draconis Combine on the following day. The act of the Combine in giving up so many of its worlds to the newly formed sovereign nation came as a shock to the rest of the Inner Sphere. Also, it left the Steiner government in a poor position, lessening their bargaining power in regards to the Tyr that were on the Rasalhague worlds still in the Commonwealth. As a result of the actions of the Kurita government Archon Steiner felt obliged and compelled to turn over the capture Rasalhague worlds to the newly formed nation. All this sparked the Ronin Wars. Yes as a military power no but as a political tool the FRR was a major changer. Not so much St. Ives sorry St. Ives supporters. Its a protectorate of FedCom. Given the destruction the Capellan military suffered at the hand of the Federated Suns, they were unable to do anything about the St. Ives secession. To further protect her fledgling nation, Prime Minister Candace allied with the Federated Suns, who provided military protection.

#17 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostSabbathiel, on 16 July 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

You may be riding in SI mech. they seem ot be famous these days.

There are only a few St.Ives mechs in the game. BJ-3 (altough that one is shared with CCAF) and Victors (which are all sold to AFFC).

View PostLongwei Liao, on 16 July 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

the st ives compact has always existed in one form or another it was a coalition of merchants in the very beginning and when they get reabsorbed back into the capellan confederation they have more influence on how the capellan military functions.

So did every Capellan state until Capellans united the whole thing and Liao-tians took power, taking their realm with it. That's why we're a confederation (a state created by more nations which agreed on a centralised goverment for all nations) and each commonality traces it's beggining to some pre-SL nation. If it weren't for the Davions, we'd still be a democratic coalition of Capellan Commonality, St.Ives Mercantile League, Tikonov Grand Union and the Duchy of Liao.

As far as the topic of independence goes, I'm fine either way. If they are a part of the Confederation, we get a few guys and a mech or two and get to fight Davions non-stop. If they aren't, then I'll simply have to pick fights around it as I have no intention of fighting fellow Capellans and be it lore or players that strike first, the realm doesn't have an independent future in front of it.

Then again, it's a tad bit unfair since FRR got their own nation and they are already lacking the capital and their Kungs Armé is in ruins... just let them kill Il-Khan and they're as good as an immortal shop NPC.

Edited by Adridos, 17 July 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#18 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostCaswallon, on 15 July 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

I was surprised they were not here already.

No offence FRR but St Ives is kinda on a par with you and you made the cut. Or was the inclusion of the FRR just a sop to future clan predations?

For this matter when are we gonna see the Com Gaurd as a faction? Ditto WoB in a few years time...?

there is a big difference between st. ives and FRR (i wouldn't mind seeing it as a faction but i have to be logical about this). St. Ives has 17 worlds. FRR has 70-80 worlds. there is quite a bit of a difference in size.

#19 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

I just want the Marian Hegemony so i can scream "FOR THE CAESAR!" and "FOR THE LEGION!" while gloriously riding into battle against House Marik and taking over smaller periphery states.

#20 Sabbathiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

this is fun

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users