#141 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:25 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 12 September 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN THE GALAXY HAS BEEN A GENETIC RELATIVE TO A NOT NAMED CLAN PERSON.

An idea don't have a genetic fingerprint.

While i don't know good enough about genetics but - four questions.
First how did Ghost Bears have genetic informations about Wolverines - i thought they were erased - so not even the "loyal" Clans followed the rules of their "Emporer" Kerensky?
Second - do you still get enough genes from a dead warrior (considering the radioactivity on 31st century battlefields) that could be identified as "Wolverine" Geneline - even if the last Wolverine lifed 7-9 generation before?
Third - can Ghost Bear genetics find difference between the "Steiner" Bloodline and the "Steiner" ruling family?
Fourth - WoB was able to generate Cyborgs - how difficult would it be to alter or "cloak" genetic code to hide the former genetic line.

Considering the "hostility" that appears when somebody say the truth about WoB - shows that the mission was successful - quote be F. Nietzsche
“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

#142 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

If people are willing to join, I will gladly get a unit started up for Blakists. I'm sure the Master would like some advance units out working in the Inner Sphere as "mercenaries" to get training.

#143 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 September 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

1. Genetic codes of each Bloodline of the Not-Named were kept by Wolf and Ghost Bear and used to test their own people to make sure no one was related and were kept in case people claiming to be Not Named came around (like WoB). In short before destroying the Gene Repositories they stole the gene codes and locked 'em up.
2. Radioactivity does not alter a DNA sequence it only introduces toxins that can manipulate it. So yes the DNA is easily enough.
3. Um, I don't know if you know this but they since they have the Genetic codes of the Not Named they can instantly find the similarities between someone Not Named and someone who isn't. What does a Lyran ruling Archon have to do with this? Not Named Genes no Lyran. Even if there is some Genetics can trace a person's ancestry back 500 years in the 21st century.
4. And Ghost Bear should be able to tell the difference between a robot and a human quiaff? Not to mention they tested every soldier found on the field so they definitely tested non Blakists and a false Gene code could easily be broken if all Cybernetics were removed for an Autopsy.

With the 4th topic i did mean - something like: WoB was able to KF-Jump into the core of a planet or something, they were able to hide planets. (Fortress Republic for sure is also a WoB Technology). Is it impossible that they were able to cloak or alter gen sequences that a "test" for markers - won't tell the truth?

Anyhow i understand there are logical flaws within the "idea" that WoB are Ex- Wolverines.
First - even if it was only a hidden clade within Com Star -> how could the Primus of Com Star didn't know anything about their existence and lineage? OK you can say that the "Outbound Light" was set on course because of "internal knowlege of the Clans" - but the problem remain - Focht should have known almost everything about the Clans before first contact was made (OK the regarding source books and novels go back to a time where nobody did know anything about the storm to come)

While logical flaws are a typical sign of BattleTech (Take for example the King Crab - 2741 by Kernesky - Atlas as the ultimative Assault in 2755 (to a time where the 010 King Crab was in existence - that is "fluffed" to beat an with ease) - oh there is even a better example
the P1N Pillager.....2 AC 20 and jump jets - almost 200 years before Kerensky ordered the King Crab - for wich reason?

So under this light - we should accept that somehow the knowledge of Wolverines was hidden deep in the catacombs of ComStar. Deeper that not even the Primus didn't know about it. But thats it - maybe you only have the very idea of Clan Wolverine remain - with no living descendants in the WoB militia -so no CGB genetic test would tell something different.
But why the hatred?
I did mentioned it before - an idea don't has a genetic fingerprint.
Take for example - and i don't want to insult anybody - religion.

Religion could be described as "idea" - and "idea - derivatives" from the original idea - and so on. I think you can accept that non of the Crusaders in the 11th Century was a descendant of Jesus and still there was hatred vs other religions - that was not part of the original idea right?

#144 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:16 PM

Hmm, what does Blakist beer taste like....rum....women...LOL.. HA Ha ha! Don't worry, we will leave a few men for the wenches!

Edited by Ed Steele, 16 September 2014 - 11:17 PM.

#145 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 21 November 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

Word of Blake may be the reasonable conclusion of another few hundred years of praying into your personal technology devices.

Can we trace the lineage of Jerome Blake all the way back to Steve Jobs?

if that would be the case, blakes word would have a half eaten fruit as symbol and not a sword. So probably not steve jobs.

#146 Vajhra

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 48 posts
  • LocationFlying your dropship

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:14 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 12 September 2014 - 05:36 AM, said:

Oh goodness here we go again. No you are not. Stop deluding yourself. NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN THE GALAXY HAS BEEN A GENETIC RELATIVE TO A NOT NAMED CLAN PERSON.

During the Jihad Clan Ghost Bear along with ComStar genetically tested every fallen Blakist. If the Blakists were descendants of Wolverine they would have shown up as Not Named caste members... They didn't (and do not give the that load of bull about the genetics being to far spread from 200 years of breeding. In the current 21st century we can trace people back over 500 years through genetics so they would easily show up as relatives to the Not Named).

Dont get your panties in a knot, I already said I deluded myself so you don't need to repeat it ;)
Consider that genetic's can be reprogrammed in the near future, so in the distant future in a fictional universe, I'm sure they can be adjusted enough to hide heritage.

Edited by Vajhra, 20 September 2014 - 12:15 AM.

#147 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:12 AM

View PostArtyomBrusilov, on 16 September 2014 - 09:49 PM, said:

If people are willing to join, I will gladly get a unit started up for Blakists. I'm sure the Master would like some advance units out working in the Inner Sphere as "mercenaries" to get training.

Create a unit, and advertise it in the faction recruitment threads. Plus, check the Hiring hall whenever possible for new blood, and ask them to join you. You will need to find a TS server for you guys (Comstar servers work fine, and would be hilariously appropriate), and contact their managers to setup a section for the WoB.

#148 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 20 September 2014 - 02:12 AM, said:

Create a unit, and advertise it in the faction recruitment threads. Plus, check the Hiring hall whenever possible for new blood, and ask them to join you. You will need to find a TS server for you guys (Comstar servers work fine, and would be hilariously appropriate), and contact their managers to setup a section for the WoB.

ComStar servers? You mean the Irregulars?

Edited by ArtyomBrusilov, 20 September 2014 - 06:07 AM.

#149 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:21 AM

View PostArtyomBrusilov, on 20 September 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

ComStar servers? You mean the Irregulars?

No, I mean Comstar NA, and Comstar EU

Comstar NA: na1.mech-connect.net

Comstar EU: eu1.mech-connect.net

#150 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:05 AM

we need indeed more factions - its a pity we don't have pirates (ok at current time line they are dead all of them)
- or the periphery states
- ComStar of course - its a pitty that the Devs decided to make ComStar their faction - still if i think about I'm still angry about it.

And the worst -they don't even paint their Mechs white - ever have seen a PGI Dev - in game - they don't use white Mechs.... of course not - i know why - they are affraid like children in the dark.

A Titanium White Mech is easy to spot on every Mech - even frozen city or Alpine Peaks - but true believers have Titanium White Mechs - (ok i admit i did invest some more money - and use mountain camo: Titanium White, Camo Grey, Obsidian Black)

Edited by Karl Streiger, 28 October 2014 - 01:08 AM.

#151 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 28 October 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

- ComStar of course - its a pitty that the Devs decided to make ComStar their faction - still if i think about I'm still angry about

I do wish ComStar was available as a faction selection. I am a fan.

#152 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

The timeline was rolled back to 3049 for CW (even though the game page still showed 3050 last time I checked) and I believe that it has been stated that PGI is no longer going to adhere to a 1:1 timeline. And we have to get to 3052 before WOB starts doing anything significant militarily.

#153 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

Remember one thing you Blakist cowards, when you anger the great Ghost Bear Dominion we will show you no quarter.

#154 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 October 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

And if it is the last thing I do, I will support and help the Ghost Bears in destroying this scum. I am a Warden. I will see that no one hurts the Inner Sphere (unless its the Draconis Combine. Jaguars can annihilate them for all I care).

Too bad it is the Dragon that eats the Jaguar....

It is funny, as the Blakist anger the Ghost Bear Dominion by attacking founding bloodnames of our clan, so we start a crusade against them, all of the other nations just ride our coat tails and take credit... Well fair enough they do pull their own weight.

Once they are crushed, we return to our borders.

#155 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

Incoming Word of Blake related Video to make the cultists happy

#156 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 October 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Make sure to include the pics of the children and youngsters suffering a needless death. Make sure it is graphic and truthful. Do it like this-

Cause this is what happened to countless families cause of the Blakists.

and yes I am a morbid person. Even in real life I can be pretty morbid.

Hey, exactly like this is written in the script in front of me.

Im telling too much, Ill get back in here when were done.

#157 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:49 AM

View PostIqfish, on 28 October 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

Incoming Word of Blake related Video to make the cultists happy

Its a pitty that some spacer didn't make the jump in time to be part of the party ;)

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 October 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Cause this is what happened to countless families cause of the Blakists.

again false propganda is false - Word Of Blake did not use weapons with more than 100 kT yield.
I admit there were blodd thirsty maniacs that had the command at the wrong time - or in other words to much grief/rage in combination with too much fire power is never a good idea.

Anyhow killing of civilians is always off the border - because when this happens things become ugly - you have vengeance for vengeance for vengeance and in the end the toil goes up.
Anyhow - it were ComStar Mechs that caused the first civilian deaths on Terra. And because the Norns are morbid to - they decided that it was time to cut the threads of a specific family. The husband and father anyhow hat control over the Nuclear weapons - what will you do - would sanity survive the wave of grief and anger - my would not.

#158 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:25 AM

Maybe - still nothing in comparison with the atrocitys during the succession wars - but its always unclean to use nuclear weapons or orbital bombardment instead of using infantry and Mechs to clean building after building - cattle the civilians and POVs and use flammer and machine guns to kill them.

All in all the FedCom Civil War + 4th Succession War and the Clan Invasion killed more people - and this wars were "clean" wars for freedom and other propaganda BS.
The Holy War should have been a war to end all wars - but with our failure comes oblivion - and Liao was so eager to fight new wars to slaughter again right after the "thread of the Blakist menace" stopped. Not to mention the clean and less evil Clans - the genocide made my the made jade falcons is without example

#159 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:33 PM

Does anybody in here have access to a HD-WoB Logo?

#160 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:38 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 06 November 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

no propaganda just Lore.

sarna or lore is writen by ComStar, WoB enemy Kurita or Republic Agents - its propaganda.
because you don't have sources were WoB agents make the intel

Yeah you guys got your own civilization massacred (it was your fault). How many people were there in WoB? Maybe a couple billion? Of which only a splinter faction survives monitored by ComStar. That massacre alone puts you guys above the 4th Succession war. It was your fault all this happened and thus any death falls on your hands in bloody tatters. Your faction is responsible for genocides greater than all the rest of BT and REAL History. And you still failed to unite the Inner Sphere.

total war was never the goal of com star nor word of blake - if it wasn't for the dirty house lords so eager to shed new blood - nothing would have happened.

Or in other words - the missunderstanding at Tharkad during the 4th Whitting Conference happened at the most critical time:

Mad napoleon Victor was part of ComStar - at his command was one of the biggest standing armys - with ComStar allinged was the FRR maybe along with the FRR even somehow the GhostBears. The davion puppet on the dragon thron was a just a shadow of his former glory - FedCom and LyranAlliance was brother and sister of Davion as well.
So there were only 2 succession states - that were on their own - plus some peripherie states. So the complete Jihad was caused by the actions of a single man - again - and if Victor was the man of peace propaganda described him - he would have found another way - but he didn't - blood shed was inevitable - when he ordered a ill tempered assault on terra - without any scout or intel it was a death sentence for his troops.
Without such hubris - the word of blake would never had the ability to make what they did.

You have to read between the lines to part propaganda from truth and you have to remember - to fight monsters you have to become a monster yourself.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 07 November 2014 - 02:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users