#savemwo

592 replies to this topic

#41 JadeRaven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostHylius, on 21 July 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Honestly, you might be a bit late on this. The latest patch has generated nothing but excitement on our end, bringing many of our more MWO-inactive members back into playing and given us a spike in applications (granted, the spike was from a base of about 0 thanks to the state of the game). I don't follow the forums so I can't speak for what's coming down the pipe, but the patch indicated they're finally getting their head in the game.

I might attend or send someone, depending on availability though. It's not like it hurts to talk.

We're not limiting people to simply being negative at the expense of pgi.

#42 Gwaihir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

I know that for us, we had a bunch of people come in to try out SRMs that were something other than "Completely broken." And they're nice-ish, still not as good as back in December, and far from good enough to compete with a solid team full of Phract-3Ds, Highlander 732s, and Jenner Fs.

e: overall numbers, though are waaay down from us, from perhaps 80-100 folks on in the evenings before alpine came out, to maybe, 5-10 or so these days.

Edited by Gwaihir, 21 July 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#43 GaussDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostGwaihir, on 21 July 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

I know that for us, we had a bunch of people come in to try out SRMs that were something other than "Completely broken." And they're nice-ish, still not as good as back in December, and far from good enough to compete with a solid team full of Phract-3Ds, Highlander 732s, and Jenner Fs.

e: overall numbers, though are waaay down from us, from perhaps 80-100 folks on in the evenings before alpine came out, to maybe, 5-10 or so these days.

At our peak we had something like ~20 people actively playing at the same time. It's now no more than 3-4 at a time.

#44 RiceyFighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 608 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

This better be a constructive meeting. I faced against you goons left and right in 4 man and 8 man always trolling us.

Anyways the Irony is unbelieveable.

#45 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

How cute.

#46 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Oh, activity is definitely down from its peak, there's no question about that. I'm just saying we seem to be on the upswing from the depression, but time will certainly tell. Again, doesn't hurt to talk about things, so I'll likely be there. If I can't make it, I'll be sure to send someone from our leadership.

#47 Phorashi

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostRiceyFighter, on 21 July 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

This better be a constructive meeting. I faced against you goons left and right in 4 man and 8 man always trolling us.

The leadership, Commanders and Directors, are not the line members. We can't control them, we can merely suggest to them not to be caustic. I'm sorry that your matches against goons have had a lot of smack talk. Hopefully we can have a dialog about the direction of the game without fangs and talons being brandished.

#48 Grand Ayatollah Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostHylius, on 21 July 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

Oh, activity is definitely down from its peak, there's no question about that. I'm just saying we seem to be on the upswing from the depression, but time will certainly tell. Again, doesn't hurt to talk about things, so I'll likely be there. If I can't make it, I'll be sure to send someone from our leadership.

People generally come back to the game when a new patch drops to see if it's worth playing again.

#49 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Oh, and for people doubting the sincerity of this, I'll try to reassure you (take it what you will coming from "that one pony corp"). We and the goons often butt heads in-game on 4-mans and 8-mans (all in good fun, at least on my end). But when we played them during a tournament? Nothing but sportsmanship, respect, and decency. They're not incapable of it, just their brand of fun doesn't coincide with a lot of other people's. I'm confident it'll be a proper and professional get-together. At least, as much as it can be with a bunch of nerdy Battletech jocks.

#50 Gwaihir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostRiceyFighter, on 21 July 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

"Goons" are not really one monolithic group, it's a huge group of people with several different groups having different focuses, interests and personalities.

All of those different groups, however, agree on some big problems with MWO though.

e: ^^ And yes, I and kdr at least take the SC2 "manner" tack for tournaments or scrimmages or whatever, because it's just the right way to go, and no one really respects a bad sport.

Edited by Gwaihir, 21 July 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#51 Grand Ayatollah Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

And some of us have never even played eve before. When I first joined the forums i was bemused at how there were people who instantly hated me because of stuff other people did in a game I've never played before.

#52 Phorashi

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostNarcisoldier, on 21 July 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

And some of us have never even played eve before. When I first joined the forums i was bemused at how there were people who instantly hated me because of stuff other people did in a game I've never played before.

There are, in fact, very few eve goons that actively play MWO. Well, few considering relative sizes.

#53 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostPhorashi, on 21 July 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

There are, in fact, very few eve goons that actively play MWO. Well, few considering relative sizes.

There are, in fact, very few goons who play EVE. Somethingawful.com has like one hundred thousand members, and only a fraction of them play video games.

Edited by Wales Grey, 21 July 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#54 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostThontor, on 21 July 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Would be cool if someone from PGI like Garth or Bryan Attended this thing.

Or at least listened in... Heh

It's the perfect opportunity for a Community Manager.

e: can I roleplay Comstar?

Edited by Texas Merc, 21 July 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#55 Phorashi

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 21 July 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

It's the perfect opportunity for a Community Manager.

e: can I roleplay Comstar?

Paging MiSs to this thread.

E: ohh, you're reading it right now.

Edited by Phorashi, 21 July 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#56 JadeRaven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'll probably add this to the OP when I can use better words, but I can't stress enough that I will not allow this to devolve into a circlejerk at the expense of PGI/IGP.

The aim here is to be as constructive as possible. The signal needs to be much louder than the noise if we are to accomplish anything with this. Paul isn't crazy. If the majority of players have a strong opinion, then he would be crazy to not to listen. Our job is to make sure that we're not perceived as a vocal minority.

Since 5:00 PM central time I've been speaking with a ton of people who represent many of the player groups inside this community, and I've gotten very similar responses from almost everyone. If you disagree with our concerns you are still welcome to join this discussion. I would love to hear your thoughts.

There are things that many of us would love to see changed, and many of these points are valid, but If you're coming here expecting to hear hate fueled rants all night then please feel free to stay at home.

Edited by JadeRaven, 21 July 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#57 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

please post a page where we could vote to things what the community want to decide, and how. Many of us dont have time to participate in this but like to add to the weight.

i think its a perfect time to do this because after launch the developers going to focus on a new project probably they still have flexible resources, so some one can fix the things what really need to be fixed.

i personally missing a hardpoint and its heavy and normal energy weapon hardpoint would stop most unreasonable or silly boats
oh and devastating short range weapons getting under 90 m should be rewarding so hit and run tactic would be more viable

As many old games were great not because it have an amazing graphics but just a well thought balance make it repalyable = CHESS

#58 Flying Blind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 776 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I won't be able to attend due to having to work. I have alerted my unit to the meeting but I have no idea if we or a representative will show in any form.

as far as turnaround goes, the Templars have been growing, or so it seems to me. we have scads of new recruits and tons of old vets. our vent channel is always very active even during really odd hours. I can come home, do some house work, get on around 1:30 am central usa time and find people to play with on our private vent channel. I have even seen 8 man queues occasionally though we can only drop vs. other Templar 8 mans cause no one else is on. maybe we are lucky and the exception to the rule. I don't know, but I'm having fun.

good luck on the town hall, if this works we'll all have to respect the bird of lowtax just a little bit more. as disastrous as it would be to thousands of egos I hope you pull it off and become the first ever "troll that saved our game"

seriously, I'm rooting for something good to come out of all this.

make it happen

#59 JadeRaven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostFlying Blind, on 21 July 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

I won't be able to attend due to having to work. I have alerted my unit to the meeting but I have no idea if we or a representative will show in any form.

as far as turnaround goes, the Templars have been growing, or so it seems to me. we have scads of new recruits and tons of old vets. our vent channel is always very active even during really odd hours. I can come home, do some house work, get on around 1:30 am central usa time and find people to play with on our private vent channel. I have even seen 8 man queues occasionally though we can only drop vs. other Templar 8 mans cause no one else is on. maybe we are lucky and the exception to the rule. I don't know, but I'm having fun.

good luck on the town hall, if this works we'll all have to respect the bird of lowtax just a little bit more. as disastrous as it would be to thousands of egos I hope you pull it off and become the first ever "troll that saved our game"

seriously, I'm rooting for something good to come out of all this.

make it happen

Thanks for your kind words, but I'm honestly worried that this might tarnish our tough guy persona way too much.

That being said, If you and your group can come to a consensus on your feelings both positive and/or negative about the state of the game, please feel free to send any or all your members over to chat with us on Thursday. We're going to let each group make their points first, then let the nominated individuals from within each group take part in the town hall style discussion.

Text chat will be open to all, so just because you're not the one speaking on your groups behalf doesn't mean you can't contribute to the discussion at hand.

Edited by JadeRaven, 21 July 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#60 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostJadeRaven, on 21 July 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

Thanks for your kind words, but I'm honestly worried that this might tarnish our tough guy persona way too much.

Y'all never really had one, to be honest. Just a nonsensical, n0 srz bzness, attitude of play.

I'm actually hoping the devs get in on this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users