• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostShatterpoint, on 12 January 2015 - 01:52 PM, said:

People who do it will always do it, [redacte]

This is how you get banned.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 17 January 2015 - 07:14 AM.
Promoting griefing in quote

#42 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:12 AM

Well, if I am piloting my Atlas, I know my job is to tank and shield the LRM or snipes..

Being used as a shield is fine and I expect and don't mind a little grinding.

However, I hate being pounded from behind with friendly fire, as that really hurts my luscious ***.

#43 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:29 AM

View PostRed Line Pilot, on 22 July 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

Using your allies as cover is an essential part of the game, standing directly behind them when they stand still so they can't move back is just stupid :S

AND HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. I warn once, second time is something nasty, like dual ac20's to your face.

#44 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostZarion11, on 22 July 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

Seriously, leave some space for ur fellow mech to retreat. When ur a piloting an asault, some noobs tend to use u as a cover. Its really annoying. And on top of that sometimes they even teamkill u. (Shoot u in the back) Didnt experience that for a long time. Lately its really bad. Dont use ur fellow as a shield!

***-Arse. And stop sensoring me. Thanks.

well, its censoring but...

4-5 times a night, each night, I get chewed up, or die because someone blocks my retreat. I NEVER do that, dont care, someone coming backwards, I hit the brakes and start backing up. period.

anyhow, so I take down their names and come to the forums to see who I'm dealing with.....rarely is it someone who is a regular, more often than not, its someone with zero post count.
and NOT always a noob either, which is particularly frustrating, seeing someone with year experience still doing stupid s$##$^^....

View PostWolfiac, on 17 January 2015 - 02:29 AM, said:

AND HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. I warn once, second time is something nasty, like dual ac20's to your face.

unless you die, what good does that do? takes a gun off your team. I dont do that, want to, but wont.
just move around and let them take a turn as meatshield.

View PostDar1ng One, on 17 January 2015 - 02:12 AM, said:

However, I hate being pounded from behind with friendly fire

NOW we're talking my ultimate pet peeve, not LRM fire that he lost a lock on, not when I run in front of a non stop stream of AC or lasers.....I'm talking BOOM at the start of the game from a nimtard testing his weapons, or during battle, well, let me just say it this way...that mech I legged and cored and is smoking...I can finish him off thankyouverymuch without YOU blasting my back side hoping for a piece of him.
and NO I dont hug that mech, I'm talking take a second, walk three paces to one side and then try and get your kill stealing joy on

#45 Kahadras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

However, I hate being pounded from behind with friendly fire

That is annoying. It's also annoying when people dash in front of you in their eagerness to get a kill or two. I had one game tonight when I had the same pilot block me off about four or five times in the same game. He was lucky that I didn't take off all of his rear armour but I try to be careful to keep an eye out for that sort of thing.

If you don't have a shot then don't take a shot. Far too often people just blaze away into a melee in the hope that they'll hit an enemy mech. In the previous example I could have danced around behind that pilot trying to get off a shot or two but instead I held my fire and waited until there was no danger of friendly fire.

Edited by Kahadras, 21 January 2015 - 03:34 PM.

#46 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

another question: If people damage you repeatedly (in a way that your mech is seriously hurt) is it okay to teamkill the muppet? I mean, you want to survive and when your friendly behind you is a bigger threat than the enemies, you have to do something ^^

Ususally i get insulted when I tell people that they are alphain' me in the back most of the time instead of hitting the enemy and then get various responses like "STFU STUPID ******" - In which case it would be pretty funny if you just turned around and shot his cockpit out ;)

Probably doesn't help that I like to drive PeekABoo mechs like CDAs a lot and people mostly use you as a shield as soon as you peek, not realizing that you have to back off instantly after every shot - or die.

#47 Scyther

• 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

I see this a ton... I am in my assault, normally taking point around a corner, I see 2-5 mechs in front of me, alpha one, use my lasers, back up...

Oh wait, can't back up. There is a light or a medium right behind me trying to squeeze between me and the corner.

(OR there is a 1-foot tall rock, log or pipe behind me that I could walk forward over just fine...)

Given the crappy way MWO resolves 'mech collisions' it's anybody's guess what happens after that.

While trying to back up, I am normally getting my rear armor and arms shot up by 'friendly' fire.

I have even had an Adder call me out for 'trying to get in front of him on the firing line'... because Adders are now front-line mechs I guess.

So yeah, now I generally head for positions with no teammates around.

(Other thing that happens... entire team runs off at best speed, then wonders why they get shot to hell when they run into enemy assaults/LRMers without assault support)

#48 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

I was going to say things had got better until tonight/today. One case I was playing peek a boo with a Direwolf & Atlas {something i'm happy to do in my Timberwolf} until the assaults spat their dummies out & I go to back up & there's a party going on behind me. I lost my Mech because I was boxed in by my own side.I've seen some really bad playing today,everything from Mechs overtaking me,pulling in front & then slamming on. To being pushed out of my fire position. Fair enough I turned around & took another fire position.Using zoom I had a good shot until a Centurion walked in front of me while I was firing. I pulled the shot but he must of lost a fair chunk of armour. Who knows,that may have saved a game?

Edited by rolling thunder, 25 January 2015 - 05:16 AM.

#49 ThrashInc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

This was never a problem back when I originally played MWO. (8 man teams)

For some reason, the main tactic now is to try to dock {Richard Cameron} with your entire team so you only get 3 guns in the fight. It's a pretty solid strategy because you've got 3 guns vs. 12 guns and obviously 3 guns is better.

Unfortunately, the docking {Richard Cameron} means that if you try to back up as an assault, you might catch a **** in the butt and that's no fun.

The only game mode that resembles the last time I played is Conquest, thankfully.

#50 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:56 AM

Seriously, leave some space for ur fellow mech to retreat. When ur a piloting an asault, some noobs tend to use u as a cover. Its really annoying. And on top of that sometimes they even teamkill u. (Shoot u in the back) Didnt experience that for a long time. Lately its really bad. Dont use ur fellow as a shield!

If they dont move or block your path causing you to get your armor stripped, alpha them! Im soo tired of **** pilots that try to take the spot that you've been at for a few minutes because they know you have a good LoS spot.

#51 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

I suspect it's mostly new players who are the problem when it comes to blocking. I often notice the same people blocking me usually get next to no damage because they follow bigger mechs around like a lost puppy, and run out in the open when the chance presents itself.

View Postmogs01gt, on 26 January 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

If they dont move or block your path causing you to get your armor stripped, alpha them! Im soo tired of **** pilots that try to take the spot that you've been at for a few minutes because they know you have a good LoS spot.

That happens to me any time I have a good vantage point. Usually some light will run in and sit next to me, often giving away my position. I used to get angry, but just expect it now.

Edited by Greenjulius, 26 January 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#52 Savage Sweets

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

Ah.... the pains of human idiocy.

I can't stand it, and usually do a public service announcement before a match begins to not tailgate/butt hug allies.
When I peek or follow behind allies, I will almost always immediately back up if I see them backing up, to give them that breathing room.

The only time I face-hug enemies is on my SRM builds that demand it, due to SRM velocity being so utterly poor that you have to lead shots so far ahead that if an enemy slows down, remotely changes direction or stops, you will miss. (Still, it's fun to blast overly-eager enemies with 32 - 48 points of damage & still watch them stick around for another if they live.)

Funny though, two or so weeks ago, a Cataphract accused me to friendly-firing him in the back after he backed up into me while I was backing up (out of each other's line of sight; so back-to-back), while I was using an I.S. LRM boat.

#53 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:12 AM

I watched a team mate shoot another team mate in the back yesterday. They were passing through a gap & the first guy wasn't going fast enough. I was waiting for them both to get out of my way when one guy shot the other. What can I say? There's no way to report these idiots & I certainly wouldn't have expected it. The level of hostility to other players shown in these "games" is outstanding.

#54 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

It is maddening to be stopped from retreating, or carefully firing from cover and some nit moves in front of you..then, gets locked and in come the LRM's, he tries retreating but now YOU are blocking the idiot....what to do...what to do...anticipate and start backing up cause you know you need the guns...but soon I may just look stupidly at the poor sot taking fire for a dumb move.

do they learn? I really didn't do that when I started this game...I dont think they do learn.

How far up the ELO chain to have to go before I QUIT seeing this sort of thing?

#55 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:29 AM

absolutely agreed. Another thing from the other direction, don't stop your big fat *** in chokepoints. Don't move into one or run straight through at max speed.

#56 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:35 AM

I heartly agree with this... on the other hand, some of these players really ask for a multi ton mech suppository by stopping and completely blocking a choke point.

A classic one is always Terra Therma with the varoius Caldera entrances. Players walk up to the end of the entrance and STOP... either stay out completely if you want to or move in and to the side so that you are not completely blocking your whole team!

#57 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:07 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 29 January 2015 - 04:35 AM, said:

A classic one is always Terra Therma with the varoius Caldera entrances. Players walk up to the end of the entrance and STOP... either stay out completely if you want to or move in and to the side so that you are not completely blocking your whole team!

this one always boggles my mind. Like no one has the ability to think differently and go do something else. The enemy clearly has the center, so they stop there and play poke'n'peek still your team goes 4 or 5 down in a few minutes.

#58 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

I KEEP forgetting about THIS one.......

Start of the match, someone apologizes, in advance, for a build they are "experimenting" with.
So, I ask, how did it work in the testing maps?
oh, I never do that, I learn as I go here..
and off they charge over the hill to see 'how good it kills'

when will my ELO put me past those types?

#59 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostThat Dawg, on 29 January 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

I KEEP forgetting about THIS one.......

Start of the match, someone apologizes, in advance, for a build they are "experimenting" with.
So, I ask, how did it work in the testing maps?
oh, I never do that, I learn as I go here..
and off they charge over the hill to see 'how good it kills'

when will my ELO put me past those types?

never and in all honesty training grounds can only do so much after a point the only way to test a build is in battle

#60 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

Yeah. I'll go to the training grounds if it has me doing something really complicated with weapon groups and I want to make sure I remember what was where.

Most builds aren't that complicated so I'll test them out in a match, since you don't learn much by shooting at immobile mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users