Victor 9K Builds?

40 replies to this topic

#1 Miaku

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

No threads for this chassis. Having a hard time thinking of something, and wondering if putting 6 JJ is really worth it?

#2 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

Builds will really depend on what you want to do with the mech. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4172671fab7ca8c makes for a decent brawler with a little bit of range ; you can swap the llas and gauss for mlas and uac5s to bring the range a little closer, or dump the srms and llas for ppcs or lrms to give you a bit more range. Hard to make a recommendation without knowing what you want to do though, and you have a good enough mix of hardpoints to give you a few roles that you could do reasonably well at on the battlefield.

#3 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

I've been using the Guass Rifle, 3 medium lasers and 2 Streak 2's. You're really kind of stuck with the Guass unless you want to go down to an AC 10, and that's just silly. And the K can't fit an AC 20. Victors are all about that heavy right hook.

I've actually kinda regretted the streaks. Sure I don't have to worry about where my torso is pointing and I really do hate light mechs, but I feel kinda soft against other Victors that have the 6 + 4 launchers.

The 6 JJ is nice for making sure you don't get hung up and the ledge, but you may want to consider it as optional as I haven't found them more then modestly useful.

Other pilots use an XL engine to mount 2 PPC's on the left arm. To very good effect I might add. I only don't because I am morally opposed to putting an XL into a brawler, but you can't argue with the results.

Now with my build, I don't need anymore heatsinks then the 12 I can cram into the Engine, It just doen't make enough heat to be an issue. One ton of ammo for the steak and 2 for the guass. Oh, you only need case on the left torso with the streak ammo. As the gauss is non-explosive it isn't needed in the right.

Edit: aniviron you forgot the missle ammo and you'll probably need two jumps to get to the top of the ridge in Canyon.

Edited by Kanatta Jing, 22 July 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#4 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

I have had a lot of success with this loadout

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f40ed4d404626f6

Its mostly a brawler but when I do get up close, I bounce around a lot so I don't take too many hits to the torso. Its easy to hit with the SRMs even with the jump shake. The gauss plus JJ makes for a decent sniper on big maps that are hard to close range.

I also used a really fast one for a while but I liked the above one better.
Here is the fast one:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...05eb23dcb13da6e

I liked the LB-10x up close better than the gauss and the speed of this one lets you close the range really quick. But I still like the slightly slower one better.

#5 AllOuttaBubbleGum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

I've had reasonable success with ac5, 2xsrm6, 3x med lasers and XL 380.

#6 Miaku

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postaniviron, on 22 July 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Builds will really depend on what you want to do with the mech. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4172671fab7ca8c makes for a decent brawler with a little bit of range ; you can swap the llas and gauss for mlas and uac5s to bring the range a little closer, or dump the srms and llas for ppcs or lrms to give you a bit more range. Hard to make a recommendation without knowing what you want to do though, and you have a good enough mix of hardpoints to give you a few roles that you could do reasonably well at on the battlefield.

Not to be rude, but I think your build would really benefit from having maybe even like 1 HS in it I'd suggest even dropping down an engine size like to 375 to make it happen....

I think I'm just looking for what people are doing with their 9K's. I understand that this means what your build is, so it's pretty redundant, but ya I'm looking for build ideas!

View PostGumbyC2C, on 23 July 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

I have had a lot of success with this loadout

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f40ed4d404626f6

Its mostly a brawler but when I do get up close, I bounce around a lot so I don't take too many hits to the torso. Its easy to hit with the SRMs even with the jump shake. The gauss plus JJ makes for a decent sniper on big maps that are hard to close range.

I also used a really fast one for a while but I liked the above one better.
Here is the fast one:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...05eb23dcb13da6e

I liked the LB-10x up close better than the gauss and the speed of this one lets you close the range really quick. But I still like the slightly slower one better.

Sorry gumby, neither of your builds are loading for me..

#7 ThePieMaker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 155 posts
  • LocationNew Canton, Griffin Base

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

I enjoy this one
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4c13664bf5476de

#8 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

I put 2xERPPC + Gauss + 2xSSRM2 on mine. It works very well as a flanker/long-range support (basically a Dragon with more guns and armor, and jjs). If you want to brawl, I would say get one of the AC20-capable variants. Gauss will be a liability up close.

#9 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

View PostMiaku, on 23 July 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Not to be rude, but I think your build would really benefit from having maybe even like 1 HS in it I'd suggest even dropping down an engine size like to 375 to make it happen....

the build was mostly just a quick scribble. If I were to run that, I'd probably wind up dropping one ton of armor for a heatsink, maybe two- I also wouldn't allocate so much rear torso armor. Dropping down to 375 would be a pretty foolish idea though, since an XL375 weighs exactly as much as an XL380, and is indeed part of why I chose it. I wouldn't be terribly concerned about the suboptimal heat though, as you probably won't be firing the llas at the same time as the srms in most engagements, and the gauss generates virtually no heat, so you can keep it firing constantly no matter what. If this were a VTR-9B or S with an ac20, yes, 35% would be too low for heat eff, but I don't think it's all that bad for a build with gauss, simply because that gives you the luxury of continuing the fire while you are heated up.

#10 Madwill

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostMiaku, on 22 July 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

No threads for this chassis. Having a hard time thinking of something, and wondering if putting 6 JJ is really worth it?

Check out my Hail to The Victors! thread in the Mechs and Loadouts forums. several 9-k builds are in there.

#11 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

I had success with my 360 XL, Gauss, 2 LLs (Or LPLs, I swap them out on occasion), 3 SSRM2s, and AMS. Not needing to worry about torso aiming is nice for the streaks, and is good for extra punch against the pesky lights. Swap those out for regular SRMs and you can stil brawl with the best of them in this build. If you insist, go with PPCs or ER PPCs, but regular PPCs have the min range issue, and ERs heat up way too much IMHO, and if you're going for faster mechs, the direct fire of a laser I find tends to be better (and you only have to worry about leading with the gauss)

Since you've got the extra arm actuator, this mech has a better arm range though, so it's great for hunting lights and mediums.

I've been leveling up the other variants, I miss my 9K.

Edited by Bront, 28 July 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#12 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

I am having mild success with this build

380 XL
4 JJ
12 DS

3 MedlLsr
Gauss rifle 3 tons ammo
Srm6 + Srm4 2 tons ammo

Not sure if i like or will stick with it yet.

Victor is such a strange mech to me. If you want to use that speed and jump jets you are left with so little tonnage for weapons compared to the other assault mechs (mainly Atlas and Highlander)

#13 Master Q

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

You can actually do a lot with a 9K. I would almost ditch the ballistic hardpoint entirely. With three energy mounts in the left arm, consider it the Southpaw variant and mount a pair of PPC or ERPPC in that arm. That'll give you a decent left cross with some range.

Since you won't want to be without if you lose the arm, load up a pair of SRM racks in the torso next.

Then give it the fastest engine you can slot, enough heatsinks to round it out, and you've got a heck of a skirmisher.

#14 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

But filling up every energy hardpoint with PPC's is like stealing lollipops from a 5 year old.

#15 Master Q

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 440 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Did I say fill "Every" hardpoint? Nope. 2 out of 3. A pair, no more.

#16 DJDeath

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:57 AM

XL 350, Gauss, 3 LL, 2 JJ. Works fine for me. Haven't been a fan of XL engines in Assaults, but I'm doing fine so far.

#17 Madwill

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostDJDeath, on 30 July 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

XL 350, Gauss, 3 LL, 2 JJ. Works fine for me. Haven't been a fan of XL engines in Assaults, but I'm doing fine so far.

i run something similar. XL 350 Gauss, 2 LL, SRM 6, 4 JJ.

#18 Thorbjorn Stoltenberg

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around planet Earth

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

I've been quite successfull with my 9S that is equiped with just an AC/20 and a pair of PPCs, 16 DHS and an XL350. Unfortunately I can't fit this loadout in the 9K for obvious reasons.

The 9K in particular is a tricky variant for me to come up with a loadout I feel comfortable with.

If I put in the Gauss alternatively (and get used to the lagging), I'll lose some punch but win some range and will be able to save some space for AMS or BAP with regard to the decreased heat production and the increased ammo per ton.

The 9K is in my opinion a necessary evil, you have to accept, if you want to level up all the Victors variants.

#19 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

The simplest build to use now is AC10+2xPPC. In general, you put an AC10 or a Gauss Rifle in the right arm, and add 3xLL, 2xPPC, 2xERPPC, or 3xML on the left arm. Fill up with engine, jump jets, heatsinks, and SRM10 depending on personal preference. You can take XL engines relatively safely, just remember to jump and turn when getting shot at.

Edited by Modo44, 28 December 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#20 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

The K has 3 energy mounts in the arm. I like to try to make use of them, as it makes it unique from the other Victors.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...041dd707919d4a9

It's not a brawler so much as a mid rand direct fire support. You have the AC10 for range and the 3 medium lasers are still fairly effective out to around 350m, or so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users