Taking The Lemons Of "hardcore Mode" And Making Lemonade

4 replies to this topic

#1 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

Now, I understand that they cannot name the other mode "The Kiddie pool" for fear of hurting people's feelings, but since that's what it is, we may as well tweak it more to the *****'s liking, while at the same time preserving the actual fun for the "hardcore" among us.

That means that in the "hardcore" playlist, LRMs should be buffed back to where they were + a slight damage buff, and the ridiculous SSRM nerf should be reversed along with SSRMs receiving a small damage buff.

Likewise, the heat system should be completely removed for this playlist. If the powers that be absolutely insist on some derpiness, then just apply the heat penalties to ppcs and gauss, counting a gauss rifle as an ERPPC. (Not an idea I'm in favor of but if they insist- and they will- we are going to have to throw them a bone).

In the kiddie pool, go to the opposite extreme. Absolutely cave in to the idiots and make SSRMs do .01 damage, and LRMs do .001 damage. You should be restricted to mounting exactly 1 of the following weapons:

PPC
ERPPPC
Gauss

And just to be clear, I mean that you can only carry 1 ppc, 1 erppc, or 1 gauss rifle.

Likewise, any mech can only carry two of the following:

Llas
SRM6
LRM20

etc etc.

This should satisfying the people who cry about every little thing.

Naturally, the "Kiddie pool" playlist should not get knockdown when it is re-introduced, nor should they ever get any future machinegun, flamer, tag, NARC, or LBX buffs, since they think these things are "fine".

This should satisfy both "hardcore" players and... well... idiots.

#2 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

do they say anywhere what hardcore mode really is?ive read ppl say its 1st person, nothing else...

#3 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

This thread surely has no chance of being sent to birdland.

#4 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostEyeDie I, on 03 August 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

do they say anywhere what hardcore mode really is?ive read ppl say its 1st person, nothing else...

That's why I am proposing that they take those lemons and make them into lemonade.

This way we can have a Valhalla and a Yomi, and everyone is happy!

The idiots can enjoy their "skillful" point and click hitscan weapons (remember, ac/20s are not skillful, nor are ac/2s), and the good people can actually have fun and use their intelligence to... you know... avoid being hit by missiles, and not get in close to ac/20 users.

#5 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Also, maybe remove the engine cap for the "Hardcore" mode so we can have Awesomes that aren't utterly useless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users