"premium Time" Confusing As A New Player

28 replies to this topic

#21 Klaatugort

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

Can you switch premium time on and off for periods when you are not on the game, or is it only active when you are logged in. I don't want to waste premium time when I am unable to play.

#22 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:59 AM

View PostRender, on 08 July 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Okay... this thred started in 2013. I have been playing over a month now. I have Premium Time I am using now from a Clan Mech Purchas. And I feel like a dumbass because i have to ask this... "What Is Premium Time ?
Do I get 2x credits? 3x, 4x, 5x ? Do I get any extra MC? Any Extra GXP? or just the in game money?
What this game needs is a manual. We should not have to go to a Forum and beg for Information.
I mean... Please.

You get +50% C-bills and +50% Exp from matches. It also enables you to create more customized private matches. Those are the benefits of premium time.

View PostClatugort, on 26 August 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

Can you switch premium time on and off for periods when you are not on the game, or is it only active when you are logged in. I don't want to waste premium time when I am unable to play.

Once Premium Time has been started it cannot be stopped. Just like a subscription to any MMO.

#23 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

I'm not new by any stretch of the imagination but I would definitely support any UI changes that help the newer players find their footing. We should be helping them all, not pushing them away!

#24 Average Pilot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

I'd like a clarification please concerning the note from Savage Wolf above. If a player purchases or is awarded premium time, that time runs even if said player is not connected and playing the game? Pardon me, but this seems ridiculous. If I have three days of premium time, the game expects me to play non-stop for those three straight days to maximize the benefit of the purchase? Maybe I'm just an old guy, but that business practice seems awfully unfair to me...

#25 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:33 AM

View PostAverage Pilot, on 28 November 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

I'd like a clarification please concerning the note from Savage Wolf above. If a player purchases or is awarded premium time, that time runs even if said player is not connected and playing the game? Pardon me, but this seems ridiculous. If I have three days of premium time, the game expects me to play non-stop for those three straight days to maximize the benefit of the purchase? Maybe I'm just an old guy, but that business practice seems awfully unfair to me...

That is how it works. Once it starts it cannot be paused or stopped. It's a subscription and that's how subscriptions work. MMOs and a lot of other games do the same so it's hardly a new thing. In fact when considering how old Everquest is, maybe it's even an old thing by now.

And it is true that the value of the subscription is higher the more you use it, but they certainly don't expect you to do that, they no doubt has set the price compared to an average amount of play. But you should consider the price of premium time compared to how effectively you will be able to make use of it.

However, it should be noted that they added an option in your profile page on this site to only activate 30 days at a time which is really nice for those who saves up premium time via packs and such and end up with 90 days worth. Now you don't have to spend it all at once.

That being said, subscriptions do have the problem of being of higher value to hardcore gamers compared to casual gamers so one could hope PGI would innovate and create a product more appealing to casuals. But for now, they just do what everyone else is doing.

#26 Rotella-T

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

Can anyone explain to me how to buy premium time? I got a months worth with a package I bought, now I need more and can't figure it out.
I will probable post this again in the noob section.

#27 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:48 PM

View PostYummystrike, on 07 October 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

Can anyone explain to me how to buy premium time? I got a months worth with a package I bought, now I need more and can't figure it out.
I will probable post this again in the noob section.

Ingame -> Shop (Or whatever it is called, I can't remember. That yellow button over there in the upper-right corner of the screen) -> Boosters.
Of course, you will have to have MC for that.

Edited by DuoAngel, 07 October 2015 - 10:48 PM.

#28 eskimojoe37

Rookie

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFairbanks, Alaska

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:46 PM

Thanks DuoAngel, I would have never found that! The Shop on most games like this is where you buy the gold, not add premium time. Kind of a stupid way of doing that if you ask me, should just be a button "Add Premium Time" in the Premium Time window of the UI, then it asked you how much you want to spend. Something that stick out and is kind of ******* proof. As a self proclaimed ******* I was really getting frustrated with trying to find it.

#29 northpow

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

FWIW I am a new player and I am trying to buy premium time, and I am running into the same problem as everybody else - can't figure out how to buy it, couldn't even figure out what it **IS** until I came to the forums.

I finally figured out how to buy it from the store (under "boosters"), but you should have a button next to the counter that takes you to the store.

This game is very poorly documented overall. Like for example I had to ask in the forums before somebody told me that OmniMechs have different configuration options than BattleMechs... after I had already wasted my CBills on an OmniMech of course.

Very frustrating experience for a new player, please improve.

Edited by northpow, 04 April 2016 - 03:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users