18 replies to this topic

#1 Rigiroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 350 posts
  • LocationValhala

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

Got back from a three week trip. I patched up MWO and clicked Play then I get a message saying MWO has stopped working and have to close the program. The patcher stays open and says Please Wait until I close it. The game has never given me issue (Instances with Closed Beta not withstanding) until now.

Running: FX 4100, ATI Sapphire 7850, 8 GB ram, 7 Home Premium 64x (6.1, Build 7601)

Error Message from Windows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MWOClient.exe
Application Version: 3.4.1.4418
Application Timestamp: 51f05ada
Fault Module Name: StackHash_ba63
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 77a00bd2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ba63
Additional Information 2: ba63ca3652d33a4a52b1606e5c006cbe
Additional Information 3: 21a5
Additional Information 4: 21a54a926b0c590057ac6cd2e9a0f287

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

#2 ZionStation

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm having the same problem. Running the repair tool now I'll tell you if it works for me.

#3 R6Nighthawk

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

Close to the same problem I've been having, my mwo launcher will not launch the game whatsoever, but it'll stay open and never say it has "stopped working" or quit responding... It'll just hang on the "PLEASE WAIT" message, but never boot up the client. Running the repair tool does not seem to fix the issue for me.

Similar setup to your computer here: FX-4170, Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz, 8GB ram, Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

EDIT: Reinstalled MWO, did not solve the problem. Reading about the avast issue as reported by Tarl Cabot below, will try that out sometime.

Edited by R6Nighthawk, 05 August 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

OP, are you running Avast! antivirus/security software?

http://mwomercs.com/...on-please-wait/

Right now there is an issue where MWO and Avast! on certain AMD chipsets is preventing the game from launching.

There are currently 2 temporary workarounds

In order to workaround this issue, there are 2 currently known workarounds

1 - un-install Avast! and reboot your PC. Suggest installing another antivirus program if feasible
2 - "Instead of uninstalling and reinstalling Avast open Avast, go to settings and under the troubleshooting section uncheck the box for "Enable hardware-assisted virtualization". Then reboot and you should be able to launch MWO with no problems."
3. Added - do nothing and wait for resolution - High priority but no ETA atm.

#5 Grave Dancer

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

Same exact issue I am having. Got back recently from a month long trip, and am no longer able to run MWO. I get the same symptoms as the OP.

When I get home I will try disabling avast and see if that "fixes" the issue, however even if that is the case its not a real fix. If I have to choose between antivirus and MWO, MWO loses. I use my computer for work and cant afford to have it infected.

#6 LabGecko

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Same here. If MWO is causing an issue that requires that we disable a standard portion of our antivirus, something's wrong with the code. If it comes down to the antivirus which has worked reliably for years despite how many other games I play vs poking holes in my AV so MWO will run, MWO is going to lose. There are many other fun games out there that don't ask me to compromise my system.

#7 Rose Scented Love Puff

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

I've got the exact same problem but on Intel chipset and running AVG antivirus. Tryed running the MWO repair tool and disabled AVG but to no avail. It may be different if I was to uninstall AVG perhaps but for now, MWO is unplayable again.

#8 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostObsidian_Knight, on 13 September 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

I've got the exact same problem but on Intel chipset and running AVG antivirus. Tryed running the MWO repair tool and disabled AVG but to no avail. It may be different if I was to uninstall AVG perhaps but for now, MWO is unplayable again.

For troubleshooting purposes, without uninstalling AVG/reboot and tested MWO, you are only making an assumption that it is AVG. It may very well not be it but something else, especially considering you have been playing the game successfully before the Sept 10th patch. The issue, at least with Avast/MWO conflict, has been going on since a July patch.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 14 September 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#9 Rose Scented Love Puff

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 14 September 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

For troubleshooting purposes, without uninstalling AVG/reboot and tested MWO, you are only making an assumption that it is AVG. It may very well not be it but something else, especially considering you have been playing the game successfully before the Sept 10th patch. The issue, at least with Avast/MWO conflict, has been going on since a July patch.

Fair enough but I thought it would be something to try anyway considering that others who were having the same problem were disabling Avast as a workaround. Nothing that has been suggested, and I've tried has worked though so guess I'm going to wait it out for the next patch. If it's permanent then I'll go find myself another game to get involved in and forget the MC's I've got on MWO.

#10 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Actually, disabling it was not working. They disabled a specific part of the program which then required a reboot to remove the conflict. Right now it would appear that you are simply shooting in the dark. If you are looking for games that do not require any type of tinkering then unfortunately you will be stuck with console games. Nor are we saying that you should run your system without an antivirus program all the time.

So, you can start your own thread, post your system stats and exactly what happens when it happens, and what troubleshooting steps have you taken.

If you not interested, just remember, what might be keeping you from playing MWO may or may not affect the NEXT game you play. If the unfortunate does happen hopefully you will become more involved in how your system works unless you plan to use it only for forums and emails and surfing.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 14 September 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#11 Rose Scented Love Puff

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 14 September 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Actually, disabling it was not working. They disabled a specific part of the program which then required a reboot to remove the conflict. Right now it would appear that you are simply shooting in the dark. If you are looking for games that do not require any type of tinkering then unfortunately you will be stuck with console games. Nor are we saying that you should run your system without an antivirus program all the time.

So, you can start your own thread, post your system stats and exactly what happens when it happens, and what troubleshooting steps have you taken.

If you not interested, just remember, what might be keeping you from playing MWO may or may not affect the NEXT game you play. If the unfortunate does happen hopefully you will become more involved in how your system works unless you plan to use it only for forums and emails and surfing.

Well considering MWO was working perfectly fine prior to the latest patch then I'd say my assumptions are correct in that it was the patch that is now causing the game to hang on "please wait" after clicking "play". I'm not as overly computer savvy as some on here so I'm not going to go digging around and potentially creating more havoc on my system for something that wasn't a problem before. Yes my AVG was the free version so I couldn't find the option that was recommended to perform the workaround. I tried disabling it to no avail, and then uninstalled it to no avail as well, so that eliminates AVG as the problem. Since then, I've made sure my drivers are upto date, uninstalled MWO, cleaned out junk files, cleaned registry and then reinstalled MWO. The same problem persists. Oh and I tried the MWO repair tool as well.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model G41MT-D3
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~2933 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
NVidia GeForce 210

My apologies if this tread is in the wrong place.

Edited by Obsidian_Knight, 14 September 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#12 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Greetings all,

Insure that the "install directory" is still correct. The last few patch's have in some cases started to move the files to the standard "Program Files" area of your drive. And insure that you are not installing the "Live game" into the same folder as the "Public test version" as that will corrupt the main game .

The files should be going to the C drive within a games folder then to Piranha games folder, etc... (at least on mine)

Check by right clicking on the game icon and selecting "open file location", it should lead to the stated locations, and end up in the Bin32 folder. Also set the "exe" (MechWarriorOnline.exe) again to "Run as Administrator" as with each new version of the "exe" you may need to.

Also there were some updates of certain required files, see the links below.

See here for additional instructions on installing MWO:
http://mwomercs.com/...tallation-guide

And the MWO repair tool here:
http://patcher.mwome...ORepairTool.exe

And from the Dev. Niko Snow see here:
http://mwomercs.com/...-this-may-help/
(edit, link not working as thread has been moved.)

Make sure that all your software is up to date. In addition of verifying your drivers and framework 4.0, click the following links to make sure some other vital updates are made on your computer:

** 1) .NET: http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=30653
** 2) C++: http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=39315
** 3) DirectX: http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

And do a "Windows update" check as there have been about 26 updates over the last Month.

Hope something there works for you.
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 15 September 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#13 Rose Scented Love Puff

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

View Post9erRed, on 15 September 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

Greetings all,

Insure that the "install directory" is still correct. The last few patch's have in some cases started to move the files to the standard "Program Files" area of your drive. And insure that you are not installing the "Live game" into the same folder as the "Public test version" as that will corrupt the main game .

The files should be going to the C drive within a games folder then to Piranha games folder, etc... (at least on mine)

Check by right clicking on the game icon and selecting "open file location", it should lead to the stated locations, and end up in the Bin32 folder. Also set the "exe" (MechWarriorOnline.exe) again to "Run as Administrator" as with each new version of the "exe" you may need to.

Also there were some updates of certain required files, see the links below.

See here for additional instructions on installing MWO:
http://mwomercs.com/...tallation-guide

And the MWO repair tool here:
http://patcher.mwome...ORepairTool.exe

And from the Dev. Niko Snow see here:
http://mwomercs.com/...-this-may-help/
(edit, link not working as thread has been moved.)

Make sure that all your software is up to date. In addition of verifying your drivers and framework 4.0, click the following links to make sure some other vital updates are made on your computer:

** 1) .NET: http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=30653
** 2) C++: http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=39315
** 3) DirectX: http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

And do a "Windows update" check as there have been about 26 updates over the last Month.

Hope something there works for you.
9erRed

Hello and thank you 9erRed

I checked and found that my MWO had ended up in the "Program Files" so I uplifted and moved it to my games folder within C: My documents and then replaced the shortcut. The path now reads
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32

Now forgive me if I'm being a dumbarse here but I didn't see anything within the MWO folders about a "Live game" or a "Public Test Version". Am I missing something from my MWO install, or am I missing brain cells ? lol yes I can poke fun at myself ;)

If I click the BootstrapSentinel exe, the patcher will open up but clicking "Play" results in the "Please Wait" hang still

All drivers and updates are current including C++, DirectX and .Net

Following this, I ran the MWO repair tool again, just incase there were any missing or mismatched files. It didn't pick up on any errors but I ran the fix anyway. Unfortunately, it's still hanging on "Please Wait"

#14 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

guys, AVG and AVAST are not the companies they used to be.
I would really recommend using other free stuff like microsoft security essentials.
I used to use avg years ago and then avast for about 5 year then swapped to essentials.
Yes I know microsoft should = bad anti virus.
but it doesn't, quick and does the job with less resources.

Obsidan : Public Test Servers is another installation where the .exe will be "MWO Public Test".
Look at the test server section on the forums.

Edited by Cybermech, 16 September 2013 - 05:59 AM.

#15 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

1. I would advise emailing support, attaching the information listed at the bottom of that page.
Crash at Login? This may help!

For us, copy/paste the last log in the following folder (wherever the folder now resides), as it may have some details in it.
3) * Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online and last log in
** C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\LogBackups

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 16 September 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#16 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Windows Update pushed a new Radeon driver to me, and then the game wouldn't load.

Once I rolled back the video driver, it worked fine. (100% repeatable: install driver, break game, uninstall and it works).

Hope this helps.

#17 Rose Scented Love Puff

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 16 September 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

1. I would advise emailing support, attaching the information listed at the bottom of that page.
Crash at Login? This may help!

For us, copy/paste the last log in the following folder (wherever the folder now resides), as it may have some details in it.
3) * Path: C:\Program Files(x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online and last log in
** C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\LogBackups

Thanks Tarl Cabot

I took on your advice and have emailed a detailed report of the problem along with the relevent logs etc to MWO Support.

Hopefully they can glean from that what the problem is and provide a fix so that myself, and others sharing the same problem can jump back into the cockpit shortly. If it turns out that I need to fix something on my end, I'll share it on this thread for others with possibly the same issue.

I refuse to give up on this game lol

#18 GainMediumVsThermodynamics

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • Locationa cell

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Glad to know its not just me. I got AMD 770 NB, AMD 710 SB, FX 4100, AVAST on win7. I don't want to mess around with my anti-virus so I'll just wait it out.

#19 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

Looks like they finally moved to .net[/color] 4.0 xp users will need to make sure that its installed and up to date

Transition to .NET 4.0 XP users can download and install .NET 4.0 here
The Repair Tool can be used to resolve most issues with installation or patching.

Edited by Shamous13, 18 September 2013 - 05:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users