MechWarrior Lore, A Beginner's Guide - History, Factions and Tech

51 replies to this topic

#41 Roastage

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationQueensland

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

Cheers for the overview. It will be interesting to see how and where the lore will impact the game and whether it is just used to create a setting or if actions will have implications :P

#42 Zyphire

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

Many thanks for putting this together!

#43 Marak Varn

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Thanks for the great write up. It's always nice to see things laid out for quick and easy access.

The only thing I'd possibly add would be a brief note that the decade or so leading up to 3049 saw a huge increase in recovered Lostech and new mech designs. A true renaissance in mech tech.

If the clans had attacked 5 years earlier, things might have gone very differently. Or tukayyid would have just happened anyway, who knows?

#44 Tandris

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

This is a great write up that needs to be stickied

#45 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Very nice, Nice work Mahws. Your doing the community a great service B)

#46 00seven

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Great overview for us newer pilots to chew on!

Edited by 00seven, 01 July 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#47 Blaz3fury

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationCaustic Valley

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Bumping ,as this would be very helpful for the newcomers!

#48 DLS

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

Granted I dont have the time at this exact moment to read the entire write up but I did read about the houses. Perhaps it is buried further in but could you give a little info on the St. Ives compact? I saw it on the map but not listed with the houses. While I am far from versed in BT lore I have played off/on since TT days in the late 80s and have read many of the paperbacks. And I for one find this to be HUGELY informative.

Thank you very much

#49 Vactus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 876 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

The St. Ives Compact isn't one of the Great Houses; however for you I present:

http://www.sarna.net...St_Ives_Compact

How it got started in 3029: (from sarna.net)

The Compact began life as the St. Ives Mercantile League. That nation merged with four others to form the Capellan Confederation. Owing to its status as one of the five original founding nations,St. Ives became the St. Ives Commonality, one of five such districts within the Confederation.

The Compact was formed in 3029, as a direct result of the Fourth Succession War. Duchess Candace Liao, firstborn of Chancellor Maximilian Liao and his heir, fell in love with Justin Xiang Allard, aFederated Suns spy who had infiltrated the Capellan Confederation's spy agency. Rather than stay in the Capellan Confederation with a double-agent who helped conquer a third of it, she fled her home nation and took the St. Ives Commonality with her.

Given the destruction the Capellan military suffered at the hand of the Federated Suns, they were unable to do anything about the St. Ives secession. To further protect her fledgling nation, Prime Minister Candace allied with the Federated Suns, who provided military protection.

Edited by Vactus, 18 September 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#50 Sinluien

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

simply amazing. exactly what i was looking for. sorting thru the wiki just helped confuse myself. Gristle, thanks for the link. For the love of jebus, someone sticky this damn thing.

#51 Mike Theumer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Nice intro to the lore. Sadly has no practical application ingame.

#52 Blowfeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 322 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Thanks, OP...

My friends were quite surprised, when I told them, there is actually a ton of lore behind this game :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users