Kuritan Mechs

72 replies to this topic

#1 Pliskkenn D

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

So, I'm not really up on the lore too well.

I played the Hero Clix version of Mechwarrior (Not all of us could be brought in to the Battletech Masterrace but I found my way there eventually) and end up with Draconis Combine/House Kurita as my faction.

The thing is, this was set ahead of the timeline this game is in as far as I remember.

So I'm not really up on what Mechs the house would use, if we're looking at things from an RP perspective.

I've got the 3 Dragon Chassis (Mastered 2, Probably going to keep my 5N and 1C but can't seem to get anything too solid with my 1N) and I own a Centurion, but I'm looking for more Kuritan flavour.

Any suggestions on mechs and builds?

#2 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

Kintaro's, (builds still subject to play and release), Catapult K-2's, Jenner and Atlas -K variants. I'll have to dig out the lists of mechs/variants used by specific houses later. As for builds, i generally find that each person builds a mech up slightly differently based on what works for them.

#3 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

Kuritan mech flavour?

They representatively* use: Spider, Jenner, Kintaro, Dragon, Atlas and all the K variants (Trebuchet K, Catapult K, Quickdraw K)

As you may have noticed with Catapult/ Treb K, they stick PPCs to everything they can. And they hate mediums, because those are mechs for dirty peasants not "honorable warriors" like them. They also own one of the two Victor factories that exist currently, but the mech is "tainted" by being a Davion posterboy, so they don't want to play around in it.

*Most mechs are used by everyone, so I'm just pointing out those that stand out in DCMS (Kuritan millitary).

#4 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

they tend to replace lrm with ppc to be able to operate behind enemy lines for extended times and beeing ammoindependant.

#5 Tharkan Stuermer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostAdridos, on 11 August 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Kuritan mech flavour?

They representatively* use: Spider, Jenner, Kintaro, Dragon, Atlas and all the K variants (Trebuchet K, Catapult K, Quickdraw K)

The Spider is a very rare Mech, no House has more than a few Spiders. Kintaros are produced by House Davion, though Kurita got a few from ComStar. The Catapult is a very rare Mech, too. The Quickdraw should be more common in the 4G, 4H, and 5A variants (which doesn't exist in MWO), since the K is a new variant. House Kurita produces the Atlas, but in very low numbers (5 Atlas per year, I believe), so they most likely don't have very much.

#6 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostTharkan Stuermer, on 11 August 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

The Spider is a very rare Mech, no House has more than a few Spiders. Kintaros are produced by House Davion, though Kurita got a few from ComStar. The Catapult is a very rare Mech, too. The Quickdraw should be more common in the 4G, 4H, and 5A variants (which doesn't exist in MWO), since the K is a new variant. House Kurita produces the Atlas, but in very low numbers (5 Atlas per year, I believe), so they most likely don't have very much.

actually in the current timeline they have more atlases than steiner does due to high initial numbers.

also, they have a vast majority of all chargers in existence.

#7 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

I know these aren't the most common mechs around, but that's what that asterisk was reminding of.

And neither Spiders, nor Catapults are rare in 3050, imo.

#8 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Don't forget, Independence Weapons is also producing Victors and Jagermechs on Quentin, much to Hanse Davion's chagrin.

#9 Baddicus Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

House Kurita produces the Atlas, but in very low numbers (5 Atlas per year, I believe), so they most likely don't have very much.

That 5 per year number was before Defiance Industries helped bolster production of that mech specifically at the Independance location. The DC also has Yori Mech works which produces the Atlas. At the time of the Clan invasion, House Kurita controlled two out of the three facilities producing a version of the Atlas.

That being said, JENNER all the way!!! ;)

#10 Pliskkenn D

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

Ok cool. I'd been looking into some of those mechs for a little while.

Been using my 1N as a hit and fade Sniper with Gauss and ERPPC. It's probably not the greatest use of the mech but it works for me for now.

Spider and Jenner are looking as favourable options, been thinking about a light. I love the Dragons mobility, would be nice to have more of that with a small hit box hehe

#11 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:49 AM

There are also some other mechs which are typically thought of as DC designs, though we don't have them in MWO yet.

Panther: 35 ton mech with 4 jumpjets, a 64 KPH top speed, decent armor for its weight and a PPC and SRM /4 for armament (once more we see the DCMS love for PPCs). Probably not a mech we'll see soon due to its slow speed which makes it vulnerable as a light in the MWO environment. One of the prime DCMS signature mechs.

Then there are the designs which we might see in the future as they did not see the light of day until sometime between 3050 and 3055:

Venom: Basically a 5 ton heavier Spider upgrade with new tech. XL engine, Ferro Fibrous Armor, 4 Medium Pulse Lasers. One variant also uses Endo Steel internal structure and replaces a pulse laser with a slave unit for the DC exclusive (at the time) C3 system. Although the producer, Nikamachi Fusion Products, was based in the FWL they exported primarily to the Draconis Combine.

Hitman: 30 tons. Top speed 118,8 kph (151,2 kph with MASC), 3 medium lasers, LRM 5, TAG, ECM, Beagle Active Probe.

Komodo: 45 tons, Top speed 86,4 kph, 5 jump jets, 10 medium lasers (5 in each arm), TAG, 2 x AMS, ECM. Designed to fight Elemental battlearmor.

And several more, including the 2 Gauss rifle sporting Gunslinger, developed actually _together_ with the Federated Suns, something which would have been unthinkable before the clan invasion. Other new additions were the Naginata, Daikyu, Daimyo and so on.

So, between 3050 and 3055 the number of different mechs in the DCMS increases dramatically.

#12 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Kuritans sure love the PPCs on their mechs, pretty much prefer direct in-line fire support than indirect fire.

Speaking of Dragon, why not introduce the Grand Dragon into the game too? It looks sweeter. :D

#13 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

Indeed, a Kuritan MechWarrior's relationship to the PPC is akin to the Fedrats and their Autocannons. :D

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 13 August 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Panther: 35 ton mech with 4 jumpjets, a 64 KPH top speed, decent armor for its weight and a PPC and SRM /4 for armament (once more we see the DCMS love for PPCs). Probably not a mech we'll see soon due to its slow speed which makes it vulnerable as a light in the MWO environment. One of the prime DCMS signature mechs.
Hai, piloted by both Minobu Tetsuhara as well as Katana Tormark (the same one, even! yay for heirloom 'mechs)

#14 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostDraken X, on 13 August 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Kuritans sure love the PPCs on their mechs, pretty much prefer direct in-line fire support than indirect fire.

Speaking of Dragon, why not introduce the Grand Dragon into the game too? It looks sweeter. :P

Why not introduce the Grand Dragon indeed? That's a question us Dragon pilots have asked ourselves since Closed Beta. Still, if you get yourself a Flame you can make a Grand Dragon out of that one, which is exactly what I did with mine. Turned it into the 3050 model DRG-5K Grand Dragon. :) Works quite well, particularly when placed in a lance with other Dragons as they can then properly take advantage of their speed and work like a heavy harassing wolfpack.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 13 August 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#15 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Beside PPCs, hit-and-run tactics are quite favorable among the Kuritan MechWarriors too. They got Jenners, Kintaros, Dragons and Victors are in their arsenals explain this.

#16 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

Also the Hatamoto-Chi and variants, all designed for speed in an Assault.

#17 ShadeyTex

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

What about the Centurions? Specifically the Yen-Lo-Yang, the mech I have. Even though it's a hero mech I'm thinking it belongs to the clan Kurita, but I'm not sure. For some reason though, I feel like getting mechs that are related to the Kurita clan.

#18 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yen-Lo Wang is a FedSuns Mech, modified for Justin Allard on Solaris- the paint job was specifically designed by him. Centurions in general are FedSun.

#19 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hatamoto-Chi....and all variants. Finally a usefull charger :(

#20 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postdwwolf, on 17 August 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Hatamoto-Chi....and all variants. Finally a usefull charger :(

My favorite Mech of all time. Looks great, good loadouts, all around fun Mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users