Kuritan Mechs

72 replies to this topic

#21 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

View Postdwwolf, on 17 August 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Hatamoto-Chi....and all variants. Finally a usefull charger :(

my 64 damage charging attack would like to have a word with you.

also, so would this charger. I even have it mini-ed. which i may or may not post later, i have to find it.

Charger "dal10's Special" CGR-DTS

Mass: 80 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Clan Invasion
Tech Rating/Era Availability: E/X-X-E
Production Year: 3052
Cost: 22,543,440 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,672

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 400 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 54.0 km/h (64.8 km/h)
Maximum Speed: 86.4 km/h (97.2 km/h)
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
2 Large Pulse Lasers
1 Medium Laser
1 Hatchet
1 Guardian ECM Suite
1 Communications Equipment (1.0 tons) (5.0 tons)
Manufacturer: Unknown
Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel 122 points 4.00
Internal Locations: 5 LT, 2 RT, 3 LA, 1 RA, 1 LL, 2 RL
Engine: XL Fusion Engine 400 26.50
Walking MP: 5 (6)
Running MP: 8 (9)
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sink 10(20) 0.00
Gyro: Standard 4.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H R: SH+UA+LA+H
TSM Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT, 1 LA, 1 RA
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 240 15.00

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 25 39
Center Torso (rear) 10
L/R Torso 17 25
L/R Torso (rear) 9
L/R Arm 13 25
L/R Leg 17 32

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medium Laser HD 3 1 1.00
Guardian ECM Suite CT 0 2 1.50
Communications Equipment (1.0 tons) (5.0 tons) RT 0 5 5.00
Hatchet RA - 6 6.00
2 Large Pulse Lasers LA 20 4 14.00
Free Critical Slots: 3

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 8 Points: 17
5 3 3 0 0 4 0 Structure: 4
Special Abilities: TSM, MEL, ECM, ENE, SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

#22 Glitchbit

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTsukude, Vega, Altair, Draconis Combine

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostAdridos, on 11 August 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Kuritan mech flavour?

They representatively* use: Spider, Jenner, Kintaro, Dragon, Atlas and all the K variants (Trebuchet K, Catapult K, Quickdraw K)

As you may have noticed with Catapult/ Treb K, they stick PPCs to everything they can. And they hate mediums, because those are mechs for dirty peasants not "honorable warriors" like them. They also own one of the two Victor factories that exist currently, but the mech is "tainted" by being a Davion posterboy, so they don't want to play around in it.

*Most mechs are used by everyone, so I'm just pointing out those that stand out in DCMS (Kuritan millitary).

View PostAdridos, on 11 August 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Kuritan mech flavour?

They representatively* use: Spider, Jenner, Kintaro, Dragon, Atlas and all the K variants (Trebuchet K, Catapult K, Quickdraw K)

As you may have noticed with Catapult/ Treb K, they stick PPCs to everything they can. And they hate mediums, because those are mechs for dirty peasants not "honorable warriors" like them. They also own one of the two Victor factories that exist currently, but the mech is "tainted" by being a Davion posterboy, so they don't want to play around in it.

*Most mechs are used by everyone, so I'm just pointing out those that stand out in DCMS (Kuritan millitary).

I feel that this is pretty accurate based on what I've noticed and read. But definitely no one is confined to those. I feel I've always been drawn to the Draconis Combine since MW2 and coincidentally, now I speak all of the official Kuritan languages. 私たちはクリタの龍です。

#23 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

you forgot the highlander, the kuritans have the vast majority of those still active in the inner sphere

Edited by dal10, 17 August 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#24 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Come on dal10, even you can't support the standard Charger 1A1. Assault Mech with 5 small lasers is a joke, even if it was able to move quickly and bash others with it's fists.

#25 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

that is what you think. i'd play it in mwo and i would freaking hunt ravens with it. just watch me.

#26 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Which I would love to see :(

#27 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

hell i would play a stock urbanmech if they would let me. r60L urbanmech FTW.

#28 Assiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 539 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

View Postdwwolf, on 17 August 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

a usefull charger :(

CGR-1A5
CGR-1A9
CGR-3K
all would like to have a word with you.

#29 Pliskkenn D

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

God I wish I had someone to teach me TT

#30 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

Heh. I'm currently running a BT/MW tabletop campaign for my long-time gaming group. They've been playing a small 3025 merc unit down on their luck, starting out with only light and a couple of the more recon oriented mediums (and none of them in actual working order). They eventually managed to get their rides fixed up (a Stinger, a Jenner, a Firestarter, a Spider, a Clint and the pride of the unit at the time, a PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk), got themselves a mission and started making some money. Even captured a Rifleman at one point.

Then they hear about their opposition having a fully operational assault mech in storage, and they want it. They want it so very badly! They plot. They plan. They come up with a way to get into the compound where the prize is located so they can steal it. Manage to get their hands on the necessary tools (such as a neurohelmet codebreaker). They execute the plan. A few hiccups later, some damage taken which will take infirmary time to heal and seeing most of their profits so far having flown away through use of expensive equipment for the op, they're standing in the hangar bay for the mech they're after.

It's not quite the Battlemaster, Stalker or Atlas they were dreaming of.

It's a CGR-1A1 Charger.

By the looks they were giving me I thought they were gonna climb over the table and murder me right then and there. :P

#31 Sahoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

Isoroku Kurita piloted an HBK. It is enough to keep me in one.

#32 Assiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 539 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

Sticking to the subject at hand. This was created a while back and should give you a general idea about what mechs run around in what faction. Its fan made using the random army tables and other info from the different source books out there and mostly covers what you would see for the houses around the 4th succession war and the war of 3039. Seeing as MWO is set in 3050 you could add some of the updated variants to that list, but they would still be uncommon/rare and likely only available to units like the Genyosha, Ryuken, and Ghost regiments. This is due to the fact that many of the factories making these versions are just now coming online and House Marik doesn't quite become the innersphere arms dealer until mid-late 3051.

#33 Viral Matrix

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 18 August 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

Heh. I'm currently running a BT/MW tabletop campaign for my long-time gaming group.

By the looks they were giving me I thought they were gonna climb over the table and murder me right then and there. :)

Perfect.

If i could offer some story advice(like you need it), but here it is. Have them go on to the next mission, but have a dissasembled Assualt somewhere for them to find. This time give them no intel on it, just have them stumble across it. Then you can stretch out the process of them trying to reassemble it, with tons of missions.

Itll have them guessing what youre gonna do next forever. :)

I wanted to ask since theres TT guys in here, whats the flavor of the oher factions? Kurita is PPCs/energy and Ballistics. Do they like heavy ballistics or lots of the lighter kind?

And for the others like Davion, Stiener, etc?

Edited by Viral Matrix, 21 August 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#34 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostViral Matrix, on 21 August 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

I wanted to ask since theres TT guys in here, whats the flavor of the oher factions? Kurita is PPCs/energy and Ballistics. Do they like heavy ballistics or lots of the lighter kind?

And for the others like Davion, Stiener, etc?
Very generally speaking...
Davion = light to medium autocannons (AC/2, AC/5, AC/10)
Kurita = Energy (especially PPCs)
Liao = EWar and mines
Marik = Missiles + Lasers
Steiner = heavy ballistics (AC/20, Gauss Rifle)

#35 Viral Matrix

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

Thanks Sturm, very helpful. :)

#36 T Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

The reason we don't have a Grand Dragon yet is that the Dragon IS the Grand Dragon...same speed, same armor, same looks, different weapon layout. You can easily build your own Grand Dragon using the existing Dragon variants, though.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that's basically what my source Sarna says as well.

#37 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

Yeah, pretty much. The Flame hero dragon, for example, can easily be turned into a Grand Dragon. Still, it would be nice if they would release a proper Grand Dragon C-bill variant with the energy slot for the PPC (or ER PPC in the 3050 model) in the Right Arm where it's supposed to be and no ballistic hardpoint in the torso the way the Flame has.

#38 Arcainite

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNew Gotham City, Irurzun

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Of the mechs available, Draconis Combine units would use the following mechs. If you had a unit in mind, I could narrow it down further.
For Lights: Jenner, Spider, and Locust.
For Mediums: Firestarter, Blackjack, Wolverine, Griffin, Hunchback, Trebuchet, Shadow Hawk, Kintaro, and Cicada.
For Heavies: Quickdraw, JagerMech, Dragon, Catapult, Thunderbolt, and Orion.
For Assault: Atlas, Victor, Awesome, Battlemaster, and Stalker.

Edited by Arcainite, 23 October 2013 - 05:33 AM.

#39 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

I feel like as a Kurita fan that I dishonor my family by not having a Dragon. I wonder if I should get one and which one...

#40 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

As fate would have it, I had the exact same thought and am currently "learning the ropes", so to speak. The Dragon has one big weakness, quite literally - its center torso is so large it is very hard to miss even for Steiner rookies. On the other hand, this and its considerably smaller side torsos make it almost a no-brainer to install an XL-Engine, which not only yields more tonnage to field awesome weaponry but also allows a skilled pilot to make better use of the Dragon's biggest advantage - its speed.

Personally, my recommendation is the DRG-1N with an LB10 scatter-shot Autocannon in the right arm, an Extended Range Large Laser in the left torso, and two SRM4 missile packs in the center torso. I have also installed a single Flamer in the left arm, as I ended up with roughly a ton to spare and figured that a proper Dragon also needs to spit fire. I do not get to use it very often, but I like to think that it has at least served to irritate a few of my enemies.

My tactic is to first remain in cover and snipe away with the large laser at targets of opportunity - the shoulder location permits the large laser to be fired from a position very close to the cockpit, so that most of its profile may remain protected when peeking over a ridge. Once an opportunity presents itself, preferably when the enemy is in disarray, I charge, using the engine's power to close the distance and let loose with autocannon and missiles.

If these charges are timed right, they can be as enjoyable as they are challenging. For a 'Mech of the Heavy class, the Dragon seems very vulnerable, but all this means is that it takes a more cautious and experienced pilot.

I have named my Dragon "Ryoko".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users