#1 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Posted Image

We are the Dire Wolves Alpha Regiment of Wolf's Dragoons, the elite mercenary company of the Inner Sphere. Secure our contract and we'll secure your victory.

Name: Wolf's Dragoons' Dire Wolves Apha Regiment (or just "Dire Wolves" for short)

Callsign: DWAR

Founding: November 2011

Timezones: Various, but our player base is mostly U.S. and Canada

House/Faction: We are part of an alliance of independent but cooperative Wolf's Dragoons units (which also include BWC, Wolf Spiders, Zeta Battalion, Delta and Beta Regiments, etc.) whose loyalties lie with the Inner Sphere. Our intent is to affiliate ourselves with the Dragoons when/if that becomes an official option. Until then, we will coordinate our activities with the other units in the alliance. To avoid any potential naming issues should canon companies remain locked, in game we're simply the "Dire Wolves", or "DWAR".

Officers for contact: Omega5-9er, Radick, and Gallowglas.
(http://mwomercs.com/forums/user/2474-omega5-9er/)
(http://mwomercs.com/forums/user/16086-radick/)
(http://mwomercs.com/...757-gallowglas/)

Restrictions/Requirements: Usage of TeamSpeak 3 is required to facilitate unit communication and to coordinate drops.

Website: http://wolfsalpha.com Register, fill out an application, and feel free to post in the forums!

Unit Philosophy: The Dire Wolves represent a group of competitive-minded players who value competence, maturity, communication, skill, intelligence, and loyalty. Although we don't have strict attendance or skill level requirements for membership, we recognize that games are meant to be won. To that end, our goal is to constantly improve our gameplay, both as individuals and as a group so that when community warfare comes into play, our contract will be in high demand. Additionally, we want to be the guys that nobody wants to see on the opposing side: not because we're jerks, but because we're that good. All that said, we realize that a game is also meant to be fun, too. We know how to compete, but we also know how to have a good time.

History of the Dire Wolves: Comprised of the elite of Wolf's Dragoons, who are themselves the elite of all mercenaries and the Inner Sphere, Alpha Regiment has long served as the Dragoons' high profile unit, with the best equipment, the finest officers, vast support and fresh paint jobs. Originally nicknamed "First Team" and later "The Dire Wolves", Alpha Regiment is given the highest profile assignments that guarantee the most media coverage, the better to distract the public from the discreet operations of the other Dragoon units. With attached Infantry, Armor and Aerospace Fighter units, plus ample DropShip and JumpShip transport, Alpha Regiment clearly embodies the Combined Arms Doctrine championed by Colonel Jaime Wolf's Dragoons. Colonel Wolf himself commanded Alpha for over forty years before turning command over to Kelly Yukinov, who had served as his second-in-command for nearly twenty years. This did not lessen Alpha's quality, however, as it continued to maintain the highest standards and professionalism. It was in Alpha that the best battlemechs the Dragoons could field would be found. In the years before the Clan Invasion, it fielded significant numbers of exclusive Dragoon 'mechs, most notably fielding the highest number of 100-ton Marauder IIs of any line regiment, and years later fielding the most OmniMechs and Clan-tech equipped 'mechs. Alpha Regiment truly served as the vanguard of the Dragoons throughout its existence.

Something to Note: While we value personal skill, it will not get you into the company alone. If you have high gaming skills but a foul attitude or personality, you will not be accepted as a member. We can teach you how to be a team player if you're willing. We play as a company using superior teamwork to defeat our enemies. If you're not willing to learn to play as a functioning part of the team and want to do your own thing, you shouldn't waste your time signing up.

Edited by Omega59er, 01 August 2014 - 06:33 AM.

#2 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

The SwiftSlayers are now officially a part of DWAR and I just wanted to take a moment to say that it's been a great fit. DWAR is a friendly, fun, competitive group. We're doing a lot of Wednesday drops, but you can usually find quite a few of us on most nights. We've been having a lot of success in 12-man's too. If you're looking for a group that strives to succeed and excel, but isn't going to bark at you like R. Lee Ermy, we're your guys.

#3 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'll repost what I said in the other thread. This is how I feel about my fellow wolves.

View PostICEFANG13, on 09 August 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

I remember playing MWO a 'long time' ago in October. It felt like my weapons didn't deal any damage, I had not a lot of an idea what I was doing, even at that time, I knew one thing:

"Gee this is a team based game, gotta find a team".

I found Dire Wolves Alpha Reg (DWAR) in a game. They had won, and told us,
"www.wolfsalpha.com
Come play with us!"

Like I'm sure quite a few of the players, I actually have no idea about MechWarrior's history, like the lore and stuff. I actually joined because it had the word 'wolf' in it, and I think wolves are cool.

Man what a lucky guy I was. I remember our first games. It was so cool. I was so new back then, the sounds of the game still really stick. Whenever I hear the beeps of the game, I remember what it was like back then. We were doing some 8v8s against each other. I remember asking the best light mech pilot we had at the time when I killed him if I did good.

Well there's not a better way to get better than to have helpful guys by your side. Honestly, you're reading the post of one of the best light mech pilots in the game. If you are a light mech and want to learn it, I will help teach you if you are a wolf too, and if you are not, there are a good amount of other amazing pilots on the team.

Let me tell you what has stood out the most. You know how some groups are very competitive? How they are very formatted and very serious, and then there are groups that are just friends? Just a group of friends that play together from time to time.

Somehow DWAR does both. These guys are my friends, and they became friends, and they have a competitive edge that never cuts you. You don't see that very often.

So if you are a new guy who is reading this, and looking for a team. Let me just tell you, these guys are about the best team you could be looking for if you're looking for fun and some competitive spirit. Seriously awesome. Nothing to lose by just stopping in. Come drop with us and become a Dire Wolf! PM me or check out the webside ( www.wolfsalpha.com ) sign up and ride along side us.

#4 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

I look forward to welcoming new recruits into our ranks! Fight well, work together, and we shall win B)

#5 Dovvol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

Great group of guys here. And I love seeing our numbers climbing again. I've learned a lot about the game and gotten a heck of a lot better running with these guys. They'll offer some friendly advice when needed. Great teamwork in the new 12v12s too.

#6 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

Cool people, great atmosphere, competitive edge. Why not be a Dire Wolf?

#7 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Happy to say that we'll be joining our allies, Bravo Whiskey Charlie, in their 24 Hour marathon for cancer on Saturday 8/17/13. It's going to be a blast and for a good cause.

#8 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:23 PM

Where else can you find a group of guys that play, joke, and harass other people together? NOWHERE!!! HAHAHAHA. Join the DWAR today, cause it not only pays to be with the best, but who doesn't love a good organized brawl every time we get the chance?

#9 Radick

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:55 PM

DWAR is a great team to be apart of. It feels like a second family. We work well together and try to get to know each other a little. When its time to get serious we get down to business, though most of the time we are fairly laid back. Many of us are willing to give tips if you are willing to learn, and after a few weeks just about anyone that is willing can fit in. Even if you are completely new to the game/franchise we will still welcome you. A lot of us have been Battletech and Mechwarrior fans for years and we are willing to share our knowledge.

#10 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

BWC's TLC op is about to begin. We have members, myself included, in their comms ready to begin!

#11 Jake Sorren

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNorthwind

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Good times.
Good people.
Good drinks.
Good food.
Good thoughts.
Amazing fun.

BURN THE HERETICS!

#12 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Good showing from DWAR in BWC's Operation TLC! Was great to have you guys there!

Excellent unit DWAR is, would recommend to anyone and everyone on this forum.

#13 krolmir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

I like this thread "BUMP"

#14 x CRASH x

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

It was great running with you guys!

A great group of Mechwarriors!

#15 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

TLC was great and a lot of fun, congratulations to our allies for raising 10,000 dollars for cancer research. Omega and I were out there fighting right with them for the money the whole 24 hours.

#16 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

My home for the last year plus, a great group of guys to play with. between competitive drops or just plain silly mechs (join ANGRY WOLVES lance for a good time) it always a blast with the Wolves.

#17 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

We'll be dropping with our BWC friends this Thursday evening (8/22). While I will probably be MIA (other commitments), I'm glad to see the joint operations happening amongst the Dragoons and I hope to be able to make one of these soon!

Edited by Gallowglas, 21 August 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#18 krolmir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

Howdy just figured I would drop my own 2 Centurions here. DWAR is a good group of players, always professional, and great place to call "home".

#19 dr cyanide

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 105 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

*salute from the boys and girls from BWC* good seeing you guys!

#20 Waldex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

Just a heads up guys. We are all looking at moving our favorite assault and heavy builds down to mediums in response to the most recent Ask the devs. Post any builds here or on the DWAR forums for feedback.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users