• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostGwaihir, on 12 August 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Ghost delay, I like it.

Also, from our internal jabber server:
(5:46:41 PM) gwaihir|w: for posterity
(5:46:42 PM) gwaihir|w: called it
(5:46:45 PM) gwaihir|w: (1:34:32 PM) gwaihir|w: "Firing your PPCs disrupts the gauss rifle's charging capacitors"
(5:46:54 PM) gwaihir|w: 4 hours ago

If they just mean changing the cooldowns to be out of synch, and changing projectile speeds I will be both surprised, amazed, and very, very happy.

The way they worded their answer sounded like they needed time for some new code or something, though.

B-b-but they said new code is hard!!!

#22 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

oh no i hope PPCs wont get a delay time.

between a weapon with no min range, and one with a min range of 90m. you choose the one with no min range to be THE sniper weapon?

You can't really nerf PPCs in a PPC/Gauss combo without crippling PPCs when used by themselves.

After all these nerfs to PPCs, The logical solution would be to look at the other half of the combo.

Edited by Tennex, 12 August 2013 - 02:18 PM.

#23 Gwaihir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

That would be pretty awful, yea.

#24 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 12 August 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Answer from David: This is another thing that I would like to see make its way into the game. Unfortunately, there are some synchronization issues that would need to be sorted out first. This isn’t impossible, but it would be a significant undertaking. Hopefully we can find some time not too long after launch, but that’s going to depend on fitting in in and around all the work that has to be done on other aspects of the game.
[color=#959595] [/color]

Are these "Synchronization Issues" you refer to actually netcode issues, or is David alluding to problems where developers want to work on meaningful fixes and enjoyable new features and game modes, but they are instead made to work on things like "Ghost Heat" and "Ghost Damage" and "Ghost Delay" (instead of being "in sync" with what the players want)? I know it must seem daunting if not impossible, but please try hard during meetings to make sure priorities are set properly, and less "ghost tasking" is assigned.

#25 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

the ppc ghost is striking the guass.... this game had such high hopes. see most of the mechy community in star cizten. i really hope PGI gets smarts and listens to the community and doesn't do another jackass mechanic.

#26 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

This is depressing, it's pretty clear they are only interested in the "revolving door" plan when it comes to customers. As a founder I feel pretty used and lied to. I hope you enjoy the money you and IGP make, I hope it's worth being remembered as the guys who killed Mechwarrior.

#27 BlueVisionWarrior Online

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • Locationmaking clicking noises behind you

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostStalkerr, on 12 August 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Welp, I guess PGI doesn't care about #saveMWO and valid community concerns after all. Maybe it's time for #sayonaraMWO.

Please let it be true. Ohwait, your still here? Harumph...

#28 Reaganomicon

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostBlueVisionWarrior Online, on 12 August 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Never Stop Posting

#29 Jojobird

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

I really hope there is a better solution than fire desync possible. While I play a 2PPC + gauss build quite often (guilty), and I see that current heat system has already altered the balance of the game for the better (even though I perhaps disagree with the method, I like the result), I would hope this can be achieved with something less drastic.

I want the weapons to fire when I press the button, as accurately as possible. I agree if you make me learn a new way of compensating for different projectile speeds, make aiming harder, or really any other method I can at least try to compensate for with skill, but still end up with a worse result on average (I love the new jump sniping). But at the end of the day the weapon should fire when I want it to. If I miss, I screwed up, but that's fine, make it hard, it gives us something to strive for. Please do not make it an arbitrary delay we have no control over.

#30 jrgong

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

I would say that i am completely and utterly disapointed, but i haven't expected anything of substance or value from Circ De PGI in a long, long time.

#31 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

I can imagine bumping the Gauss Rifle to a 5 second recycle time up from it's current 4 seconds that it shares alongside the PPC/ER PPC. I happen to recall late in 2012, watching a MW4: Mercs stream from a fellow Kong member, noticing how the Guass Rifles took 6-8 seconds to recycle and thinking, "Why doesn't PGI do that?"

It's going to require a little more "aggressive balancing" but I can see the PPC/ER PPC projectile velocity being touched upon. Personally, you should make the Gauss Rifle fire at 2,000 m/s since it's going to be a premier sniper weapon that you spend significant tonnage and ammunition on. Then lowering the projective speed of the PPC/ER PPC to better fit their range profiles. The Gauss can hit out beyond their range but is currently a paltry 1,200 m/s.

Edited by LaserAngel, 12 August 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#32 keith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostJojobird, on 12 August 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

I really hope there is a better solution than fire desync possible. While I play a 2PPC + gauss build quite often (guilty), and I see that current heat system has already altered the balance of the game for the better (even though I perhaps disagree with the method, I like the result), I would hope this can be achieved with something less drastic.

I want the weapons to fire when I press the button, as accurately as possible. I agree if you make me learn a new way of compensating for different projectile speeds, make aiming harder, or really any other method I can at least try to compensate for with skill, but still end up with a worse result on average (I love the new jump sniping). But at the end of the day the weapon should fire when I want it to. If I miss, I screwed up, but that's fine, make it hard, it gives us something to strive for. Please do not make it an arbitrary delay we have no control over.

the meta is always changing. 2 ppc 1 guass. is the only constant direct dps mech that u can still use. yes the silly ghost heat did something. is there about 5 other variables for them to change, YES. have they even touched wep dam, sadly no. y is PGI so attached to TT values. that is what i would like to know.

#33 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

None of these answers make me feel any better about the future of the game.

The questions you decided not to acknowledge make me feel worse.

#34 HRR Mary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

Read this on July 18th, on Twitter :
[color=#999999][/color]
[color=#333333]

45]

Posted ImageRuss Bullock ‏[color=#BBBBBB]@[/color]russ_bullock19 Juil
[color=#66B5D2]@[/color]Livewyr7 [color=#66B5D2]@[/color]Paul_Inouye that's some constructive feedback, I like the though of at least slightly de syncing them with ppc's

Guess we know now where they are picking their ideas.
[/color]

Edited by HRR Mary, 12 August 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#35 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

So... the AtD is summed in 3 simple terms:
Maybe later (after launch).
Random delay in group fire (for PPC/Gauss, and maybe even lasers too, just because PGI).
I forgot about that.

Well, that was worth that delay, wasn't it?

#36 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

So, the "answer" is to put in a mechanic designed to deal with one very specific configuration of weapons. Can someone explain what the question was again? I've taken a whopping 5 minutes of my time to see where that road leads: Welcome back Guassapultaphract! We missed you!

#37 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

View PostBlueVisionWarrior Online, on 12 August 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

What I love about BlueVisionWarrior Online and his counter-culture posting is that his name is still a direct reference to the seemingly-mandatory old "blue vision" thermals system you were forced to run to stay competitive -- often zoomed, while sniping, using the already-tired PPC/Gauss combination. The change was implemented 2 April 2013, roughly four months after the balance began to shift heavily to #2ppc1gauss, and is one of the few changes that actually hampered the high-alpha long-range sniper metagame.

With the renewed return of jumpsniping/poptarting, it is effectively the only change that has remained.

#38 Gwaihir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

I've used nothing but dual PPC + gauss cataphracts, and then triple PPC highlanders since, oh, January of this year. That's how long they've reigned supreme. Why? Because the counters have been systematically stripped away or otherwise neutered, while the fundamental facets of the weapons in question have remained untouched.

There's absolutely nothing at all wrong with pinpoint long range damage. Nothing. Nada. Zippo. *IF* shorter range weapons do comparatively MORE DPS so that once they can get in range they can make up the difference. (Also mechs, even lights, should have enough health not to get one shotted.) Right now, you have the triple threat of short range weapons being decidedly lackluster, mechs not having enough health, AND the sniper weapons doing excellent DPS on their own, without taking in to account the advantages of pinpoint burst.

How many times do we have to re-hash this before it sinks in? How much longer will anyone wait around to care if it's even fixed?

Edited by Gwaihir, 12 August 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#39 saq

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

I don't understand how the thought process where the more user ability (ghost delay) and understandable logical mechanics (ghost heat) you remove from the game the more enjoyable it becomes. I wish I felt like I was being hyperbolic when I say that nobody in the decision making tree at PGI even plays, much less understands this game anymore.

#40 GreatBeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

Dear Paul,
[Image Removed]

Sincerely,
Everyone who posted in the last two pages

Edited by Niko Snow, 12 August 2013 - 02:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users