31 replies to this topic

#21 Bendak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:16 AM

View PostZarla, on 30 August 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

I'm seeing a lot of player names that is very heavly religious in alot of my matchs I'm going too I can report them yes but there should be naming restrictions like in the naming bar prohibits names of politics and religion. For examples of my point 666demon666, Hell666, Satan666, Armageddon etc why should these types of names be allowed to be made? Reporting isn't enough there should be naming restrictions where you have to use appropriate names.

I've just founded a religion similar to Christianity. The main difference is that *****'s (S A T A N) name is Zarla. You now offended my beliefs so you now have to change your name. How does it feel? Fair?

Anything unsavoury to children("ButtSex") or inciting hatred ("JewKiller") obviously should be reported and action taken. Religion is man made and so has no place in profanity filter and government. Sorry if that is offensive but prove me wrong and I'd take it back.

Edited by Bendak, 31 August 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#22 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Sorry folks I apologize I deeply regret making this thread. Though I'am a Christain fully I love my lord but I apologize for tossing my stones which was wrong in the first place and also forgeting my own wrongs so i'm sorry for this thread so now I wish to move on. Though I do wish there would be some policing on the name but now I longer care so much about it I will just ignore all the bad names I see sorry for this thread wreck. Happy hunting see you on the battlefield.

-Quote- "Those that live in glass houses should never throw stones."

#23 Mindwyrm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts
  • LocationIndiana USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

WoW. Props for the apology. I find the apology more appropriate than what started this thread. I'm just surprised to find a christian who's willing to apologize for anything.

#24 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm seeing a lot of player names that is very heavly religious in alot of my matchs I'm going too I can report them yes but there should be naming restrictions like in the naming bar prohibits names of politics and religion. For examples of my point 666demon666, Hell666, Satan666, Armageddon etc why should these types of names be allowed to be made? Reporting isn't enough there should be naming restrictions where you have to use appropriate names.

You're kidding, right?

#25 Barrett

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

Does using a player name such as "Teenagegirl14" constitue abuse? I mean come on...that's just so...right/wrong - depending on your viewpoint.

#26 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

For examples of my point 666demon666, Hell666, Satan666, Armageddon etc why should these types of names be allowed to be made?

Because they're the same as someone naming themself LordVoldemort93 or DarthVader99?

#27 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

PGI isn't going to do anything unless the name is patently offensive—openly, plainly, or clearly visible as offensive to the general public. Just become some may be offended by a religious name doesn't mean that it is patently offensive.

#28 Bendak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostZarla, on 31 August 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Sorry folks I apologize I deeply regret making this thread. Though I'am a Christain fully I love my lord but I apologize for tossing my stones which was wrong in the first place and also forgeting my own wrongs so i'm sorry for this thread so now I wish to move on. Though I do wish there would be some policing on the name but now I longer care so much about it I will just ignore all the bad names I see sorry for this thread wreck. Happy hunting see you on the battlefield.

-Quote- "Those that live in glass houses should never throw stones."

Best way to be buddy. Stick and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

#29 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

I tend to look at the comedy of the names rather then the offense.

Erumaron has to be the most incognito insult name I've seen in a while. But ALL in good fun.

#30 CancR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

It's only a matter of time I get reported because people dont know the difference between astrology and medical diseases.

#31 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

while i agree offensive names are bad (i have kids now, what can i say?) automation for preventing them generally sucks.

i almost always use the name focuspark, but frequently games tell me it's not allowed because i guess focus begins with an 'f'.

#32 PopeOfNope

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

View PostFarix, on 31 August 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

PGI isn't going to do anything unless the name is patently offensive—openly, plainly, or clearly visible as offensive to the general public. Just become some may be offended by a religious name doesn't mean that it is patently offensive.

I call ******** on that... I just lost my name I have used for years... "CanOWhupAss"... Some whiny beyotch is mad because I got a good name they couldn't think of, and PGI has sided with them.
Is there a database of Pilot Names? I want to see every possible name that could offend me and have those changed as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users