Report Inappropriate Pilot Names

31 replies to this topic

#1 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

Can we have a feature to report inappropriate pilot names?

#2 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

support@mwomercs.com

#3 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostFarix, on 14 August 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

This is a support link for techical issues not a report people for there actions such as naming things inappropriatly.

#4 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostZarla, on 14 August 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

This is a support link for techical issues not a report people for there actions such as naming things inappropriatly.

Its for everything. Report abusive/offensive behavior there as well.

#5 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

Report it to Jebbus. Boo-urns, boo-urns! Protection from being offended by words is not a human or constitutional right, just ask your self "what would Five For Fighting do?

Edited by Ryokens leap, 14 August 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#6 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

The pilot naming should not allow someone to make inappropriate names it should only allow you to make appropriate ones that has actual names and not a bunch of garbage like Psafhdjfh333 or Fig2ifig34ngkt4 and so on for example. It wouldn't hurt to fix it so horrible names can't be made. And also anything religious like Antichristbeast666,666Demon or anything with triple 6's should not be able to be made as well. Same goes for Sexual names. There should be tougher naming rules and restrictions.

Edited by Zarla, 19 August 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#7 Rippthrough

• Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

What, so someone believing in fairies in the sky can change my name now?

How about keep your daydreaming religious tripe to yourself instead of inflicting it on everyone else?
Otherwise, given the tens of thousands of religions over the years, we're gonna be limited to just having numbers.

Edited by Rippthrough, 19 August 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#8 Sahoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Screenshot it and send it into support - people with offensive names get it changed to Inappropriate1231234

#9 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

I'm seeing a lot of player names that is very heavly religious in alot of my matchs I'm going too I can report them yes but there should be naming restrictions like in the naming bar prohibits names of politics and religion. For examples of my point 666demon666, Hell666, Satan666, Armageddon etc why should these types of names be allowed to be made? Reporting isn't enough there should be naming restrictions where you have to use appropriate names.

#10 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

So you want names to reflect your personal preferences? Should everyone's subjective opinions about what is appropriate or not be reflected? Maybe the rest of us should just be given numbers, and for ease of identification those numbers can be tattooed on our forearms? I'm not a big fan of bigotry, what can be done about bigoted players?

I'd rather have the devs follow the simple rules they outlined long ago regarding names: No canon names, no obscenities (swear words and the like). As for the rest of the names you don't like, remember that other players have different beliefs than you. Then remember that your beliefs are not above the beliefs of others and as such should not be forced onto others. Nobody else should be forced to conform to your beliefs within the game unless you happen to own IGP or PGI. If you find yourself unable to tolerate references to anything that you do not explicitly approve of, well maybe the problem is you.

/soap box

#11 Sharp Spikes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSochi, Russia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

What about Clan Hell's Horses? Should they be renamed to Fuzzy Bunnies?

And what if someone here is a satanist, and thus wants to name himself "666demon666"? Last time I checked it is not forbidden to be one.

#12 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

So if I look up Zarla on Google and one of the first pictures I find appears to be two males in an intimate embrace can I report the name Zarla for being offensive? It is after all the name of the artist that made the art work that's offended me.

#13 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostZarla, on 19 August 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

The pilot naming should not allow someone to make inappropriate names it should only allow you to make appropriate ones that has actual names and not a bunch of garbage like Psafhdjfh333 or Fig2ifig34ngkt4 and so on for example. It wouldn't hurt to fix it so horrible names can't be made. And also anything religious like Antichristbeast666,666Demon or anything with triple 6's should not be able to be made as well. Same goes for Sexual names. There should be tougher naming rules and restrictions.

How did I know you would be from Ohio?

Get off your horse. Nobody but you cares and everyone else doesn't have to change to fit you.

By and large the names in this game are as tame as they get.

Don't like my name?

If I had to change it I guarantee I could pick one that fits the rules and is WAY WAY worse.
Also - I find your dislike of magical numbers and God's chosen to be religiously offensive. Please stop trashing our dark lord.

Edited by Captain Stiffy, 30 August 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#14 Doomstryke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostZarla, on 19 August 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

You can't complain about religous names because if you do your already doing the devils work by playing video games. Hell 90% of TV is the devil so seriously stop.

Sarcasim asside I agree with devine, take out swear words and {Scrap} that is actually BS and leave the rest alone.

View PostDivine Retribution, on 30 August 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

I'd rather have the devs follow the simple rules they outlined long ago regarding names: No canon names, no obscenities (swear words and the like). As for the rest of the names you don't like, remember that other players have different beliefs than you. Then remember that your beliefs are not above the beliefs of others and as such should not be forced onto others. Nobody else should be forced to conform to your beliefs within the game unless you happen to own IGP or PGI. If you find yourself unable to tolerate references to anything that you do not explicitly approve of, well maybe the problem is you.

/soap box

^this

#15 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

You know of course we're being trolled.

#16 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostZarla, on 30 August 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

I'm seeing a lot of player names that is very heavly religious in alot of my matchs I'm going too I can report them yes but there should be naming restrictions like in the naming bar prohibits names of politics and religion. For examples of my point 666demon666, Hell666, Satan666, Armageddon etc why should these types of names be allowed to be made? Reporting isn't enough there should be naming restrictions where you have to use appropriate names.

your name offends me, im reporting you.

#17 TB Azrael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostRippthrough, on 19 August 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

What, so someone believing in fairies in the sky can change my name now?

How about keep your daydreaming religious tripe to yourself instead of inflicting it on everyone else?
Otherwise, given the tens of thousands of religions over the years, we're gonna be limited to just having numbers.

Actually I would settle for people just trying to be considerate that there might be kids playing or that they just use what very little common sense they have (at least from watching them play it isn't much).
Hell at least try and act like a somewhat mature adult even it you will never actually be one.

View PostHellcat420, on 30 August 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

your name offends me, im reporting you.

good for the goose, good for the gander I guess.

#18 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 30 August 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

You know of course we're being trolled.

Are you willing to bet your name on it? I'm not. If the OP isn't trolling I imagine my name made.... "The List" bum bum buuuumm ...of names with semi-religious overtones (given that Armageddon is an example).

#19 Aahz HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 122 posts
  • LocationCleveland TN

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

The OP can report any name they choose
It is up to MWO to decide if the report is just or not

I am seeing more than a few sexually suggestive names myself
One that I would prefer children to not see
While I would never report them, I do wish that the game itself would police some of the names closer

#20 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostDivine Retribution, on 30 August 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Are you willing to bet your name on it? I'm not. If the OP isn't trolling I imagine my name made.... "The List" bum bum buuuumm ...of names with semi-religious overtones (given that Armageddon is an example).

And I didn't? :P I am Der Hexenhammer! The Hammer of the Witch. A book about how to identify witches and chop them up into little bits. Yes it is a real book and I would have gone with Malleus Maleficarum as a user name but that's way to egotistical. Besides I can't even spell it without Google's help.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 30 August 2013 - 05:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users