1 reply to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

This is a general compilation of Frequently Asked Questions regarding our North American Launch Event, taking place in San Francisco on September 26, 2013.

This FAQ was last updated on September 14, 2013.

To apply, please see our application form. Please read all of the details completely before applying.

General Questions

Q: Will this event be streamed?
A: Yes! We will be video streaming the entire event live, including the tournament, on our Twitch channel.

Q: Can I crash the party/show up without an invite?
A: We will be sending invitations to selected lucky applicants who apply via our application form, and additionally to our press partners and event sponsors. Should additional space become available after the initial ticketing process is completed, we will immediately update the community on details around a public ‘line up’ opportunity. More information on how this could work IF it’s required after our ticketing process, will be provided closer to the event. Please do not make travel plans to San Francisco without a ticket.

Q: If I am selected, what am I getting and what do I have to pay for?
A: Invitations will be sent out to attendees shortly after applications close. There is no cost to attend the event, but you will need to provide your own travel and lodging and any other expenses. You will receive a virtual ticket to our event on September 26, with food and beverages provided throughout the afternoon and evening.

Q: I'm under 21, may I attend?
A: Sorry, local alcohol laws prohibit entry for people under 21 years of age. Photo ID will be strictly required at the door to gain entry, so DON’T forget to bring it with you. No exceptions allowed.

Q: Can I still attend the event as a viewer, even if I don't participate in the challenge itself?
A: Yes! While the event features a single-elimination tournament, participation in the tournament is completely optional. Please apply through the regular application process.

Q: When will the ticket winners be announced?
A: Tickets will be issued via email shortly after applications close. We understand that attendees may need to organize their travel and lodging, so we'll do our best to send invitees a confirmation as soon as possible.
UPDATE: Invitations have been sent out, please check your inbox, junk and spam folders!

Q: I don't know if I'll be able to make it, should I still apply?
A: No! We're counting on attendees to be present at the event if selected. We will be pre-creating tournament teams and selecting Team Captains. Your Team Captain will be counting on you to attend! Apply to be a Team Captain via the application process.

Q: Can I bring a friend?
A: In the interests of being fair to all selected attendees, only invited attendees will be allowed into the event. Again, we will not be able to guarantee entry to people who did not receive a confirmed attendance ticket.

Q: Are PGI/IGP folks wearing similar/same shirts given away at the NVIDIA event
A: T-shirts will be given to attendees. They are unique to this special Launch Event.

Q: What is your policy on cameras?
A: Attendees are welcome to take photos and videos whilst attending the event. It’s a celebration!

Q: Do I bring my own computer?
A: Computers, Keyboards, Mice and Headsets will be provided for you at the event... you do not need to bring any equipment with you. (If you do bring any personal belongings, please note that you are responsible for keeping track of everything.)

Q: How long is the event?
A: The event will take place all afternoon and evening, but will last no later than 22:00 PDT. Specific details on arrival times for invitees will be detailed in the invitation itself. Livestream times will also be made public closer to the event date.

Q: Is it BYOB?
A: No. There will be an open bar at the event serving alcohol from 6pm PDT to 10pm PDT. There will also be non-alcoholic drinks served via open bar, throughout the event, starting from the earlier afternoon start time for invitees.
More information regarding food and drinks will be provided to attendees before the event.

Q: Do I sign an NDA for this?
A: No, you are more than welcome to share your experiences of the event on any social platform.

Q: Will my image be posted somewhere?
A: You image may be used in our official live stream, follow-up event videos, facebook photos and other promotional materials across any distribution and social networking platforms the hosts see fit to use. Please see the application form for the full details of your commitment. Additionally, a specific waiver form will be required to be signed by all attendees to gain entry to the venue.

Q: How can I better my chances of attending?
A: Please fill out your application form in totality. Ensure that your personal bio is complete!

Q: Will there be prizes?
A: Yes! There will be prizes and special guests. There will also be opportunity to meet the developers and other BattleTech stars.

Location & Venue Questions

Q: Where is the event?

A: The event venue is Mezzanine in San Francisco, California.

Q: Why is this limited to Canada, US & Mexico?
A: Given the venue size, we have specific attendee number limits to adhere to. We know how many loyal players there are from other countries, and we intend to host additional Launch event(s) around the world as we launch in other territories.

Q: Am I allowed to attend if I live outside of the USA, Canada and Mexico?
A: For this particular North American Launch Event, we have limited applications to be from residents of Canada, USA or Mexico. We intend to host Launch Events outside of North America.

Contacting Us & Other Scenarios

Q: If I applied but can no longer attend, who should I contact?
A: Please contact Support.

Q: There was an error on my application form. How do I correct it?
A: Please submit a ticket to Support and detail your requested application form changes.

Q: If I'm late for the event, can I still attend?
A: Yes, we're still finalising the schedule for the event but please make all efforts to be on time. If you intend to compete in the single-elimination tournament, please do NOT be late! IGP / PGI reserve the right to replace missing team members who are late for the matchups. More information will be provided for those who are invited to attend.

Tournament Questions

Q: Is the tournament going to be stock-only, single elimination like the NVIDIA event? What are the tournament details?
A: The tournament will be single-elimination. Additional tournament details will be revealed in the near future. Players will be able to use granted C-Bills on special tournament accounts, to customize any Mech in the specific weight class listed as their preferred weight class on the application form.

Q: Can I bring my whole team?
A: No, but your whole team is welcome to apply to be selected for a ticket individually.

Q: How will teams be chosen?
A: We will be choosing tournament teams at our discretion. Teams compositions will be posted to our website in the coming weeks. We encourage teams and team captains to co-ordinate with each other, so practice sessions and tactics can be honed.

Q: If we have friends/other merc group members there, will we be allowed to be on the same team?
A: Maybe. We'll be making the teams as we see fit. If two players are attending and we notice that you're typically on the same team (please fill out your bio!), we will take this into consideration. Please do not expect to be on the same team as your friends. Out of fairness for all attendees and in the spirit of friendly and open competition, we certainly won't be able to allow entire units to join the competition as a team.

#2 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

We're happy to announce the following members of the MechWarrior Online community who will be playing in the North American Launch Event Tournament. Team Captains are encouraged to contact their group members to coordinate strategy through the in-game invitation system or forum private messages.

Team Virus

Team Buckaneer

Team Caution

1.HelmerH1.Eagle FureyL1.SkyDivaL
2.DocBachA2.MadCarlosA2.ErrodienA
3.FrederiktA3.soulfireA3.FinringA
4.KendrickeA4.ZalaciousA4.TI 5335A
5.FochsH5.Allele SerodieH5.BlueFly17H
6.zuumieH6.DesdichadoH6.Guinness530H
7.KealiosL7.RedFoxsiH7.Kell CommanderH
8.Ran ZaL8.brighteyesL8.ohtochooseanameL
9.Zombie SixNineL9.FaragornL9.SGT PuddlesL