Mech Bay

42 replies to this topic

Poll: Mech Bay (153 member(s) have cast votes)

we need to purchase mech bays also with 1 million c bills+1000gxp+ -50% c bills earned for next 10 games

1. bad idea (97 votes [63.40%])

Percentage of vote: 63.40%

2. good idea (56 votes [36.60%])

Percentage of vote: 36.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

I have a better idea!

Let's make Mech Bays only cost $1.67!

That means if you just bypass the Large Popcorn at the Movie Theatre, you'll be able to buy 4 more mech bays every time you get home!

Edited by Syllogy, 13 September 2013 - 07:37 AM.

#22 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

I had to vote "Bad idea". I figure if some newbie puts enough time into the game to fill his 4 free Mech bays, he probably enjoys the game. $15 for another 10 Bays seems extremely reasonable, and your set for a good long while.

#23 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

Place a limit on the amount of mechbays CBills can buy and i'm all for it.
Maybe 3-4 at 1 mil each.

#24 Zerberoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 275 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 17 August 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

*snip*

COMMUNITY, DO YOU THINK WE NEED THIS FEATURE?

I dont think its a bad idear, but i think its not necessary. We can maybe talk about 1 or 2 more Mechbays from the start tho.

#25 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

I think the idea of buying MechBays w/ c-bills its a good idea, but the cost would have to scale up, so at some point or another it would better to just get it w/ MC.

Maybe start off w/ the 1st bay @ 2mill, 2nd - 4mill, 3rd 6mill and so on.. just keep addin 2mill on it...

at some point your gonna say.. "im not payin 10-12mill cbills for a mechbay that's gonna hold a 2mill lightmech :ph34r: "

#26 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Mechbays should start at 4. As you play and earn starter achievements, you should unlock an additional 4. In addition, you should have the option to purchase up to 4 mechbays for 5,000,000 c-bills each. After that, MC only if you want any more.

What does this do? It incentivizes people to play more to get free stuff, and it incentivizes them to keep playing until they get a large enough collection that they start to get hooked on buying new mechs. It encourages Premium Time purchases with the high cost of the c-bill mechbays, and the MC mechbays look much cheaper in comparison.

Plus, PGI should run occasional mechbay sales, like they do Hero sales and whatnot.

#27 Nathaniel Hazen

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB, Canada

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

I honestly think that with this being F2P, spending MC to get more mech bays is completely reasonable. As previously stated, you can get 4 more mech bays with the cheapest MC purchase. With the starting 4 mech bays, you can master 2 chassis of mechs without ever having to spend a dollar, and keeping at least one variant of each chassis. If you're playing enough that you need more mechs, just spend the $7 and show the game some financial support.

#28 SleekHusky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

View PostKane0, on 01 December 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Place a limit on the amount of mechbays CBills can buy and i'm all for it.
Maybe 3-4 at 1 mil each.

I like this idea except with scaling prices up each time. War Thunder which I recently started lets you buy 2 hangar slots for in game earned currency then the rest are obtained with the premium currency.

#29 FlipOver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 19 August 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

This is clearly a case of not thinking things through. If PGI does what you suggest then ultimately they will close their doors because they aren't making any money. Would you work for free? No, you wouldn't, but this is what your idea would force PGI to do.

Not taking sides but have you noticed since BETA and even now we are all working for free for PGI?
And some of us are paying to work for PGI.
Anyway, this is a silly idea/suggestion.

#30 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

They already give them away often enough
Most free players in my team have 5-7 bays

#31 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:24 AM

They have just run 2 challenges in 2 weeks for a free mech bay.

#32 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

As much as I'd like to see more options for people to get mech bays. These are a relatively inexpensive thing to acquire as it is. I'd rather see them lower the costs on camo patterns and paint colors than do anything there.

#33 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

I think they are fine now other then Hero mechs should come with a free one...

#34 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

now we need to spend 300 mc for a mech bay, but some people just are not going to buy mc because paying 30 dollars for a single mech, that is just a part, minimal part, of a game that has only 2 modes is just for nerds.

isuggest to make mech bays also cost 1 million c bills + a malus in c bill of -50% for the following 10 or more games, maybe also a 1000 gxp cost in addition to the c bil cost.
this way more people would have more mechs and be interested in the game, while you might have back your money because people would be forced to purchse premium time and use hero mechs to balance the malus of buying a mech bay in c bills plus converting mech xp into gxp.

it is a common rule thet if you sell a good to a lower price you will have more people buying it and you will make more money.

Bad grammar and spelling = no vote. :P

#35 Padre902

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

At the moment PGI's strategy of regularly awarding Mechbays as prizes for weekend events seems like a winner, hopefully they'll keep it up! I don't think they would want to also sell them for in-game currency if they are the carrot being used to encourage people to log back in for a prize.

#36 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostPadre902, on 20 August 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

At the moment PGI's strategy of regularly awarding Mechbays as prizes for weekend events seems like a winner, hopefully they'll keep it up! I don't think they would want to also sell them for in-game currency if they are the carrot being used to encourage people to log back in for a prize.

True that! If they keep rewarding 1-2 Mechbays per month, there is no need for CBill versions of them.

To get most out of these tournaments, i would suggest they send out emails about upcoming events, otherwise the absent players won't recognize and hence won't come back. They did that for the CN9-A(C), TDR-9S and mechbay event in between. I can't remember receiving an email about the Steiner or Marik challenge.

Edited by Myke Pantera, 20 August 2014 - 06:30 AM.

#37 Erebus Alpha

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:34 PM

Warning: This post may contain dubious amounts of sarcasm.

ZOMG mech bays purchasable for C-bills would be so terrible! PGI/IGP would go broke! Everybody knows that mech bay sales make up precisely 100% of MC purchases!!!

No one ever buys MC consumables, ever.
No one ever buys C-bill mechs, ever.
No one ever buys premium time, ever.
No one ever buys founders or champion mechs, ever.
No one has ever bought a founders, phoenix, invasion, wave2, or resistance package, ever.
No one ever buys pretty paint colors, ever.
No one ever buys neat camo patterns, ever.
No one ever decorates their cockpit with vanity items, ever.

Making mech bays purchasable for MC would completely destroy the revenue stream and kill the game!!! NO ONE WOULD EVER BUY MC AGAIN!!!

*sarcasm disengaged*

C-bills need to be convertable to MC at 1/4 the MC to C-bill conversion rate, so mech bays can be purchased with straight C-bills. Involving GXP or nerfing subsequent C-bill earnings at all is laughably unnecessary.

6.5 million C-bills for 1000 MC would work nicely.

PGI/IGP will never make a penny on a patient gamer. They make money off of people that are IMPATIENT. That is their sole revenue stream, and will forever be their sole revenue stream. Selling MC for C-bills adds another C-bill sink, without costing PGI/IGP any statistically significant loss in revenue.

#38 xXDivoXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 228 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:44 AM

I will just Suicide 10 matches...and neglect the minus)

#39 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

now we need to spend 300 mc for a mech bay, but some people just are not going to buy mc because paying 30 dollars for a single mech, that is just a part, minimal part, of a game that has only 2 modes is just for nerds.

isuggest to make mech bays also cost 1 million c bills + a malus in c bill of -50% for the following 10 or more games, maybe also a 1000 gxp cost in addition to the c bil cost.
this way more people would have more mechs and be interested in the game, while you might have back your money because people would be forced to purchse premium time and use hero mechs to balance the malus of buying a mech bay in c bills plus converting mech xp into gxp.

it is a common rule thet if you sell a good to a lower price you will have more people buying it and you will make more money.

Now you have Events each week with some mechbay or MCs each month, CW reward mechbay and MCs too.
And i remember you told me you have more than hundred mechbays also why ask this now you lose your job this month maybe?...
You have a bigger one than me i have only 50 :(
8===============D

In fact mechbays are lone pursable product which aren't overpriced IMHO, camos, paint colors, mechs and other package are so overpriced compared to 300MC for a usefull mechbay.

#40 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

well you could buy the cheapest masterybundle- sell unused mechs and well at least you get something more for your money :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users