Mech Bay

42 replies to this topic

Poll: Mech Bay (153 member(s) have cast votes)

we need to purchase mech bays also with 1 million c bills+1000gxp+ -50% c bills earned for next 10 games

1. bad idea (97 votes [63.40%])

Percentage of vote: 63.40%

2. good idea (56 votes [36.60%])

Percentage of vote: 36.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:00 AM

now we need to spend 300 mc for a mech bay, but some people just are not going to buy mc because paying 30 dollars for a single mech, that is just a part, minimal part, of a game that has only 2 modes is just for nerds.

isuggest to make mech bays also cost 1 million c bills + a malus in c bill of -50% for the following 10 or more games, maybe also a 1000 gxp cost in addition to the c bil cost.
this way more people would have more mechs and be interested in the game, while you might have back your money because people would be forced to purchse premium time and use hero mechs to balance the malus of buying a mech bay in c bills plus converting mech xp into gxp.

it is a common rule thet if you sell a good to a lower price you will have more people buying it and you will make more money.

COMMUNITY, DO YOU THINK WE NEED THIS FEATURE?

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 17 August 2013 - 02:17 AM.

#2 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:28 AM

Good idea for us, bad idea for PGI, how will they earn money then,? I play with 4 mech bay since I started to play, I got 5th cause of Sarah mech but to me 4 is enough :lol:

#3 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

hey friend;)it is written just up:

with the -50% c bills per math earned for 10 matches...........imagine buy 6 mech bays with c bills and gxp...........i get a malus of 50% of c bills for the next 60 matches........i will spend MC urchasing premium time, converting gxp or buying hero mechs with c bill bonus.........
the problem is also another....i can buy a Whole game for 20 EURO.......why should i pay 20 euro for one of the 100 mech variant of the game........if they mantain the prices so high in a riddicolous way, just a few nerds will buy mech credits.

#4 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 17 August 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

hey friend;)it is written just up:

with the -50% c bills per math earned for 10 matches...........imagine buy 6 mech bays with c bills and gxp...........i get a malus of 50% of c bills for the next 60 matches........i will spend MC urchasing premium time, converting gxp or buying hero mechs with c bill bonus.........
the problem is also another....i can buy a Whole game for 20 EURO.......why should i pay 20 euro for one of the 100 mech variant of the game........if they mantain the prices so high in a riddicolous way, just a few nerds will buy mech credits.

Like I said, good for us, it will be nice to get mech bay with that offer, im yes for that, but I dont think we'll ever get opportunity to get mech bay with that offer :lol:

#5 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

PGI should allow players to buy upto 4 additional mechbays for 1 million each.

+4 mech bays is hardly going to ruin PGI financially. And IMO it will do more to help the longevity of the game as free players will need to play more in order to earn 4 million cbills to unlock their +4 mech bays.

#6 Stardancer01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 353 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

I totally support PGI charging real money for more mech bay space
but
world of tanks gives you 1 free tank bay with tank every year.

#7 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

they mentioned that it MIGHT be possible to get mechbays via achievements... other than that i doubt they will ever put a non-MC possibility in.

just say "thx" to all the "Nerds" that they pay for the game you play, but you are not "nerdy" enough to spend 5 bucks for 3 bays for...

#8 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostAlex Warden, on 17 August 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

they mentioned that it MIGHT be possible to get mechbays via achievements... other than that i doubt they will ever put a non-MC possibility in.

just say "thx" to all the "Nerds" that they pay for the game you play, but you are not "nerdy" enough to spend 5 bucks for 3 bays for...

They dont pay for us, they pay for their fun and also supporting game in developement

#9 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

unless we win a tournment.................the bad thing is that the actual rules say that the best player is the kill stealer........dividing the damage done for 15 and giving 20 points each kill= your best game is the game in which you are so goooood to kill 4 enemyes alona and so ******* and lucky to do additional 4 kill steals.................is about luck

#10 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

alex

i am not going to spend a single euro for a game that has only 2 modes, NO CAMPAIGN, NO SINGLE PLAYER MODE..........**** and since it is a beta we are not sure that a thing that is good now will be good later

MEKTEK.net gave all mw4 merchs with a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAD of mods

(120 mechs and at least 8 times the weapons we have here..i mean, the weapons we have multiplied for 8)

for free.......they just asked to donate.....and we had excellent results.

20 euro for a single mech seems a bit..............for nerds

#11 ShotgunWillie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Your "supporting argument" doesn't support your thesis. Your thesis is "There should be a way to get new mech bays without having to spend real world money on MC." You support this by saying "I don't want to spend $30 on a mech." These two statements have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

A new mech bay is 300 MC. The least expensive MC package is $6.95 (I'm using USD figures because I live in the US, but feel free to do these conversions on your own). For that $6.95, you get 1250 MC. This breaks down to $0.005 (one half of one US cent) per MC. That adds up to $1.67 per mech bay for 4 mech bays ($6.68), and you still have 50 MC ($0.27) left over to use for either converting mech XP to GXP (best saved for a double XP conversion sale), or, you can hang onto it for other uses later (buy the $6.95 MC package 3 more times and instead of getting 12 mech bays you can get 13 if you hang onto the extra 50 MC every time, for example).

If you buy the most expensive MC package ($99.95 for 25,000 MC), your per MC cost drops to $0.004 (that's 4/10 of a penny), which doesn't seem like much, but it means that when you buy a mech bay at 300 MC, it only costs you $1.20, which is a $0.47 cent savings per mech bay.

Also, unless you want a hero or champion mech, which can only be purchased using MC, you never have to spend so much as a real world penny on the purchase of the mech itself. So long as you have an open mech bay, you can buy almost every mech in the game using CBills, which cost you nothing but time, instead of MC. So this "I don't want to spend $30 on a mech" argument is nonsense anyway. You don't have to spend any real money on a mech. If you don't want to spend real money on a mech bay, you may have to sell a mech that you have for CBills, but you don't have to spend real money on it. If you don't want to sell off any mechs, a new, empty mech bay will cost you somewhere between $1.20 and $1.67. You can then still buy the new mech with CBills, and it will have cost you, at most, $1.67.

TL:DR version: Mech bays are cheap. Spend MC on mech bays and buy mechs with CBills.

#12 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

I agree that this would be a way to get an additional Mech Bay for those of us who don't buy MC, but I also see the point put forward by 19cico96; one of the ways that we are encouraged to buy MC is to own more Mech Bays.

I really wish we could turn back the clocks and just buy a copy of MechWarrior online in the same way we did for MW3. Things were so much easier.

#13 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Community Warfare will bring in a lot of free things for everyone.

Example would be getting a high enough rank in your faction and you get a free mechbay because your XX rank. Also doing or completing certain objectives within a time-frame will be giving small amounts of free MC.

Those a few things that COULD show up in CW, but since PGI has been VERY tight lipped about said feature, its all up in the air till it shows up.

#14 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Mech bays are probably the only reasonably priced MC item in the game that's actually useful.

If they sell them for c-bills, there's not much reason for anyone to ever buy MCs.

#15 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

No

#16 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

View PostIL MECHWARRIOR, on 17 August 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

now we need to spend 300 mc for a mech bay, but some people just are not going to buy mc because paying 30 dollars for a single mech, that is just a part, minimal part, of a game that has only 2 modes is just for nerds.

isuggest to make mech bays also cost 1 million c bills + a malus in c bill of -50% for the following 10 or more games, maybe also a 1000 gxp cost in addition to the c bil cost.
this way more people would have more mechs and be interested in the game, while you might have back your money because people would be forced to purchse premium time and use hero mechs to balance the malus of buying a mech bay in c bills plus converting mech xp into gxp.

it is a common rule thet if you sell a good to a lower price you will have more people buying it and you will make more money.

COMMUNITY, DO YOU THINK WE NEED THIS FEATURE?

This is clearly a case of not thinking things through. If PGI does what you suggest then ultimately they will close their doors because they aren't making any money. Would you work for free? No, you wouldn't, but this is what your idea would force PGI to do.

#17 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostStardancer01, on 17 August 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

I totally support PGI charging real money for more mech bay space
but
world of tanks gives you 1 free tank bay with tank every year.

this is a good idea.

#18 AC

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

paying for mech bays is the one place I am on board with PGI. Some of the other things (like mechs and camo) seem extremely overpriced to me.... but mech bays should be MC only and at 300mc are completely ok in my book.

#19 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostKhobai, on 17 August 2013 - 04:20 AM, said:

PGI should allow players to buy upto 4 additional mechbays for 1 million each.

+4 mech bays is hardly going to ruin PGI financially. And IMO it will do more to help the longevity of the game as free players will need to play more in order to earn 4 million cbills to unlock their +4 mech bays.

I am against this until reading this post. +2 or +4 mech bays max seems like a good idea promoting the idea of having a larger mech hangar, as well allowing more weight classes for the upcoming updates which might include weight drop limitations.

Although the idea of having to take a trial mech in isnt so bad either. Tough call but i went with yes.

#20 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Not a good idea for them becouse everyone who plays this game will eventualy pay for mech bays, it's the only guaranted income for them. Maybe if they limit the non MC buyable mechbays to let's say 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users