Unsupported Video Card

14 replies to this topic

#1 SolarBump

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'm getting this error message:

"Unsupported video card detected! Continuing to run might lead to unexpected results or crashes. Please check the manual for further information on hardware requirements."

My video cards are as follows:

Powercolor 7870 MYST
crossfired with
Powercolor 7950

Also when hitting continue the game crashes telling me that it failed to initialize the GameStartup Interface.

#2 SolarBump

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

I should also add that I have played this game before with the same graphics cards and never ran into a single error message.

#3 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

New driver?

#4 The Gunman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationLow Orbit

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Serious question, have you tried re-booting your computer?

I've had the same problem happen with my rig twice, a simple reboot fixed it.

#5 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

I get this message maybe once or twice a month.

Just reboot the game client and you're good to go.

#6 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

Greetings all,

Just a few thoughts, have you insured that both cards are firmly seated in there slots, and not jiggled up any. (had one of my two cards used to just stop working before, turned out to be a dirty contact point, cleaned and reinserted firmly and never happened again.) Also check the SLI bridge connector is fully seated, might want to clean the contact bands and plug it back in. Finally unplug the monitor plugs on the cards and reconnect them insuring fully seated.(this should be done before you check for full card seating as it may move the card around in the slot while connecting.)

Check you device properties for both cards and make sure they are listed as what they really are and not just generic cards, insure correct drivers are loaded for them. Normally for SLI to work it has to be two of the same model cards, but ATI may handle that differently from Nvidia type cards.
Also check the two power plugs for each card to insure fully seated plugs, unplug and re-plug each.

Finally you may need to check your power supply to make sure your not getting a 12V power drop to either card, the Min Ps recommended for either of those cards is 500W but you have 2 so more 12V lines may be needed.[not just splitting a single 12V] (You didn't list what size your Ps was so this may all be moot if your running a 1000W or more.)

Drivers for both cards can be found here: (dated 2013/05/29)
http://www.powercolo...iver.asp?Page=1

Hope something here works for you.
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 19 August 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#7 Bors Mistral

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Solar, as far as MWO is concerned, do yourself a favour and take out the 7870.

Crossfire isn't supported by the game, and what you have is a pretty weird Crossfire configuration to begin with. If I remember how that worked to begin with, your 7950 is downgrading itself so it can run in tandem with the 7870. I suspec that not just in MWO, but also in a lot of other games a single overclocked 7950 will actually ruin better.

#8 Lusankya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

Can you even crossfire a myst edition 7870 with a 7950? The crossfire chart only shows the regular Pitcairn 7870 and that one can't crossfire with the 7950.

#9 The Gunman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationLow Orbit

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostLusankya, on 19 August 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Can you even crossfire a myst edition 7870 with a 7950? The crossfire chart only shows the regular Pitcairn 7870 and that one can't crossfire with the 7950.

This.

As far as I'm I know a 7870 and 7950 can't be cross-fired together. Please provide a screenshot of the driver page showing that crossfire is enable, otherwise it didn't happen.

#10 StainlessSR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSunShine State

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Actually according to this, the MYST has the same core as the 7950's and can crossfire with it. Probably because the card isn't listed in the table that tells the engine how best to work for that card as it is an odd ball GPU. Is your 7950 in the first slot or is the MYST? putting the 7950 in first slot may fix it.

#11 Lusankya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostStainlessSR, on 20 August 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Actually according to this, the MYST has the same core as the 7950's and can crossfire with it. Probably because the card isn't listed in the table that tells the engine how best to work for that card as it is an odd ball GPU. Is your 7950 in the first slot or is the MYST? putting the 7950 in first slot may fix it.

Yeah since that link shows you should be able to crossfire them make sure the 7950 is in the first PCIE slot. If that doesn't work go into the Catalyst Control Center and disable crossfire. The 7950 should do just fine on its own.

#12 SolarBump

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Hey guys thanks for the help and I know the MYST crossfires perfectly with the 7950, which is in the first slot, when you overclock them to the same clock. The game works great now so I think it might have been one of the patches, but thanks for your help and support. B)

See you on the battlefield!

Edited by SolarBump, 24 August 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#13 Lusankya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

That's good to hear Solar ;).

#14 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

As a rule, never crossfire mismatched cards. If you have an MSI HD7870 V2 you put in the same thing for matched performance. It's just easier that way. Also, crossfire is not supported with MWO yet.

#15 DaangeroussDann

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:41 AM

My MSI GT 740 just started getting the error message, won't run the game for long, if it does let me in. Once im in, its 40-60 fps on low settings and runs great. Until it crashes that is. Ill try reseating, just did clean driver re-install. I think maybe I need an older driver. Trouble began when I installed new card and drivers. Well,, the worst of the trouble, can't really play much at all now.

Been playing for years on this machine:
Core 2 duo 2.83 GHZ
XP Home service pack 2
4 ram
Nvidea GT 610 (bad FPS on frozen city and river city) but playable on everything else (20-30 fps on low)

Had to install service pack 3
Net framework 4
in order to install the new driver for the MSI GT 740 vid card driver

That is when the real trouble started.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users