#1081 Panboy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationDublin Ireland

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostMavqie, on 22 August 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

3rd person is in big deal your not forced to use it, and i can not recall seing it given an advantage to anyone who uses it either, and hey if it does big deal its more of a challenge i dont like easy games, everyone needs to get over themselves and play the bloody game if they enjoy it as i do, if not then jog on until such a time you think you will

You don't actually have eyes do you.

See no evil, hear no evil.

#1082 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

View PostToxicValor, on 21 August 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

My god.. you guys.. people like you. Do nothing but kill communities and games alike. The most toxic, worthless type of cockroaches. I can nearly stand reading worthless people make worthless comments about anything related to the game. People like this make cruising forums the worst experience ever. - I enjoy the game. Playing it is a blast. The changes are fun to deal with. I wonder what your little lives a like. Always negative, pushing down anything that comes your way. Making experiences or situations as bad as possible. Tedious and insignificant existence to act like such. Mommy can't buy stuff for you? Through a first world problem tantrum. I very much enjoy what Russ has to say. Can you recall when a company's president comments to the community with such issues? Nope, thought not. At least he is bringing himself to the front to explain situations you carelessly throw aside due to your miserable existence and lack of anything respectful in character. A lot of people get so worn out reading such pointless, utterly disrespectful comments. -I enjoy the game. I very much appreciate PGI's accountability which in turns grows respect as much companies don't.. in fact most people don't.

Ah yes one of those holier than thou types that points their finger accusingly at everyone else for being negative, and at the same time acts just as bad or worse. If you can't stand to read the comments from people who feel strongly about something then shut up and go somewhere else. Russ said a lot of nothing, and should not be getting praise for it. As for another company where the president comments to the community? That is easy Riot games. Their president talks to the community fairly regularly on a number of topics. So please keep calling people names because you don't like what they say, but remember you are no better than petulant little child you claim everyone else to be. Grow up.

#1083 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 22 August 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

I'm going to give those that think by acting like children is the best way to achieve the results they want a crash course in etiquette. Thank ya Emily Post.

The Principles of Etiquette

Respect

Respecting other people means recognizing their value as human beings, regardless of their background, race, or creed. It's demonstrated in all your day-to-day relations - refraining from demeaning others for their ideas and opinions, refusing to laugh at racist or sexist jokes, putting prejudices aside, and staying open-minded. We show respect not just by what we refrain from doing but also by intentional acts, such as being on time, dressing appropriately, or giving our full attention to the person or people we're with.

Self-respect is just as important as respect for others. A person who respects herself isn't boastful or pushy but is secure in a way that inspries confidence in others. She values herself regardless of her physical attributes or individual talents, understanding that integrity and character are what really matter.

Consideration

The key to consideration is thoughtful behavior. Being thoughtful means thinking about what you can do for those around you and how your actions will affect them. Consideration leads us to help a friend or stranger in need, to bestow a token of appreciation, or to offer praise.

Honesty

Honesty ensures that we act sincerely and with integrity. It's the basis of tact: using empathy to find the positive truth and telling or acting on it, without causing embarrassment or pain.

http://mwomercs.com/...uette-over-3pv/

#1084 armchairyoda

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

Hey there bros! What's happening over here? Was the uninstaller fixed yet?

As somebody that played the game almost every day for seven months, never bought a Stalker, and had an Elo 10x that of anyone PGI "tested" with... I haven't logged in thrice in the last month.

3rd person view default is **********.
The "Ghost heat" implementation... I had something funny here, but it just makes me sad.
"Patching" AC2's to fire slower instead of fixing a bug (that still didn't "fix" the problem FYI) is straight up special needs school of stupid.
Volunteer mods (the worst mods) are ditching to play other games.
"MGS ARE OP!" Hahahahahahahahaha, no. You nerds.
Streaks are still worthless.
Sniper builds are still the best builds, mainly because every not-sniper weapon is as effective as throwing wet noodles.

How are you going to launch in 3 weeks again?

Whatever. I'm going to go play War Thunder... I just spent $80 there because I didn't see a downside to that investment.

#THANKSPAUL, #GOSITINACORNER

#1085 Scav3ng3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

I don't think there is enough cheese in the omniverse to go with the sheer amount of whine in this thread.

It's cool though, I still haven't ran out of popcorn yet, and tears do make the best salt.

#1086 Veebora

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

View Postarmchairyoda, on 23 August 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

Whatever. I'm going to go play War Thunder... I just spent $80 there because I didn't see a downside to that investment. #THANKSPAUL, #GOSITINACORNER

Dude, I play Warthunder too and really, or you are crazy or you just want to pick on PGI because Gaijin is the worst player community handler in the world. Those Russians do whatever they want when they want, they screw the player base every patch.

If you want to put your money there go ahead, but don't cheat on people about Warthunder, they will do whatever they want with you money, they did with mine.

In the regard respect with the player base, even tho you dont like PGI, they are far better than Gaijin.

Edited by Veebora, 23 August 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#1087 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Ok, I was a dozen or so pages into reading these lovely responses to the awesome new features...when I realized....the patchnotes are incomplete.

So let me forward this addendum.

* - We randomly decided to change the weapon assignment location of arms on mechs...please note this and change your weapon assignments in game because we borked your setup again!
* - Please note, that due to the overwheming love for 3rd person view...many players will choose to shoot your camera drone, miss, and unload an Alpha strike in your backside. This is a lovetap, please return in kind.

Gotta love the priorities around here.

#1088 John Glenn

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Locationhiding in the woods

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Wait, people are still playing this game?

#1089 LemonsDaBest

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 30 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

View Posth0wl, on 20 August 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

My game crashed with the first match with this patch.

fosho!

#1090 WWWWWWWWWWWWW

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

View PostVeebora, on 23 August 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Dude, I play Warthunder too and really, or you are crazy or you just want to pick on PGI because Gaijin is the worst player community handler in the world. Those Russians do whatever they want when they want, they screw the player base every patch.

If you want to put your money there go ahead, but don't cheat on people about Warthunder, they will do whatever they want with you money, they did with mine.

In the regard respect with the player base, even tho you dont like PGI, they are far better than Gaijin.

Warthunder has a tutorial in it. I think Gaijin wins the "least incompetent developer" fight against PGI.

#1091 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostWWWWWWWWWWWWW, on 24 August 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Warthunder has a tutorial in it. I think Gaijin wins the "least incompetent developer" fight against PGI.

The matchmaker also seems to work, player counts are displayed, number of matches in progress are put in front of you, and you get a clock showing estimated time to find a match versus elapsed time. You can cancel out at any moment and re-select your aircraft. It's everything we wish MWO had.

Imagine if MWO gave you a breakdown -- 7 light pilots are waiting to play, along with 11 medium, 14 heavy, and 47 assault. That would be cool.

#1092 CG Oglethorpe Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

I too have been having fun with War Thunder.

Playing that shows me so many features that I wish MWO had, and here we are two weeks from launch...a launch without CW, or even a lobby.

#1093 WWWWWWWWWWWWW

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

View PostChronojam, on 25 August 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

The matchmaker also seems to work, player counts are displayed, number of matches in progress are put in front of you, and you get a clock showing estimated time to find a match versus elapsed time. You can cancel out at any moment and re-select your aircraft. It's everything we wish MWO had.

Imagine if MWO gave you a breakdown -- 7 light pilots are waiting to play, along with 11 medium, 14 heavy, and 47 assault. That would be cool.

Nah man all this stuff is coming out on release. You just gotta wish hard enough. If you don't believe with your whole heart then the game will be DoA and it'll be all your (ie The Goonies) fault.

#1094 armchairyoda

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostVeebora, on 23 August 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Those Russians do whatever they want when they want, they screw the player base every patch.

I like PGI just fine, I hear most of the staff are wonderful philanthropists, dedicated to the proliferation of social justice throughout the world.

But even Batman makes a bad call every now and then, and (as far as I know) nobody at PGI is Batman. How did that ghost heat thing work out for the Kintaro hero again? (PSSSST! I hear it was one of those SRM boats!)

I'm sure that the boating penalty in regards to heat were spelled out in the new player tutorial.

I just hope the upcoming gauss changes have gotten the same fine QA from the good testers in Paul's RP community of spergs TOTALLY NOT A GROUP OF RP BRONYS THAT ONLY JUDGE MECHANICS ON WETHER OR NOT A FURSUIT CAN BE WORN WHEN LOOKING AT YOUR LEGS IN THE COCKPIT.

Also, the russians LOVE the player base. Just a bunch of chill dudes, making a game for another bunch of dudes... There's a lot of love there. So much love that they often proclaim it in chat. I don't pretend to speak any more russian than was said in "The Hunt for Red October", let alone read it... But there's just this feeling that you get of machismo bonding that goes deep into your heart-parts. I dunno, it feels so wrong, yet so right.

#1095 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostCG Oglethorpe Kerensky, on 25 August 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

I too have been having fun with War Thunder.

Playing that shows me so many features that I wish MWO had, and here we are two weeks from launch...a launch without CW, or even a lobby.
I was playing WarThunder the other day and a player crashed as we were looking for a match. It notified me, and cancelled the search for a match so we could let the player return once he signed back in. It's some sort of black magic, PGI needs to study the occult to perform the same dark rituals.

#1096 CG Oglethorpe Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostChronojam, on 26 August 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

I was playing WarThunder the other day and a player crashed as we were looking for a match. It notified me, and cancelled the search for a match so we could let the player return once he signed back in. It's some sort of black magic, PGI needs to study the occult to perform the same dark rituals.

That is an amazing feature, yet another fantastic thing that the War Thunder Devs have done. Sometimes you just have to sit back and just gaze in awe of what they have done.
This morning I was toying with the custom missions option, where you can bring your squad into pve situation.

#1097 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationThe left armpit of the United states

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostHenchman 24, on 23 August 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

* - Please note, that due to the overwheming love for 3rd person view...many players will choose to shoot your camera drone, miss, and unload an Alpha strike in your backside. This is a lovetap, please return in kind.

Gotta love the priorities around here.

ROFLMAO Yea that will help the noobs figure out how to pilot. Launch ... Take three steps.... alpha in back from atlas.... uninstall.

#1098 Blue Footed Booby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationHere?

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

View Postarmchairyoda, on 23 August 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

"Patching" AC2's to fire slower instead of fixing a bug (that still didn't "fix" the problem FYI) is straight up special needs school of stupid.

The fact that the "fix" doesn't even work if you have the skill tree filled out is my favorite part. It's just so blindly obvious I have no idea how it was missed. You shouldn't even have to launch the game to see the problem. Mistakes happen, but come onnnnnn.

View PostHenchman 24, on 23 August 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

I love this.

#1099 pantherzero

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

two weeks on and still no f1pv =[

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users