• Light Admin
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 760 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Please direct your feedback about Russ Bullock's post regarding 3rd Person View decisions here.

Spoiler

Please remember to stay constructive in your responses. This thread is upheld to the Code of Conduct as much as any other thread.

#2 Nikolai Lubkiewicz

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3850 posts
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

Moderation Code White
Please note that Abuse, Threats and Vulgarities of any form is not considered appropriate feedback and any post containing such material will be removed from public view.

We strive for a game and forum that is appropriate for players both young and veteran. We are also certain that most players would not condone violence or harassment whether it's at home, school or work. With that in mind, we appreciate your efforts to avoid making the Internet an exception to this convention. Thank you.

For reference, here is our Code of Conduct and Terms of Use

Update:
Out of this thread alone, over 53% of posts have come from 99 players.
As a result of the number of reports coming out of this thread, please note that we will be putting several accounts on temporary Moderation Preview as we perform a review the history of the top posting accounts with reports generated against them. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by Niko Snow, 23 August 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#3 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4156 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

lost a lot of phoenix preorders, eh?

#4 Miekael

• Legendary Founder
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNevada, USA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

How come I never believe a thing you say Russ?

Fool me once....

http://themittani.co...ure-communicate

http://loadeddicecas...ior-online.html

Edited by Miekael, 22 August 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#5 drinniol

• Elite Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 70 posts

It's funny, if it was there on day one there wouldn't have been any outcry at all, just business as usual for a Mechwarrior game. Thanks for the clarification PGI.

#6 Rhenis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

I've uninstalled. I wish you all the very best with your game.

Edited by Rhenis, 21 August 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#7 Zephyr Charge

Clone

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

Perhaps the community would not care if there was no segregation in Public matches if for instance Community Warfare provided the segregation.

so you ARE planning for it to be in CW. Thx for clearing that up

Since the patch went live we have played hundreds of matches, Ghost spectated hundreds more and have yet to see evidence of third person being used in any significant way. However were still willing to say that at the moment we don’t have enough data and were still working off our assumptions.

So; whats your data say about player dropoff?

Edited by Zephyr Charge, 21 August 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#8 Lonestar1771

• Elite Founder
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1948 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

This deserves two popcorns because the [storm] is coming lol

EDIT: one of them broke so I replaced it.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 22 August 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#9 Siriothrax

• Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts

This still fails to apologize for the biggest issue.

Yes, you forgot to announce the decision. However, you never created any sort of room for community feedback. You're still saying that by the time you want feedback, you've already pushed the change to go live.

Why is it so hard to save time and resources and discuss things before you've spent programmer effort?

Edited by Siriothrax, 21 August 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#10 Ranik Selesky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

My god. You posted an apology and still admited ******* nothing about how 3rd person is actually bad for the game....

You somehow made me gain and lose hope in the span of a ******* paragraph....

If anything, I'm even more distrustful now. Due to the absolute willful ignorance as to HOW 3rd person is abused. It is the pinnacle of ignorance i've ever seen displayed by a developer...

It takes effort to be this difficult, Bravo.

#11 Buyao

• Members
  • Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

To be honest, I don't know If I can trust you and PGI anymore. I was quiet during the introduction of coolant

because I believed inyou guys. I didn't say a thing during ppcwarrior, lrm being op and then nerfed to oblivion,

srm nerf, hit detection, collision, cw info being pushed way the hell back, real skill trees to replace the current

placeholder, and many more. Took a 2 month break for personal reasons, then came back and find basically

the same game except with more mechs and maps.

Joined the #savemwo movement, but I was still sure that you guys would come around. Then this happened,

and I am just unable to put in any degree of trust anymore.

Edited by Buyao, 21 August 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#12 Tabrias07

• Elite Founder
  • 466 posts

it’s not impossible that we will provide the segregation. But this is where I need to be real careful to not make the same mistakes again with some kind of promise. Perhaps the community would not care if there was no segregation in Public matches if for instance Community Warfare provided the segregation. Final answers or decisions just can’t and shouldn’t be provided yet.

All I see is "That was our position at the time. Our position has changed. You might get a 1PV only queue."

P.S. Is this still the CW that may or may not require premium time, btw?

Edited by Tabrias07, 21 August 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#13 Apostal Sinclair

• Elite Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1113 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

Lots lost...

But all that post did was cite that your INTERNAL processing for community feedback, transparency and communication is still not in any sort of place after months of this inability of PGI to put forward discussion of it's last minute design changes!

The main reason you ain't seeing 3PV being abused? The players who will abuse it ain't playing it because they didn't want 3PV at present, you promised a function with this feature, reneged on it after the fact. All the Broken communication doesn't fix anything, it means that your company policies and internal QA/Management isn't EVEN up to a corporate level. This communication has most likely pushed me towards a refund attempt... because simply you still DO NOT change the processes that keep forcing these errors!

#14 Malphes

• Veteran Founder
  • 10 posts

I am not here to vindicate you for your decisions, or badmouth you for your opinions. I am not concerned that your terrible design decisions have killed this game. I am here to let you know that you are stomping on so many people right now. You are hurting so many people deeply in ways you cannot comprehend. Please reconsider what you are doing.

#15 Wired

• Legendary Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 822 posts

View PostDestined, on 21 August 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

Since the patch went live we have played hundreds of matches, Ghost spectated hundreds more and have yet to see evidence of third person being used in any significant way. However were still willing to say that at the moment we don’t have enough data and were still working off our assumptions

How many times do I have to say this to the community before they do more than spam the forums. GET OUT THERE AND START EXPLOITING 3PV. Make youtube videos, post it everywhere. If you dont like 3pv, show that it is in fact bad for the game. Stop talking about it, Do it.

#16 Tegiminis

• Legendary Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

How do you feel about players playing at widescreen resolutions gaining a significant horizontal view advantage with 3pv?

#17 Lucian Nostra

• Legendary Founder
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

Truthfully I dunno man, these communication break downs happen a lot with PGI, you go back on your prior game designs and statements far to often.

Than you (Devs, individuals) come out and mock us on twitter with "I heard the blinky drone gives you away"

You really need to step up your game and when the community gets angry with you over your waffling and going back on what you refer to as "core design pillars" you need to understand that mocking your customers doesn't make the situation better.

I kinda wanna like your post and say thanks for coming out with an apology but...

#18 valkyrie

• Elite Founder
  • 507 posts

The only Project Phoenix I'm going to support is going to be the revival done by a different company from this game's ashes.

#19 Dustmuffins

• Elite Founder
  • 366 posts
  • LocationOhio

Wow.

"We're sorry we didn't tell you we were lying sooner"

Cool, thanks.

Edited by Dustmuffins, 21 August 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#20 Diss

• Elite Founder
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 39 posts

Dont want it, and its been forced down our throats despite vocal and reasoned opposition since day 1.

I no longer trust PGI to not cater to the console crowd and make it more usable down the road.

My wallet is closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users