• 13 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

Name: Dragon
Group: 1st Royal Guards
Background:

Last held permanent rank : KomGen Dragon, 1st Royal Guards, reserve officer

1996 Col Dragon RCO 51st ELH - merc group recruited by House Steiner :
1996 Col Dragon RCO HSIEN HOTHEADS - Wyatt Theater - House Steiner under HptGen Metron and LtGen Borris
1996 Lt Gen Dragon TCO Wyatt Theater - House Steiner under HptGen Borris :
1996-1998 HptGen Dragon FCO Skye Front - House Steiner under Archon KneeCapper :
1998-2001 - worked as Logistics Lead for KESAMI on Aliens Online
2001 Returned to House Steiner per request by KESAMI
2001-2006 Archon Dragon - House Steiner
2006-Pres Gen Dragon, 1st Royal guard, reserve officer - Serving under Archon WildHog

Edited by dr@gon, 18 November 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#22 Lina Thoren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Pilot Name: Lina Thoren, Grafina von Dundalk, callsign Banshee
Group: 4th Skye Rangers (Leutnant, as of 3028 in current campaign); Alexandria Skye March Militia ((Reserve) Hauptmann, as of 3048)
Background: Played tabletop off-and-on during middle and high school, got invited into a friend's online CBT RPG campaign around 2001 or so, played in several campaigns since. Also played MW3 & some of 4 (though not online), and recently started playing MegaMek again.
Other Interests: Roleplaying, reading, writing, running, drinking (not necessarily in that order XD)

#23 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

I know this may be ... biut ... Dragon?

~S~
Daniel.

#24 dragon2

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

View PostSteadfast, on 18 November 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

I know this may be ... biut ... Dragon?

~S~
Daniel.

~S~

Hi Daniel,

Yep, I'm here. Waiting and watching to see if MWO will get off the ground. We Mech jockeys have been waiting a long time for something like this to come about.

#25 Aaron Steiner

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

Real name Jesse
Aaron Steiner. 28 year old, 14th in line for the Throne, Born on Donegal
Rank: Battalion Sgt Major, Lyran Military (ret), Hauptman (Commander of own unit)
Merc unit: The Wild Hunt
background: Bon on Donegal to a local Noble and his 3rd wife (first 2 were barren) the middle child of the family, having an older brother and younger sister. He went to military school as a child and later moved on to going to the Nagelring, graduating with full honors and staying on as a guest instructor for another 4 years. His military career was a series of victories where defeat seemed inevitable, but he always managed to ****** victory from the jaws of defeat through efficient use of resources, excellent negotiation skills and unrelenting intellect and guile. His last Campaign saw him awarded not one but two medals for valor. Tired of all the political manoeuvring and corruption in the military and government, decided to strike out on his own. Using resources he gathered in his own trading and prospecting (the lostech kind) as well as generous donations from his father, he put together his unit. They have since successfully completed 8 contracts and have top rating with the mercenary review board. He does not care for Politics but is most certainly in it for Fortune and Fame.

This is a character I played in a TT game and will be importing into MWO if at all possible.

#26 Stunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 236 posts
  • LocationNM

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

View Postdr@gon, on 18 November 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

Name: Dragon
Group: 1st Royal Guards
Background:

Last held permanent rank : KomGen Dragon, 1st Royal Guards, reserve officer

1996 Col Dragon RCO 51st ELH - merc group recruited by House Steiner :
1996 Col Dragon RCO HSIEN HOTHEADS - Wyatt Theater - House Steiner under HptGen Metron and LtGen Borris
1996 Lt Gen Dragon TCO Wyatt Theater - House Steiner under HptGen Borris :
1996-1998 HptGen Dragon FCO Skye Front - House Steiner under Archon KneeCapper :
1998-2001 - worked as Logistics Lead for KESAMI on Aliens Online
2001 Returned to House Steiner per request by KESAMI
2001-2006 Archon Dragon - House Steiner
2006-Pres Gen Dragon, 1st Royal guard, reserve officer - Serving under Archon WildHog

I served in HSIEN HOTHEADS under Dragon as just a lance commander until moving into the 6th Lyran guard which I worked up the ranks starting from company captain up to eventually Regimental XO. Retired from Steiner as Lt. Col

I'm currently unassigned to a unit. It was good to see some folks from the old days I saw somene mention Pacer and I do remember him as well.

I've played MW1-4, mechcommander 1&2, MPBT:Solaris on both AOL and Gamestorm in which I actually got to work as a helper on both eventually.

I've got some 30-40 minis and enjoy playing the TT as well. Looking foward to playing with some of our old friends and new ones as this game should bring a lot of new blood into mechwarrior.

Other interests: Currently in World of Warcraft and Heroes of Newerth.

#27 Zen

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

Name: Zen
Group: Merc unit <FPG>, 5RCT, 1st Royal Guards
Background: MPBT Solaris, MPBT 3025, Mechwarrior and Mech Commander, ISW.
Other Interests:

#28 TC DragonMaw

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGulf Shores, Al & New Orleans, La

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

K-wa Dragon-sama <VDB>

Good to see you here Dragon! Are you still in Fairhope? Tony, lost ya number, sure would like to meet ya at the Wharf for a cigar and a few single malts.

TC

#29 TC DragonMaw

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGulf Shores, Al & New Orleans, La

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

K-wa Zen-san <B>

Good to see ya.

TC

#30 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:00 AM

View PostZen, on 19 November 2011 - 05:09 PM, said:

Name: Zen
Group: Merc unit <FPG>, 5RCT, 1st Royal Guards
Background: MPBT Solaris, MPBT 3025, Mechwarrior and Mech Commander, ISW.
Other Interests:

Hi ya ZEN !! >VDB<

#31 Aaron Steiner

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHouston TX

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

I find it amusing that the word S N A T C H, which has legitimate meaning, is censored by this forum.

Also, I am new to this community, but I hope that I can fit in with you guys.

I've ready every (In believe) battletechmechwarrior book and played almost every game (including the crap super nintendo stuff). I got into the novels when I was a teenager. The first ones I read were the Jade falcon trilogy. there's only been a few falcons that were not complete jackasses, unfortunately.

I played the H E double hockey sticks out of mw4 merc (both xpacs) and in the last 4-5 months started running a classic btech campaign with mechwarrior stuff mixed in for fun and flavor. I have even designed my own personal mech: http://magnusveritas...L-Noble-S1.html

This the a first for my friends and I, save for the one running the game, but we've been picking it all up pretty fast. I just wish fights didn't take so long to finish lol.

Edited by Aaron Steiner, 20 November 2011 - 08:57 AM.

#32 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

Name: Matthew Steiner-Aranis (Goes by Matthew Kestrell)
Callsign: Albatross
Group: Steiner Military
Specialty: Mid-to-short range ballistics, particularly autocannons. Secondary specialization in all forms of mid-long range fire support.
'Mech Preference: Medium to Heavy. Favorite 'Mechs being Crossbow, customized Argus XT.
IG Background: An illiegitimate child from the former royal family of the Rim World Republic with a touch of Steiner blood from the father's side in him, Matthew Steiner-Aranis was taken to the Lyran half of the Federated Commonwealth by his parents to escape death in the wake of the RWR's collapse. There, where the name of Aranis was generally reviled, Matthew began life as an average commoner, and eventually joined up with the military service there as a Mechwarrior. Secretly, he nurses resentment towards the Star League that destroyed the Rim World Republic his ancestors called home, and hopes to one day rebuild the Rim World Republic.
Real Background: Started as a wee child generally being awful at Mechwarrior 2 on DOS, got back in with Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance. Eventually pirated the whole Mechwarrior 4 group of games before really getting back into the game with MekPak 3.1. I blame Mechwarrior and Heroes Of Might And Magic for dropping out of university. I now live in what would make one hell of an awesome Mechwarrior map.
Other Interests: Skiing, Hiking, Powerpoint animation

Edited by Mattiator, 04 February 2012 - 12:14 AM.

#33 Count Domar

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationHarker Heights, Texas

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:11 PM

Name: In game - Count Domar; Real life - Jim Lytle
Group: Blazing Fists of Defiance (BFoD) (My own mercenary unit), Lyran Commonwealth
Background: Started playing Battletech the boardgame and then migrated to the computer games. Started with "Inception of the Cresent Hawk" and worked my way up from there playing the Mechwarrior series (all except MW3) and MechCommander. I played MPBT and MPBT 3025.
Mech class Preference: Light or fast mediums with jump jets.
Mech of choice: Assassin or Jenner
Other Interests: I currently play Flames of War (WW II 15mm Miniatures), Warmachine and Firestorm Armada (Space ship combat). I am also collecting miniatures to play Malifaux and Infinity.

Edited by Count Domar, 21 December 2011 - 08:00 PM.

#34 dragon2

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

View PostTC_DragonMaw, on 19 November 2011 - 10:30 PM, said:

K-wa Dragon-sama <VDB>

Good to see you here Dragon! Are you still in Fairhope? Tony, lost ya number, sure would like to meet ya at the Wharf for a cigar and a few single malts.

TC

~S~ TC_DragonMaw,

Yea still here. Sent you a message with my number. Give me a call sometime.

Edited by dr@gon, 20 November 2011 - 11:19 PM.

#35 Zen

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

View PostTC_DragonMaw, on 19 November 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

K-wa Zen-san <B>

Good to see ya.

TC

Hey TC,

Good to see ya Bro <S>

#36 Zen

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

View PostMetro, on 20 November 2011 - 07:00 AM, said:

Hi ya ZEN !! >VDB<

Hiya Metro,

Nice seeing you here now get on Comms :lol: <S>

#37 Rapax

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDon't know, but I can smell cookies

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:53 AM

Name: Rapax
Group: Not Affiliated, yet.
Background: MW2, MW2 Mercs, MW4, MW4 Mercs, MC1, MC2.
Preferred Mech: Hellhound.
Other Interests: Flying, Total War games.
Would have loved to play the tabletop stuff, but it's not really well known in SA...

Edited by Rapax, 24 November 2011 - 08:52 AM.

#38 kroner

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Md

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Introducing Karl Kaufberg, aka "Kroner"

Karl Helmut Kaufberg, aka Kroner, age 21, Mechwarrior, 5th child of Fredrick and Helene Kaufman of Pandora, in the Tamar Province. The Kaufberg's are a minor noble family who own a Red Devil Industries factory which manufactures B3M medium lasers on license from Defiance Industries of Hesperus.[/color]

Karl grew up as the 5th of 6th children (2 older brothers and 2 older sisters and one younger sister) in a life of relative, but not spectacular luxury on Pandora. He and his sister are the youngest children by 8 years, and his oldest brother is nearly 20 years his senior. His parents were very busy with the family business and spent little time with him, instead shipping him off to standard minor noble quality prep schools. As a youth, he was also mentored and befriended by an old family retainer, a one Klaus Gerhard, a retired LCAF infantry soldier.

In prep school, Karl displayed a sharp intellect and a natural ability to manipulate his peers and teachers. That earned him friends and enemies. At age 16, Karl tested positive for the ability to operate a BattleMech and was accepted into Pandora College Training Battalion. As a student, Karl was spectacularly average, in spite of his intelligence. He worked just hard enough to succeed, but not necessarily to excel. Karl used his natural ability to wheel and deal to sustain a moderately indulgent lifestyle during his entire time at the Academy. Karl's outgoing personality and apparent generosity allowed him to build many solid friendships at the Academy. His parents were distressed by his apparent lack of ambition. But he partially allayed their concerns with his charm and by keeping up with his family's business concerns.

After the Academy, Kaufberg's family called in some favors and arranged for Karl to be assigned to the 8th Donegal Guards stationed on Sevren, which kept Karl in the theater. As a graduation present, Karl was given his family's Shadow Hawk SHD-2H, which had not been piloted for nearly twenty years.

Karl was thrilled to have the Mech, but embarrassed to have it known that his first tour of duty was arranged at the request of his parents. Karl fulfilled his military duties competently and participated in several low-risk, mech engagements against the Draconis Combine and local pirates. Again, he performed competently, but made sure to leave adequate time for off-duty celebrations and high-living.

His greatest successes, however, were with the unit's quartermaster, Major Simon DeFrank. He build a friendship with DeFrank and, completely off the record and under the table, assisted DeFrank with cutting deals with LCAF logisitical elements and LCAF military units regarding spare parts, supplies and even occasional luxuries for the men.

Once, during his tour, on an extended pass to a local boating exhibition, he managed to convince a yacht salesman that he had enough Kroner to buy an expensive luxury model. He was solely disappointed to have to return the boat when he found that he could not keep it on the military base where he was stationed. This episode, plus his natural charm and generosity to the people around him gave him the reputation that he had personal wealth and earned him the nickname 'Kroner' which stuck.

Karl left the 8th on good terms after his service commitment was complete. At that point, his father expected Karl to return to Pandora and become involved in the family business, and to that effect, gave Karl part of his inheritance on his 21st birthday: stock ownership of the Red Devil factory on Pandora.

But, rather than entice Karl to stay, this gesture distressed young Karl immensely. Already embarrassed by his family pulling string for him at the beginning of his tour of duty, Karl decided abruptly to prove that he was his own person. Karl left for Galatea with his SHD-2H eager to be free from his parents and family constraints, except for the bare minimum necessities of his personal valet, old Klaus Gerhard, Helga Volker, an accountant that his dad insisted on sending with him to help with family business concerns and Andrea Smith, a young Mech technician who was pretty much assigned to the family Shadow hawk.

Edited by kroner, 22 November 2011 - 05:05 PM.

#39 Tommygunz

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

NAME: Tommygun ( Tom )
Group: Clan Seabass ( Bloodnamed Warrior )
Affiliation: House of Steiner ( mercenary )
Specialty: Long range/evasive maneuvers/melee combat/capture.
Mech preference: Assault/Heavy. ( HELLSTAR-ATLAS/CAVE LION-MADCAT )
Background: CLASSIFIED.
Interest: MW tabletop gaming, Unit mods.

Edited by Tommygunz, 23 November 2011 - 08:52 PM.

#40 Derich Brenner

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationGalatea, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

3018 -- Graduated Nagerling War College
3018 -- Assigned Striker Lance Leader A Company 3rd BN/6th Lyran Guards RGT
3019 -- Awarded Knight's Order of the Guard for valorous service during the 13th Battle of Hesperus II
3019 -- Promoted to First Leutnant, XO A Company 3rd BN/6th Lyran Guards RGT
3022 -- Promoted to Hauptmann, CO D Company 2nd BN/10th Donegal Guards RGT
3025 -- Dishonorably Discharged from LCAF, see file attachment 30250531/CHP12
3027 -- Contracted with Murphy's Murderers
3035 -- Assigned Support Lance Commander, Murphy's Murderers
3039 -- Assigned XO, Murphy's Law
3044 -- Accepted CO position, Murphy's Law

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users