• 3 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah, USA

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Name: Dr. Saabastian Nova III
CallSign: DocNova
Group: House of Shadows
Affiliation: House Steiner [LCAF]
Preferred Mech: "Operational"

I started playing Tabletop when I was in Jr. High. Played some of the Early PC FPS games, then found MPBT.
Once on MPBT, I had the honor and privilege of serving with some of the finest pilots in the Inner Sphere, within the House of Shadows. Woolf was my first lance leader and mentor til the end.

The last Official Rank I "Accepted" was Lt. of a Lance in 2NR. Last Official Rank "Offered" was Theater XO (Lt.Col.) But MPBT Shut down, and I didn't keep up.

I'm very excited this is coming, and so many Shadows are still about.

<S>

#42 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:32 AM

Name: Tim
Callsign: Journeyman
Group: 1st Royal Guard as appointed by Archon Dragon, now actively serving Archon Wild Hog

Last held permanent rank : Lt. General, 1st Royal Guard

Status: MPBT:Solaris in AOL and Gamestorm - numerous appointments under General Boris
MPBT:3025 - 10th Skye Rangers
MW2 through MW4:Mercs
War!Online
Empire League
zGroup Project Developer
Currently assisting with House TeamSpeak3 Server and House Forums

It is good to see so many old friends returning to the fold.

#43 Taz

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Callsign: Taz
Group: 1st Royal Guard as appointed by , Archon Wild Hog

Last held permanent rank : General, 1st Royal Guard

Status: MPBT:MPBT:3025 7th Doengal Guard in House of Shadow VL zone 6RCTApachie Division
War Online,NBT,Empire League,MWL MW2 threw MW4:Mercs and Mega Mech

cant wait to get on the battle field and start busting up some mechs and to see who can make it threw boot camp training.
Long Live The Fighters.

Taz
House Steiner - 1st Royal Guard

Edited by Taz, 26 November 2011 - 03:57 PM.

#44 Monk LCAF

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico, USA

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

Name: Monk

Group: 30th Lyran Guard (MPBT: Solaris), 5th Regimental Combat Team (MPBT: Solaris), Donegal Theater (MPBT: 3025), Skye Front (Inner Sphere Wars).

Background: Started on MPBT:Solaris in 1998 joining up with the 30LG up to the position of Battalion XO. In preparation for MPBT: 3025 the unit became the 5thRCT and promoted to the position of Regimental CO. When MPBT: 3025 began the 5thRCT was left in the good hands of ShadowBear and Zen, so I went on to Theater CO of Donegal Theater fighting against Kurita (who always gave us a good fight - good job ladies and gents). Years after MPBT: 3025 died and a community project called Inner Sphere Wars created by Vermatrix began, I joined early on to help with developing House Steiner sectors and supply lines to eventually become the Front CO of Skye. It was a lot of fun and I recommend BattleTech in any form to everyone.

Other Interests: Got into Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, and Planetside for years, but nothing brought the same enjoyment as the multiplayer battletech games.

#45 Leonardo Monteiro

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationGalatea, Island of Skye

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

Name: Leonardo

Group: Free Skye Movement (Yes, i might shoot you in the back)

Background: MW2/3/4, MC1/2
Other Interests: Politics.

#46 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

Name: Mason Grimm
Callsign: Reaper
Group: Grimm Reaper Company (possibly looking to hire in the LC)
Mech of Choice: Marauder (reseen, unseen, not yet seen, maybe seen in the future, first you see it then you don't, whatever)

Background: I've been playing the TT since the second edition came out. I also remember playing Crescent Hawks Inception as well as the original Mechwarrior. In fact I had to upgrade from a lowly CGA monitor to the ever bad azz EGA to get Mechwarrior 1 to work. I was a part of a Clan Wolf unit in Mechwarrior 4, I ran the first and oldest ship building Corporation in EVE Online, I vaguely remember playing Neverwinter Nights on AOL (the ANSI version), I remember tape drive games on Commodore 64 and I've played a ton of games in between.

Other Interests: My son, cars, motorcycles, firefighting, escrima, battletech/mechwarrior universe, sci-fi nerd stuff, brewing mead at home, watching movies, blah blah blah. Also, anything fast enough to do something stupid in (women included).

Edited by Mason Grimm, 01 December 2011 - 09:31 AM.

#47 Name90180

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, Pa

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

Name: Jim Hyers
CallSign; CYRIX
Group: Phonenix Knights
Mech of choice: Jenner

I played MPBY in AOL made many good friends got into Steiner by unvite of General Ice after I killed his Jenner.
Note: if you can't kill an altas in a Jenner your not worth a dam.
I am a computer programmer and retired SMSGT(E-8) from the Air Force I would love to drop again in MW and have some fun with old friends!

Jim

#48 Tarmok II

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTerra, Germany, Sachsen, Vogtland

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:04 AM

Name: Tarmok_II (normal just Tarmok but my first registration mail went missing and now the name is blocked ^_^ )

Group: no group until now but I'm searching for one right now. would prefer a German one to make conversation as easy as possible

Mech of choice: I prefer the heavy stuff. just love to shoot my enemies into little pieces with a large PPC or some heavy Lasers

Background: played the MW4 parts and reading the novels right now (my father owns like 40 of them)

I'm an computer scientist/gamer and spend a lot of time on my PCs. So if anybody needs another pilot just send me a message.

Edited by Tarmok_II, 02 December 2011 - 01:10 AM.

#49 Shadowstarr

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

View PostHardDrive, on 15 November 2011 - 09:26 AM, said:

Name:James Rader

Group:Steiner 6th lyran guards

Background: Last held rank Was HPT.HardDrive <6LG> [LCAF]
Have not played since MPBT Solaris, anyone a tailor I need a few seems let out a bit. :)

Other Interests: Metal Fabrication, Auto-mechanic, Computer technition

OMG harddrive correct me if i am wrong I think I was your company / battalion CO in the 6th. Been awhile bro.

View Postdr@gon, on 18 November 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

Name: Dragon
Group: 1st Royal Guards
Background:

Last held permanent rank : KomGen Dragon, 1st Royal Guards, reserve officer

1996 Col Dragon RCO 51st ELH - merc group recruited by House Steiner :
1996 Col Dragon RCO HSIEN HOTHEADS - Wyatt Theater - House Steiner under HptGen Metron and LtGen Borris
1996 Lt Gen Dragon TCO Wyatt Theater - House Steiner under HptGen Borris :
1996-1998 HptGen Dragon FCO Skye Front - House Steiner under Archon KneeCapper :
1998-2001 - worked as Logistics Lead for KESAMI on Aliens Online
2001 Returned to House Steiner per request by KESAMI
2001-2006 Archon Dragon - House Steiner
2006-Pres Gen Dragon, 1st Royal guard, reserve officer - Serving under Archon WildHog

Hey dragon I was in the 51st for awhile under you alongwith grond. I think we met at gencon one year /shrug

View PostStunner, on 19 November 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

I served in HSIEN HOTHEADS under Dragon as just a lance commander until moving into the 6th Lyran guard which I worked up the ranks starting from company captain up to eventually Regimental XO. Retired from Steiner as Lt. Col

I'm currently unassigned to a unit. It was good to see some folks from the old days I saw somene mention Pacer and I do remember him as well.

I've played MW1-4, mechcommander 1&2, MPBT:Solaris on both AOL and Gamestorm in which I actually got to work as a helper on both eventually.

I've got some 30-40 minis and enjoy playing the TT as well. Looking foward to playing with some of our old friends and new ones as this game should bring a lot of new blood into mechwarrior.

Other interests: Currently in World of Warcraft and Heroes of Newerth.

Sup Stunner!

-SS

#50 Nikoli Steiner

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

Name: Admiral Nikoli von Steiner

Group: Chief Officer of the Nagelring Military Academy.

Background: MW2-4, Mechcommander 1-2, Invasion3042 (where i derive my name and group), Did some PBEM roleplaying with CBT combat as the Khan of Clan Ghost Bear.

Other: Gamer who enjoys the genre and has read a good portion of the novels out there.

#51 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:39 AM

View PostShadowstarr, on 04 December 2011 - 10:53 PM, said:

OMG harddrive correct me if i am wrong I think I was your company / battalion CO in the 6th. Been awhile bro.

Sounds about right Your name does ring a bell, Welcome back to the fold. :P ~S~

Head over to http://forum.housesteiner.com and get signed up there when you get a chance.

Edited by HardDrive, 05 December 2011 - 07:41 AM.

#52 GrandDuke

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

Hi, just signed up, good to see all the Lyran love!

I've never actually played a mechwarrior video game but i play btech and am a member of the forum under Daishi411 (Col I see you what's up!)

as for units my characters have been part of: 2nd Donegal Guard and the Lyran irregulars!

#53 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

Name: Joseph Mallan
Callsign: Jester
Group: 10th Lyran Guard
Mech of Choice: Battlemaster-1G

I'm a long standing TT player, playtester, Commando (retired), Played the MechWarrior game on my home computer through MW3.

Claim to fame... My genetic heritage (ie my daughter!) got named in the Merc Handbooks as the Aide to Col Redfield of the Redfield Renegades.

#54 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

Arturus Steiner, Margrave of the Skye Federation and Commander of the reformed Skye Rangers. checking in...

.../salute

Edited by Arturus, 08 December 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#55 Aescwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

In-game Name: Nitsua Asuka
Group: Never been part of any
Background: MW4 I'm pretty new to it all
Other Interests: decent Sci-Fi , History , Music (mainly Black Metal / Folk Metal. Oh and i play too)

#56 Jon Vekken

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts
  • LocationThe Planet Persistance

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

I love how a lot of people give themselves ranks that are NOT really allowed to a Mech pilot. The highest a mech pilot could really go was Leftenenat, or Hauptmann. There were no Admirals, Col., or other odd ranks.

Name: Leftenenat Jon Vekken

Group:17th Lyran Guards Based out of Persistance, fighting against the Bandit Kingdoms, Pirates and the Rashies. Last known position of the 17th Lyran Guards was November 3048 heading to the Planet Icar.

NOTE my sig says: 17th Shadow Irregulars. The 17th Lyran Guards were decimated at Icar and only 5 mechwarrirors and a few support personnel out of three battalions remained. We renamed ourselves to the 17th Shadow Irregulars.

Background: Played everything from the board game in '83 up through Wizkids Mechwarrior clix, to the video games.

Other Interests: SW, D&D, and other fun stuff.

Edited by Jon Vekken, 08 December 2011 - 06:51 AM.

#57 Journeyman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 116 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:00 AM

View PostJon Vekken, on 08 December 2011 - 06:49 AM, said:

I love how a lot of people give themselves ranks that are NOT really allowed to a Mech pilot. The highest a mech pilot could really go was Leftenenat, or Hauptmann. There were no Admirals, Col., or other odd ranks.

Ranks of the LCAF: http://www.sarna.net...#Military_Ranks

Obviously, some ranks people attained were specific to their command and leadership expectations within that particular game engine or league they played in.

#58 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

Name: Heinz Kohl
Callsign: Damocles
Group: Storm's Metal Thunder
Mech of Choice: Zeus 6T

Background: Have been playing MW and MC since MW3 and MC2. I own most* of the Battletech novels and am mostly an avid lore-geek. I am currently playing a Megamek Campaign as a House Steiner Merc unit in 3039. I also ran a Warhammer Online RP-Regiment known as the Black Sun Boyz (Ostermark-Phoenix Throne-Badlands).

/Damo

#59 ThunderSquid

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

Name: Wilhelm Krauss
Regiment: 20th Arcturan Guards
Mech: WHM-7S (originally 6K) Warhammer Niedzwiedz (Unseen, so...maybe?)
Background: Graduated from the Nagelring in 3026 and fought in every major conflict since. Now (in 3048), Hauptmann in charge of Gamma Company, 1st Battalion, 20th Arcturan Guards
Other Background: Age 20, from Minnesota, working on my undergratuate. Got involved in Battletech on-and-off a few years ago. Too late for the classic mechwarrior games, but on the other hand no mechassault, so call it even. Definitely a Steiner for fluff reasons, though I'm a bit more likely to use lighter stuff than average. My company even has a full lance of mediums.

Edited by Wilhelm Krauss, 24 December 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#60 GIJOEHoS

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:37 PM

Name, GIJOE

Games, Solaris, 3025, Mechwarrior, ISW.

Currently serving under Archon WildHog as House Steiner XO.

Long Live House Steiner!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users