Starter Mech Pack

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Single Variant Mechs (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support this suggestion?

1. Yes (24 votes [61.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

2. No (6 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Abstain (9 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

You know all of those mechs with just a single variant?

I think they should be available in purchasable "packs".

#2 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

You saying mechs like the Wolfhound or Enforcer with limited variants in 3050 that will likely not see release otherwise? I fully support getting them in the game somehow but how do you plan to overcome the requirement of three variants for Elite?

#3 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

They'd have to create new variants for mechs like Wolfhound and Enforcer if they wanted to introduce them.

Or...they could get rid of the "own 3 mech variants" requirement for leveling up a mech and just increase the XP required for each mech (which I'd like to see regardless if they implement single variant mechs).

#4 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 24 August 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Or...they could get rid of the "own 3 mech variants" requirement for leveling up a mech and just increase the XP required for each mech (which I'd like to see regardless if they implement single variant mechs).

I suggested that one awhile back, no one bit.

So I'm trying it this way.

#5 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

Just a reminder to those unsure, developers have mentioned that they are not looking into implementing mechs that don't have 3 variants minimum.

This proposal would be more of an incentive to introduce those mechs that have two variants or a single mech.

i.e. - Purchase light pack (a certain number of lights)
Purchase medium pack (a certain number of mediums)
Purchase heavy pack (a certain number of heavies)
Purchase assault pack (a certain amount of assaults)

#6 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

um... yeah... there are no mechs in the game that dont have at least 3 so why would they start?

#7 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostFirewuff, on 25 August 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

um... yeah... there are no mechs in the game that dont have at least 3 so why would they start?

You missed the point entirely.

#8 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Trail mechs are good at trying out a mech before you buy them. But a new player starter pack would be nice but just at the moment I'm not so sure yet perhaps if these was designed right it would be nice but for now I abstain. Perhaps a couple mechs to get a new player going somewhere in the lights and mediums but not more then a medium till they earned enough C-Bills to move heavier. And perhaps just one variant then they would need to buy the others to elite and master.

Edited by Zarla, 26 August 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#9 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

I like the idea, but like the others, wonder what you have in mind to bypass the 3 variant requirement to unlock elite efficiencies....

I totally think PGI should use their creative license to make up additional variants when lore variants are not available for iconic mechs (I wants me a Wolfhound). However, they HAVE to do it right or they risk breaking Lore. I do NOT want to play MechGundam Online.....

#10 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

PGI just needs to overhaul their 'skill' unlock efficiencies.

And yes, I want those Mechs. I could care less if it can'y be leveled to Elite, most of my Mechs are in basic or no skills unlocked at all and I've been playing since the last reset to Open Beta.

Edited by General Taskeen, 26 August 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#11 RandomLurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Why not put them in as discount mechs, aimed at new players? Kind of the vibe I got from the OP. Cheap to get into, but not ideal for the long haul because of the efficiencies.

Although, yeah, the efficiency system is bonkos. But something tells me they aren't going to change it. It's pretty obviously intended to force people to use MC to buy more mechs, which I outright refuse to do unless it's Hero. And even then, I only spend the money I would have spent if it were a subscription game, aka about 15$ a month. The prices are simply too high.

Edited by RandomLurker, 25 September 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#12 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

well, the legendary founder pack without the 25% boost would be a nice pack to get for starters.

#13 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

Maybe something like House oriented mech packs.
Each House in BT has favored mechs, so you just buy the Davion/Kurita/Steiner/... pack to get Mechs from different weight class, but still relatives to each other by the Lore. Could help a bit creating more depth in your mech selections.
Perhaps with a few color as well (ex: a red and a black paint for Kuritas, etc.). I would have totally bought that when i started that game!

Edited by XtremWarrior, 26 September 2013 - 02:32 AM.

#14 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

They can make up their own variants, and since that's how the whole Elite/Master thing works that's just what they'd do.

#15 Xeren KelDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 190 posts
  • LocationNAIS

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Why not just make Basic class based like elite is, so you'd only need three lights or three heavies etc? That could promote some diversity while allowing the influx of designs with lower numbers of variants without the need to create new variants.

#16 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 24 August 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

They'd have to create new variants for mechs like Wolfhound and Enforcer if they wanted to introduce them.

Or release 3 mechs for each class that have only 1 good variant. So 3 lights, 3 mediums, etc.

#17 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:39 PM

PGI have rights to create own mechs chassis, not to mention new variants. Actually they already doing it, look for Enforcer ENF-5P, there was no such model before.
So dont worry, all interesting mechs can make it into the game.

#18 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostRandomLurker, on 25 September 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

Why not put them in as discount mechs, aimed at new players? Kind of the vibe I got from the OP. Cheap to get into, but not ideal for the long haul because of the efficiencies.

Although, yeah, the efficiency system is bonkos. But something tells me they aren't going to change it. It's pretty obviously intended to force people to use MC to buy more mechs, which I outright refuse to do unless it's Hero. And even then, I only spend the money I would have spent if it were a subscription game, aka about 15$ a month. The prices are simply too high.

Then it sucks for people who really want to actually dedicate themselves to those mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users