21 replies to this topic

#1 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

23 September 3049

TO ALL CURRENT AND POTENTIAL UNIT COMMANDERS:
Armageddon Unlimited's goal is to build a world-class Command & Staff, to be the head of a strong Sergeant's Corps (the Core of the unit, as well) as our heart and soul, and a large and efficient MechWarrior pilot presence, as our body, to carry out all of the missions we will be contracted to perform, to forge ahead with the best at the helm, to get and give the best, and to take the fight to any opposition in the community that we may face.

Knowing the sometimes-extraordinary difficulties associated with running any sort of organization, such as a mercenary corporation -including personnel issues, personal issues, disparate ideas on how a unit should operate and be run, the drama of members who want more but are not willing to earn it, a lack of time to accomplish what you wish to accomplish AND still be able to play in the game, such as development of your unit's culture and identity, among other vagaries-, I am proposing the following, but only for those who believe that sharing the load among various high-ranking officers working together for the common good of the entire unit is in their best interests.

DO YOU WANT TO COMMAND?
If you do not yet have a command of your own, come to Armageddon Unlimited, sign with us and work your way up to a command rank; your career can only accelerate dependent on what you are willing to do to accomplish your goal of command. The tools for acceleration are provided, if you have the umph to make use of them.

ARE YOU ALREADY A COMMANDER?
If you already have a command, join your unit with Armageddon Unlimited, maintain your structure and your cohesiveness as much as possible, grow as a natural part of AU, increase your numbers, have assistance to complete things you, as the commander of that element, need to complete, and help others in the Command & Staff complete also what they need to get done.

Read on, and let's see if we're where you want to be...

HERE'S WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our desire is to have MechWarrior's join our unit in the capacity of having fun by training, through combat drops to develop cohesion, and preparing for the play changes that have come as a result of the Clans and is coming with Community Warfare. As you advance in our unit, you are welcome to try on new responsibilities you've earned, though you will be expected to fulfill the responsibilities and not just absorb the privileges of what your position entails. If you want a position of authority and/or leadership -two separate things- you can help lead us to victory and the improvement of AU through your participation and the work necessary to maintain our improvement curve.

After all, it's fun to win, right? If we don't improve, if we don't roll with the community, learn ways to overcome the meta, or change our tactics from time-to-time, and practice those tactics, we will not win, which is not fun, right?

OUR PHILOSOPHY
While MechWarrior Online is a game, and a gaming community, it is also team-based gaming and, if a member of the team fails to show up for training, skirmishes, and the fight, the team suffers for it. Come, be a MechWarrior to start, earn your way to higher positions if you are so inclined, and let's make the virtual battlefield our own playground. As MechWarrior's, the only responsibility is to show up and fight. However, if you want to continue to help us to grow and improve, the further you advance the more will be expected of you. Our methods of advancement are there to help us maintain integrity by placing the most devoted, and the best of the best, in appropriate places throughout our ranks. Our people will continue to grow, continue to earn their way up, but all based on the pace they wish to work for themselves.

DO WE INTEND TO PLAY COMPETITIVELY? WHAT TYPE OF PEOPLE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To find out about our policies and procedures with regard to recruitment, look here! Our primary goal will be simply to play, though we will also be supporting 12-Man, Solaris, and other competitive game-play as we are able, setting up specialized teams to accomplish those goals; so, if you don't want to begin your own unit, but want to fight competitively, sign up with us, let's get you set up so you can develop your team with our administrative support, and so there is mutual support!

If you understand that rules, vision, and goals are there to guide the unit and necessary to build it up properly, and you believe that earning your place, your rank, and your awards is important, and you understand that accomplishing your own goals may take work and time, as well, then we're the place for you. Look us up, and see what you think.

Posted Image

O5 Colonel, Commanding Officer, Armageddon Unlimited

Approval Authority: Armageddon Unlimited Command & Staff Command Authority

Form AU-LH-1//490301-2

Edited by Kay Wolf, 23 September 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#2 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

Updated OP with new information.

#3 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

Adjusted verbiage for clarity in OP, and added our desire to fight not only in casual games, but in contract -hopefully including objective-based game-play- and competitive games, as well. We are devoting up to one-third of our overall strength toward 12-Man, Solaris, and potential e-Sports gaming, and will build up the first team as soon as someone is willing to volunteer to run it. Oh, they will be breveted to a Captain slot, but will still be required to build up rank to earn it.

#4 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:18 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 24 April 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

Adjusted verbiage for clarity in OP, and added our desire to fight not only in casual games, but in contract -hopefully including objective-based game-play- and competitive games, as well. We are devoting up to one-third of our overall strength toward 12-Man, Solaris, and potential e-Sports gaming, and will build up the first team as soon as someone is willing to volunteer to run it. Oh, they will be breveted to a Captain slot, but will still be required to build up rank to earn it.

Now that Private Matches are up and running, I trust that our Brother Mercenary units will soon be looking to run some Synchronized And Formal Unit Honor Drops... we may not be Clan but observing the Honorable Ways of Combat during a 24-player Drop would be a blast!

#5 Max Von Lakes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 164 posts
  • LocationThe Lakes, England

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:40 AM

I don't know if 4 threads on one page is enough for "Armagedden unlimted"
:P :huh: :mellow:

#6 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

Well, Max, long before the rule was put into place that a unit should only have one, between probably March and August of 2012, Armageddon Unlimited was doing some very heavy recruiting, and I had been overzealous in that time period to get out information to those who would be interested in playing with a unit like AU. Each thread I began during that time was originally designed to have an alternate theme, different information, and speak to a different segment of the population. That's still true, though the diversity of the posting has waned a bit, I suppose. We're working to get the variety of information set back in place, however, and I'm trying to update only one of these postings every few days to a week, so we're not overwhelming the front page.

However, I've noticed, as well, that posting as I have been has begun to bring units back into the dog fight to get their posts back on top, or to begin new ones, so that has two effects: 1) It is making fresh postings for new MechWarrior's coming to these forums, and 2) It buries my posts within a few hours of any update I may do.

So, I am not going to apologize for the number of postings we have out there, as they were put out prior to the new rule, but I will try to space them out appropriately, so we can keep the merry-go-round alive and spinning, and bring in others who actually pay attention to these threads.

Thank you for your concern, Max.

#7 Max Von Lakes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

No problem. We too, are in the dogfight to stay on the frontpage ;)
As most of the player/team run current competitions are in the closing stages, we find ourselves with potentially, a lot of free time ahead.
If you are interested,and the timezones are compatible, we typically run 12's on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sundays, at 19:00 GMT (20:00 UK, 21:00 CET). It could be mutually benefical for us to practice some drop decks, stratergies, or experiment with something completely different for a 12 v 12 game!

If you are interested, and wish to discuss a theme, or time, you can find us at;
Teamspeak server - Antares-scorpions.typrefrag.com (no pass)
Unit Website - http://antaresscorpions.co.uk

See you on the field!

#8 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Max, I'll hold onto your information and, once we've reached an official Company in size, I'll let you know. Fair enough?

#9 Max Von Lakes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

Sure thing. Good luck with your recruiting ;)

#10 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

I have updated the OP to reflect the idea that we're now live, as a merc element, but I also wanted to take a moment to let you know, personally, that there are a lot of opportunities to be had in AU. If ALL you're interested in is fighting as a MechWarrior, then you're welcome to do that. We do, however, need people at the top, and I am not averse to talking someone into taking an all-important position in the unit, especially if I feel you have the stuff to do it. In short, I'm not here to play patty-cake with you, to get you into the unit so your only care in the world is to fight, but it's to build the foundation, the structure, and the facade necessary to take the fight to our enemies.

Am I the guy to lead in competitive game-play... perhaps one day down the road; however, I encourage anyone interested in playing competitively, who is willing to perform their own recruitment and training for competitive play, to come and talk to me about setting something up in AU.

For those of you NOT interested in competitive play, but only in the planetary, or even just PUG play, you may have a home with us, as well, with the same requirements, restrictions, possibilities at rank and position, and privileges as everyone else that comes to AU. No discrimination will be made in our policies just because you might be playing competitively, as doing so simply shows a level of unfairness I'm not willing to accept.

For those who are lore-hounds, and you love the idea of being part of something with a strongly BattleTech-related history and background, where you realize that just dropping time-after-time-after-time into the same maelstrom is not as fulfilling as you would like it to be, we have programs, goals and conditions and benchmarks for you to challenge yourself by. We will have trivia and tactical challenges, created and administered not only by the Command & Staff but, really, anyone with a heart for those sorts of things. Finally, our rank and position structure within Armageddon Unlimited is highly competitive; the person who comes into the unit and charges through ED OPPS, is highly creative with tactical and/or strategic outlines, who brings all manner of variants to the unit, who runs role-playing events or writes stories, those who participate more in the unit gain more promotion points, which mature based on Time-in-Service, and they garner those ranks and/or positions more quickly than those who simply hang out for the sake of showing up a few hours a week to play casually.

If you're impatient, unreasonable, or believe that some of the things, or everything I have outlined in the OP and in this post are just stupid, because you're simply here to play the game, then please find somewhere else to play? Alternately, if you like what you've read, if you're interested in finding out more, come and join us, we're waiting for you to enrich our ranks, to help make us better, and we're here to assist you in learning the game, in becoming more than you are, at present, in sharing our time with you so that you will not only not become bored, and beg off somewhere else, but so you may also desire to become more, through the systems we have in-place, than what you are, now.

Remember, a kid that's given something will not take care of it half as well as the kid who earns it for themselves. That's what AU is all about, earning it for yourself, learning about and improving yourself, becoming a part of our community, our culture, and learning to seek the same vision and goals as some of your fellow players will have learned about, already.

This post has become over-long, but I hope it's also effective at telling you something of who we are in AU, who the Commanding Officer is, and what I seek to share with everyone who comes into our ranks... our family.

Edited by Kay Wolf, 23 July 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#11 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hey, Max, just to update you on how things are, we had two people dive out of the unit while I was in the midst of my move -take that for what you might think it is-, but we've had an old member return, and a new member added to the unit. So, unfortunately, we have managed to remain at the stalemate of a single Company. However, within that single Company, we have two from Europe who do not share the most common play time, nor do they share a play time for themselves, and gaining European players into our ranks has become something of a challenge, despite advertisements speaking to the idea we DESIRE to put together European/Asian elements within our ranks.

So, again, once we have a full Company of players who are able to get on at the same time, we'll see about private matches and sharpening one another up. Sorry it's taking a bit.

#12 BlackPhoenix01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:29 AM

Hello! Here's an invite to the ISC! I hope to see you guys there.

From the People who brought you Merc Madness!...

Posted Image

Click here to go to website!

Posted Image

Posted Image

MWO Thread Link

Edited by BlackPhoenix01, 26 June 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#13 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

Talking with my team, now, and trying to get a feel for where we would like to go. Thank you for the invitation, and I will keep the post notification in my inbox until we've had more time to talk.

<O

#14 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

We, as a unit, are not yet ready, and may not be for some time. I believe that time will come around the same time as Community Warfare is completed, later this year or early next. It is very difficult to get people to act, despite their professions of loyalty and preparedness.

#15 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

o7 from Jin-Roh! Good luck with y'all's reboot! :)

#16 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

Thank you Nightmare1 ! That means a lot, buddy. :)

OP modified for recruitment of Commander's of smaller elements looking for larger support, help, camaraderie, and who have a true interest in building a world class Command & Staff in the BattleTech universe via MechWarrior Online, NetBattleTech in MWO, and the MWO Lobby.

#17 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

You're welcome! :P

#18 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

It is amazing what a number days of letting some reading sit will do to help clarity at the end of those days, so some things may be rewritten for the sake of clarity, for the sake of professionalism. My OP is very long, and I need to shorten it; that's something I'll seek to do over the course of this coming month before I renew this post, again.

#19 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

View Postmax11180, on 02 May 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

Sure thing. Good luck with your recruiting :)
Max, I've had some time to do the math, and in order to field a full company consistently, we're going to need to have on between 24 and 36 members. We will have 18 in the coming days, recruitment is coming along well enough; however, it's still going to be some time. Just know that I have not forgotten your offer of skirmishes, and I know our guys would enjoy that a great deal; I'm sure once I suggest it to them, several will cheer and be very happy to do so. This will also help us work into our parameters of professionalism both on and off the battlefield, to ensure our intra-ranks integrity; we have some great people in our ranks, but we need about six more, at least.

Over the past week we've been regularly fielding six AU members and, more often than not, nine or ten -though not all of those have been AU-, so we're growing into success, but it's going to take a bit longer.

#20 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:38 AM

OP clarified to make it a bit more simple to absorb, section-titled to help break out the subjects better, shortened with no-longer relevant data and verbiage removed.

The time is coming, and I think it will start this next Tuesday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users