#1 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

I'll be honest, if we're talking about the price per content, at least when purchasing collections, it is rather fair. $30 for 3 'Mechs that you can make CB with to buy more 'Mechs...yeah, I could take that.

But the whole stack-up bundling method is just pure evil.

There're three level of pricing: normal(premium time, mechbay, Hero/Champion), playing with your emotions(stack-up pre-ordering), and pure evil. $500 golden-'Mech pack belongs to the last category.

PGI pricing guy, you know lots of us would prefer to go for Thor or Madcat immediately, which is why you create this stack-up pricing, so we could pay more for things we don't want. That's very mean. And then yeah, the only option we DO have for buying single chassis for now is buying the $500 super-pack.

I'm actually quite impressed by how far PGI could push its boundary without going full P2W.

But remember, the whole point of microtransaction is to lure customers to pay things bit by bit. If you're doing "buy in bulk to get goodies or none for you at all", it loses the whole point, and customers lose their motivations.

PGI, I'd like to support with my money, but I don't have THIS kind of money. I'm not sure how your accounting record says, but I feel like many of your most loyal BT fans are not most capable of paying that price.

Now, unless you guys could release a Hero for every new Clan chassis release, I don't see the motivation for paying for any these Clan 'Mechs.

There're still six months. Think about it, guys.

Oh, also, the only way to justify the price for Golden Khan Super-duper bundle is to include a 1:144 scaled, painted, fully assembled model in it. I would pay for that sh*t even if it means I'll be borrowing from my friends.

Edited by Helmstif, 14 December 2013 - 04:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users