• LocationSheridan

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:00 PM

I hope PGI read this.

#22 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Remember when users with 1 or 2 posts were replying to these threads and said, "I work for several game magazines and these player sentiments could make several articles worth" ?

Yeah, turns out they are looking at the history of what is going on after all.

#23 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 30 August 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Don't die, MWO =[

Paul I. did all to kill game.

#24 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

View Postarden, on 30 August 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

I hope PGI read this.

And? Reverse 3PV? Or ghost heat? Or ECM? Or heat threshold?

#25 Maethos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

Good article, biased maybe but true to the facts IMO. Hope something good will come out it. Still hanging in hoping for the best and holding on to my wallet till then.
Good hunting All
Maethos

#26 Sam Slade

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Wow... canned before it's even released. Don't think I've seen an MMO pre-fail before.

Curse you SONY.

#27 R5D4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 197 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

This is an interesting article with a strongly evident biased perspective but having said that I do also share many of the same views as the author on what's going wrong with the game today.

Though I do want to note that I am not solely blaming PGI for all of these issues. As someone that works in the software development industry it's been my experience that often poor/crippling decisions are a result of "outside forces".

Edited by R5D4, 30 August 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#28 Accurs3D

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Adapted from the BT cartoon:
  • This is the MWO forum.
  • Once it was united under the Star League, but for the past 300 days it has been consumed by a savage flame war, until a new enemy appeared.
  • Mysterious invaders known as PGI, powerful and ruthless, they struck like lightning, monetizing every game element at once.
  • But they made one big mistake.
  • THEY ATTACKED MY FAVOURITE IP.
  • Now in the spirit of the Star League, ancient enemies have reunited. And we’re going to take back our game!

#29 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

wow... well some of us said this was bound to happen. regardless of the issue {surprised ecm wasn't mentioned as that's a serious backlash still confusing and alienating players to this day} wish it never happened with one of my fav IP.

many people said:

biased report la la la

how can facts be biased? people did outrage after these exact things have happened. the screaming is becoming loud enough to keep you awake at night. you can't ignore bad press forever. as people have said you reap what you sowed and many of us tried telling them, on these forums, month after month but they were so determined that voices were all pointless and trollish that they nerfed their own forums, so where else have these voices gone...

Posted Image

There's just no saving someone who's determined to jump... just don't let them take you with them. So sad...

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 30 August 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#30 Lagfest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn a Mech

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

More bad press...
I dont want MWO to die, but it needs to change.

Please get your act together PGI

#31 KovarD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 473 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

I would love to know how Russ is feeling right now with all bad press that is happening. Probably like that.

Sad thing is we tried to help, we warned them, but like Bryan said, we are the "vocal minority". :wub:

#32 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 30 August 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

wow... well some of us said this was bound to happen. regardless of the issue {surprised ecm wasn't mentioned as that's a serious backlash still confusing and alienating players to this day} wish it never happened with one of my fav IP.

There were a ton of 'smaller' incidents that haven't been mentioned. But really, while the article did a great job of noting the flashpoints, the development history for this game is a litany of bad decisions followed by a "stay the course" mentality, and features that never appeared either because we have been outright lied to or PGI has no idea how to set development timelines; I'm honestly not sure which of those two would be worse, though.

#33 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

It's ok guy's they'll just pay PC Gamer for a good review, and a claim of being one of the best shooters (note not FPS) of all time.

#34 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:15 AM

View PostMaethos, on 30 August 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Good article, biased maybe but true to the facts IMO. Hope something good will come out it. Still hanging in hoping for the best and holding on to my wallet till then.

Considering the number of hours I've poured into this game in 1 year (nothing unprecedented besides MW4 and/or Mercenaries I think), I'm not asking for refunds because it would be unfair. I've left something like 14k MCs that I'll restrain to use for anything in future and I'll hold myself from giving them any further money for sure.

But biased article? It's an article, the author documented on the history of PGI vs community and gave out a perfectly written log.

View PostR5D4, on 30 August 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

This is an interesting article with a strongly evident biased perspective but having said that I do also share many of the same views as the author on what's going wrong with the game today.

Again the author documented about what happened, biased or not it's exactly what happened so far. It fits perfectly, sadly.

View PostKovarD, on 30 August 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

Sad thing is we tried to help, we warned them, but like Bryan said, we are the "vocal minority". :wub:

A vocal minority that made it outside our forums to reach bloggers and game magazines, and that will probably cripple 17th launch, hoping it may serve PGI as a lesson to rethink their marketing and choices.

But I strongly suspect they are giving up on us completely (as the latest two "apology" and "Sept Dev update") in favor of the 10 y/o players, that kind of players that ask to mum the money to throw at the game rather than the generations from 30-40-50-60 BT fan that have an indipendency and would cover (and HAVE COVERED) PGI in gold like the Founder did. But they betrayed us so badly.. and this article sums it all perfectly.

Edited by John MatriX82, 31 August 2013 - 01:44 AM.

#35 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostWarge, on 30 August 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

And? Reverse 3PV? Or ghost heat? Or ECM? Or heat threshold?

Maybe.

The did it with Repair & Rearm, after all. And that was at least a concept you could agree with in principle, just that it was ultimately flawed and broken.

I don't think 3PV needs to go. It should go in a separate queue, gets its minimap and more camera freedom. The new player earning bonus should be applied separately for the 3PV and 1PV queue - that encourages new players to test out the 1PV, but after players did make their extra money, they can switch tot he queue they genuinely prefer, and if that's 3PV, so be it.

Ditch ghost heat, build the heat system so it discourages alpha strikes and allows sustained firepower.
Look at group fire and convergence synergies.
Rework your information warfare to not be based entirely on ECM, but build upon ECM.

Model your game balance so you can predict the value of weapons and figure out if they are worth their weight and crit slots or are too strong or too weak.

And Communicate. Tell us what you are speculating on, what you would like to do, why you would like to do. Be clear when you're not sure certain that a feature will be possible. It's okay to change plans, but not okay to go back on promises. Make us understand your decisions.

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 31 August 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#36 ove bababoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

MWO should die to let another developers create it. These liers - I mean you, fishes - don`t deserve it. Even more! They totally ****** up this project. What are you gonna do now Bryan, Russ? Do you think that someone want to play your game after reading such an article? We told you, we ask you, but you don`t care. I really hope your company will bankrupt and you will never start develope any game.
Now you can ban me, cause I absolutely don`t care. You`ve broken my dreams, so there`s no way to be a "good boy" with you.

#37 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 31 August 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

The did it with Repair & Rearm, after all. And that was at least a concept you could agree with in principle, just that it was ultimately flawed and broken.

It was good balancing tool. It could be tuned but instead just deleted,

#38 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostChronojam, on 30 August 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

They're also not afraid to point out that, six months ago, we were nowhere near this level of dissatisfaction. A lot of newcomers or "white knights" and even PGI's own art department do like to say that everybody's just a "hater" or something, as if there was not some very clear and deliberate descent into anger and frustration on account of PGI's decisions and actions.

The really sad thing about this is, I remember perfectly well telling someone who asked about the game in Closed Beta that it was a pretty good game, not as arcade-ish as MW4 but truer to the TT. Actually, I'm going to search this post right now.
Ok, found it:

It's not really a secret as to how MWO is different than MW4. If you played MW4 like it was supposed to, that means as a giant robot "simulation" with cockpit view, mixed weapon load-outs etc., you will most likely love MWO. If you played MW4 like most people at the end, that is with a Gladiator filled wit PPC or Gauss, humping a hill in 3rd-person view to just pop up with your jump jets and snipe at the enemy who was doing the same, well then you most likely won't like MWO.
Based on the videos available you can see that the Mechlab offers a huge variety on possible load-outs for the different mechs and it's not unlike MW4, because it's also based on hardpoints for the different weapon categories (Gauss only goes in ballistic slot etc.). I'm not sure if it is more complex than the MW4-Lab, but it certainly isn't less.
All in all if you liked one of the previous MW-titles, the chances are high you will also like MWO. It will most likely be a bit less arcade-ish than MW4 and lean more towards the older MW-games and the Battletech tabletop rules.

This is me, talking to a potential new player exactly one year ago. Looking back, I can't believe how I defended the game and PGI this long, how I accepted every bad decision and told everyone that it will be alright in the end.
Having waited 10 years for this game, I was so adamant in believing that it would turn out to be a good game. It took really (and I mean it, really) a lot to bring me to this point where I feel nothing but betrayal and contempt for how this all turned out.
Honestly, someone who looked through my posting-history would be left with the conclusion that PGI actively worked on destroying my faith and good will towards this game, and I feel there are countless others who are with me on this.

#39 RedThirteen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 159 posts
  • LocationRockets

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

Any other developer would be in damage control .. seriously how collectively juvenile must PGI be to assume the adage "out of sight, out of mind" actually works?

The disquiet and disappointment will undoubtedly ruin the experience of new players.

FOR GODS SAKE PGI/PIRAHNA WHERE THE **** ARE YOU ALL!?

Edited by RedThirteen, 31 August 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#40 BeardedGlass

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

What PGI doesn't realize, is if enough of the people they claim are "On an Island" is that there is no land left for them, And they are left to drown in their own ocean of lies and cover-ups.

Edited by BeardedGlass, 31 August 2013 - 05:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users