2 replies to this topic

#1 Kneipenboxer

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

Dear Programming-Team,

is it possible, that there is a problem with the damage rekognition of srm6-launchers in the game?
I have the following Mechbuild:

Catapult A1 with 6x SRM6-Launchers and a alpha-strike-damage-potentiol of 72 damage points

I come to the conclusion that there might be a fault in the damage rekognition because it happend several imes during a game, that I hit an enemy with all 6 launchers from point blank and the result tableau at the end of a game round showed an amount of damage of only around 150 damagepoints dealt.
In the last game, I hit an raven mech from point blank. Although the raven-mech was destroyed by that SRM6-Salvo, the end-tableau showed only 7 (!!!) damagepoints dealt by me in this round.

Therefor my question, if there might be an programming fault?

Please excuse my bad english. I am no native english speaker.

Greetings

PS to the programmers: MWO is a great game. I already spent some real Euro on it and didn't regret it.
You are doing a great programming job. Keep on the good work. The only mistake (in my opinion) was the introduction of heat penalty and the damage distribution of Sreak-Missiles conentrating to less on the center torso and therefor being pretty much useless.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

Yep, they are aware of the hit detection problems.

SRMs have some of the worst detection, especially on light mechs.

Although 150 damage is pretty low, did you make sure to fire under 270 M only? Over that and the missiles self-destruct.

#3 AnnoyingCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Locationcat planet for cats

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

YOU FIRED POINT BLANK AND DIDN'T BLOW YOUR OWN HEAD OFF?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users