Is There Any Active Mwo League? Support The Leagues!

12 replies to this topic

#1 AV 4 T 4 R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Hello guys,

My merc corp wished for a long time to join a league, planetary or just competitive ladder style.
But we suffered a problem, everytime we tried to join a league we discovered it has been closed, or the maximum limit of team was already reached, or we have been put in a queue waiting for subscription approval for months.

Right now we put our eyes on Proxis but we discovered from Multitallented (the creator) that Season 2 has ended and it is not sure if there will be a Season 3.

We tried to join RHOD ( created by TheMagician) and no one never opened us the door.

What are the problems in organizing a league and support it? Why those league collapse or close and there is no way to support it?

I could be personally interested also in subscribe my merc corp under payment (5$? 10$? 15$?) I dont care, but what we cannot find is the "offer".

There is "no league", or just the 1 or 2 that I've discovered like "LMS" or "Marik planetary league" have a so difficult website to browse that is almost impossibile understand the rules and where to start.

So I open this thread to analyze with the community what is lacking right now, or what would you like a League to have, and why it is so difficult to "start a league" all together.

Let's start your opinion :)

#2 grayson marik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

In my experience the worst part is to get the 12v12 barrier for the teams and of course the sync drop issue.
The only single and mostly breaking point is MWO lacking a true team lobby thing for organized matches.

I found a lot of people interested in playing in a league but most of them where either groups < 12 or only 12 to 20 people, that could not have such big teams online so often.

Long story short, its MWO's fault.

#3 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

MWO doesn't really support league play, a shame really. This could have been THE league game of the MW series.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

It is easier to play in leagues in MW:LL , and as far as i know a new league is being organized indeed.

#5 Moku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

You probably should of monitored this section when each league would advertise their new season signup. I believe last month several of the leagues had signups.

#6 tommilator

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationZealand, Denmark

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Even if you find a league about to kick off, MWO does not currently support organised games, and probably wont before PGI find a way to monetize the private game lobbies.

The fact that leagues have managed to run is evidence of the great enthusiasm and patience of the participants.

I'm afraid I haven't found MWO worthy of that kind of commitment yet. But I hope they'll pick up the pace after launch and start delivering the tools needed for the community to start their own CW.

Maybe this is part of the reason lobbies haven't happened, as it would give the matchmaker a lot less to work with and "split" the community as much as 1pv/3pv queues and regional servers.

#7 Jesoo_Creesto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

I won't play any league until these 3 important things are implemented.

1 - Separate queues for 1PV and 3PV (don't want to play in a league against players using 3PV).
2 - Lobbies and/or private matches system.
3 - Custom player number in a match (5 vs 5 / 7 vs 7 / 8 vs 8 or 10 vs 10)

ATM this game doesn't have this features, so I'm not gonna support leagues on this game.

Edited by Starch1ld, 11 September 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#8 Sir Trent Howell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Marik, LMS and RHOD are the best you're going to get right now. They are all competently run. If you have trouble with the rules just ask the admins, they have all proven fair and capable.

#9 Vercinix

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

I would message Antonius Rex at http://marikcivilwarseason2.enjin.com/ and check out that competition - he already has a set of rules build in case the competition picked up teams mid season.

#10 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

Run Hot or Die is currently in Season 2 playoffs and is wrapping up in the next 2 weeks, so keep an eye out for announcements for Season 3.

Marik Civil War also wraps up in about 2-3 weeks. There will likely be a Season 3.

For those of you who don't have 12 mans, but can field 4-man comp teams, there is also the new Corporate Warfare, which enables smaller groups to play in a semi-competitive environment. Check it out at cw.qqmercs.com. Sign-ups are under way and the league is waiting to fill the teams to get going in the next couple of weeks.

#11 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

Play in inner sphere wars, it's a good planetary league that's fairly easy to get into.

http://innerspherewars.eu/

#12 Firenze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

The thing is most leagues are right at their end points for this season. What I would do is start looking soon (Within a month) for league sign ups. The leagues should be kicking back into gear soonish I believe, so dont worry too much. Once you find one, make sure you get in ASAP. Slots do seem to fill up fast.

#13 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:03 AM

View Posttommilator, on 11 September 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Even if you find a league about to kick off, MWO does not currently support organised games, and probably wont before PGI find a way to monetize the private game lobbies.

The fact that leagues have managed to run is evidence of the great enthusiasm and patience of the participants.

I'm afraid I haven't found MWO worthy of that kind of commitment yet. But I hope they'll pick up the pace after launch and start delivering the tools needed for the community to start their own CW.

Maybe this is part of the reason lobbies haven't happened, as it would give the matchmaker a lot less to work with and "split" the community as much as 1pv/3pv queues and regional servers.

I see you fully understand PGI... if we can't monetize it... we ain't doing it.

Edited by FuDawg, 20 May 2016 - 12:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users