Community QNA 1 - Ask the questions
Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:07 PM
I am curious about the philosophy that you at PG and such are pursuing in this.
EG; what "skills" should be given strictly to the in-game avatar, and why.
I am also curious on where you draw the dividing line on these skills on what to give the avatar to do and what to give the player to do.
Thanks for wading into our posts and thanks for your time.
Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:15 PM
In another, recent thread, the topic of the spawn system came up. I responded as follows:
I'd kind of like to see field commanders be able to choose where to land, say, a Colossus, and then have it be able to provide some sort of defense while sitting there, giving players a firm point to spawn from. On top of that, I'd like to see lances/individuals have the option to use something like a Leopard to swoop in over a specific area and drop in case spawning in the Colossus isn't viable. Both drop points could be chosen World in Conflict-style to give players a fairly-sized area to pick from.
In the spirit of that idea, I'd like to ask how will spawns work in a battle? -- Will we have a central base (when defending) or primary dropship (when attacking) to spawn from? Will we be able to spawn nearby from a smaller dropship if together with a lance or if going lone wolf?
Edited by Dinasis, 12 November 2011 - 06:15 PM.
Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:26 PM
Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:23 PM
Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:55 PM
Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:33 PM
Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:55 PM
Edited by Seth, 13 November 2011 - 07:53 PM.
Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:31 PM
A. You will be able to customize your load out, decals, paint job and equipment. But when it comes to armor, weapons and accessories please refer to the previous question and answer.
Quote above is one from the FAQ. My questions are as follows based on the answer given to the quoted question.
1. What is meant by Loadout in this case? To many people this would mean the weapons armor, etc etc. Looking at the rest of the anser it says to refer to the question above which refers to vehicles. Based on that answer I can only assume that we won't have customization at launch, but would still like a definitive answer on the issue.
2. What do you mean by equipment?
3. What do you mean by accessories?
1. As the game starts in 3049 will the technology of that era that has been recovered from the Helm Memory Core also be fully available for use by us?
2. When will we see some actual ingame footage or pictures?
3. What difficulties have you had transferring the mechanics from the tabletop game to a PC game, and what mechanics have you had to change or modify?
4. Since this is a reboot, will history change ingame or do you mean reboot in the same way as a movie franchise is rebooted?
5. Do you believe that you can deliver the game in the timeframe you have posted(Summer 2012)? If so what stage of the development cycle are you in?
Edited by Black Sunder, 13 November 2011 - 07:32 PM.
Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:53 PM
I could ask about the game itself but we don't have much information since you are still in alpha stages.
I could ask about the Universe itself but it seems like you are willing to stay within the Canon which Mr Bills (line dev of Catalyst) breathed a sigh of relief.
So what can I ask about? I've read the FAQ which answered some but left other questions sitting there awaiting more than the "at this time" answers.
There is one thing I can ask. In this FAQ answer about a persistent enviroment this was your answer.
I notice you said border planets, but not anything else. In theory could the Davions have the ability to fight straight to Luthien and conquer it? If not how will you enforce such a design?
Will there be a Role Playing server versus a regular "I shoots it with my lasers" server?
Will merc units be able to subcontract other merc units?
What if a House falls? Say a lot of Davion players just rip the Capellans a new one and take all the worlds, will you let that happen?
It has been said that one real day will equal one game day. Aug 10 here will be Aug 10 in game. So for those that miss out on the big events, Big T or Luthien for example, will there be a way to play old moments for nostalgia sake?
Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:55 PM
2. Do your developers like Cake or Pie?
Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:11 AM
Will MWO provide a method for a unit to run dedicated field ops so these types of operations are still available to the pilots?
Will MWO present hosted solutions that can be run by the players, or will pvp engagements be strictly hosted by a "battle.net" or equivalent matchmaking?
Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:44 AM
In rebooting the Mechwarrior game what was the game designers rationale for the year 3049 being chosen?
Does this reboot of Mechwarrior open the possibility of new technologies and mechs not cannonically present in the tabletop game?-Are we to regard this reboot to be of just the game franchise or the fictional setting?
Edited by Nill Zenath, 14 November 2011 - 05:45 AM.
Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:08 AM
2. Is the persistant starmap gameplay compareable to the one of Multiplayer Battletech 3025?
Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:31 AM
How did it begin?
Who is it run by and how did they get ahold of you?
Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:38 AM
2) If single server, will players from other regions be able to join? (EU, Russian federation, Asia/Oceania?) What about ping/latency issues?
Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:48 AM
I can not tell you how excited many of us are about the reboot.
Two unrelated, but interesting to me.
1. I have an unrelenting burning love (not the kind you go to the doctor about) for the unseen/reseen. In a perfect world, since they are represented so heavily in all the 5 major houses, all of them would be included in the release. Sadly, this is a highly imperfect world and that probably will not happen.
QUESTION: Will you use project phoenix art to steer around any intellectual property issues?
2. I realize this is a reboot--and at the same time, it is human to consider all the MW games that have come before, and ponder what features "worked" or should be included and what should be different.
QUESTION: What did you like about the mod Mechwarrior: Living Legends that you thought should be borrowed for MWO?
Cheers, luck, and good fortune!
Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:15 AM
1) How is targeting being handled? And what is being done to prevent the alpha strike that has everything hit one location?
2) How the mech customization being handled? Variants only, limited custom, full custom?
3) Is there going to be a virtual economy? Parts rarity, certain mechs only easily available to certain factions, etc
4) Are mech able to be permanently destroyed- you'll have to pick up a new chassis instead of repair?
5) Will we be able to salvage parts instead of just their value in cbills?
Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:27 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users