#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hello everyone,

We are eager to see your feedback on the Dev Team's latest Command Chair update. Thanks!

Spoiler

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Sounds good!
The post is appreciated!
Looking forward to the revamp to flamers and the UAC5's

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 03 September 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#3 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

please tell us, when is the change for the pulse lasers coming? You said you are tweaking those. At the moment they really are nowhere...

My personal opinion: they should fire pulses constantly as long as you hold the trigger, like a machine gun. This would make them differ enough from the typical laser weapons. Basically no cooldown but same HPS and DPS as before.

Make the wubwubwubwubwub viable again please

Edited by TexAss, 03 September 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#4 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Wait, I don't understand this. We have a dev post detailing why changes were made in a timely fashion addressing community concerns. There's no fire or brimstone or levitating swine.... I'm confused and happy about this.

#5 Darius Deadeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostTexAss, on 03 September 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

please tell us, when is the change for the pulse lasers coming? You said you are tweaking those. At the moment they really are nowhere...

My personal opinion: they should fire pulses constantly as long as you hold the trigger, like a machine gun. This would make them differ enough from the typical laser weapons. Basically no cooldown but same HPS and DPS as before.

Make the wubwubwubwubwub viable again please

I use medium and small pulse lasers to great effect. Nothing wrong with them from what I can tell? Can't say about large.

Also, here's hoping flamers will become a useful and fairly common sight on the battlefield! :-) Not more damage, but give it purpose!

#6 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

Where does this testing you speak of occur? Steve knows you've not been utilising the test server environment to it's full potential...

I just had a 900+ dmg and 4 kills game with my dual gauss Ilya, so I can't really complain about the new GR. But then again, that was a PUG game and we still got stomped in the end so I'm not sure how it compares in higher level group play.

Overall, good on you for diversifying the weapon roles a bit. Now just pleasantly surprise me with the launch patch in 2 weeks and I'll happily p(l)ay your game another year :)

#7 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

No ... don't mess with UAC5's ... they are "fun" right now :-)

#8 Star Captain Brofist

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationI FEEL MY MANLY POWER SURGING

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

I usually **** post and complain, but this was actually a great patch and has taken the game out of the nose dive. You can snipe, but its not the dominant meta any longer.

I'm looking forward to increased ammuntion capacity for ballistic weapons and other little tweaks to help bring some under performing weapons (LBX) into the post HSR world. I still hope you reconsider ghost heat. This patch today did everything ghost heat intended to accomplish in a much more elegant, and interesting, way.

#9 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

an interesting implication of the new gauss mechanic is that even though the HP was buffed, it is still highly favorable to place them in arms rather than side torso - the delay will tend to overcome the coarse corrections typically possible using torso movement in anything other than idle/facing scenarios.

I've played a couple matches with it, and I *think* I like it. The way it charges along with the sound really makes you feel the power of the weapon better IMO.

#10 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

The Gauss Rifle change took some out-of-the-box thinking... let's see where other weapon changes might go?

#11 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

I really am a huge fan of this and the PPC changes (and yes, I use them, probably more than you who are about to ask me). Makes sniping feel like sniping... oh, and 2x Kudos on the Adv zoom module... or is that 4x? :)

#12 Stygian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationohio

i dig the new GR mechanics, though i also wish that ppc's would have something similar , maybe a .5 sec charge, or just a flat out delay as it "automatically charges " and fires also in the 8 or so games i;ve play HSR seems to be working great, that being said i still have game freezes quite often

#13 DeiPax

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

The hit detection is making the jenner I just picked up feel very fragile ... perhaps it is because I am new to the weight class. I am curious as to what veteran light pilots think of it.

#14 ObsidianSpectre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

I don't know why, but when I opened the post I still held hope that it'd say that ghost heat was being removed due to being a crazy, unneeded mechanic, especially now that PPCs have been nerfed into the ground.

#15 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Please revisit mediums and the lighter heavies (60 tonners) as well. They are still really easy to pop and take a very skilled/lucky pilot to be a threat even in PUGS.

#16 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostObsidianSpectre, on 03 September 2013 - 03:29 PM, said:

I don't know why, but when I opened the post I still held hope that it'd say that ghost heat was being removed due to being a crazy, unneeded mechanic, especially now that PPCs have been nerfed into the ground.

Since the patch, I had 3 (out of 5 drops) 600+ dmg rounds with over 5 kills and as many assists using a dual ER PPC K2. What is this nerf of which you speak?

#17 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

The charge mechanic added to the gauss rifle did absolutely nothing. All I have to do is lift my middle finger while pressing my index finger. It's a simple finger rolling action. My ERPPCs and Gauss are still firing together, just as they always have. Basically, it did NOTHING to uncouple them aside from make me prep for targets by a fraction of a second instead of twitch shooting with them. If anything it helped me take a split second the get my lead right for targets at range, making my 2xERPPC / Gauss build even more accurate. It didn't even affect my jump sniping. Charge on the way up, let off the jump jets, then the gauss trigger.

Foolish and ineffective change, same as always. At least your track record is untarnished in that respect...

#18 Punkass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Im glad to see PPC's heat generation is back to where it was. It only took months of suggesting it and an all out consumer revolt for the devs to get the memo.

#19 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

They're looking at looking at the Ultra/5? :)

#20 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for the update. Please keep the comms coming along with the explanations and reasoning why. Recent ppc and gauss changes look good on paper. Cannot wait to try it out

I would still like to see something to help mediums a bit more. As far as lights go, not sure that they need help. Maybe HSR and hit detection updates will help.

Edited by Rhinehardt Ritter, 03 September 2013 - 03:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users