15% Loyalty Bonus For Founders Mechs

232 replies to this topic

Poll: 15% loyalty bonus for Founder mechs (505 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you support the addition of a 15% loyalty bonus to the Founder mech linup?

1. Yes, 15% seems appropriate (283 votes [56.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.04%

2. No, I don't support adding a loyalty bonus (90 votes [17.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.82%

3. I like the loyalty bonus idea, but lower than 15% (70 votes [13.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.86%

4. I like the loyalty bonus idea, but greater than 15% (31 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

5. I really don't have an opinion either way on this issue. (31 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

I've mentioned this in a couple of other posts, so thought I should document it here in the correct forum.

Most of the Founder's mechs have lost their utility in the wake of Hero mechs, etc. Project Phoenix compounds that by inexplicably adding loyalty points (whatever that is) for CW involvement.

I propose that, as so much of the Founder investment was purely on faith without knowledge of what was to come in the future, and arguably the biggest show of loyalty to the IP and faith in PGI, that the Founder's mechs be granted a bonus with loyalty points.

Presently, the Project Phoenix heros come with a 30% cbill bonus and a 10% loyalty bonus.

Founders chassis receive a 25% cbill bonus. A 15% loyalty bonus could make them relevant again for CW, would provide an appropriate recognition of the faith that crowdfunded this thing, and would not in any way buff those mechs to make them more on the field than they are now.

Thanks!

Edit: Added a "no opinion" option per request.

Edited by Xtrekker, 18 September 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#2 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

Normally I would say no... but I do believe the founders deserve more.

#3 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

I asked this question to customer support as I felt kinda jipped that heroes and PP mechs have better bonuses than founders mechs.

The response was the mech are still viable to play and the 5% more cbills and 10% loyalty bonus isn't all that important so nothing was going to be changed

#4 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

10% seems fair. Just like Founders get 25% (and 30%) bonus on their 'mechs.

#5 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 13 September 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

The response was the mech are still viable to play and the 5% more cbills and 10% loyalty bonus isn't all that important so nothing was going to be changed

That's kind of funny. If it isn't that big of a deal, why add it? Or on the other hand, why not throw an apparently meaningless bone to a dwindling demographic to help renew faith (and increase confidence, which equals more $ for them)?

I was reading something earlier and, although completely unrelated to MWO, the practice holds true. http://www.copyblogg...promotions-tab/ I think IGP could learn a bit from point #2.

2. Focus on your most engaged customers

Every business has customers who are insane, crazed fans … and customers who tried something once but aren’t really all that connected.

(Except telecom companies. All of their customers hate them. If you’re not a telecom company, keep reading.)

You need to be giving more love to your rabid fans. Instead of appealing to the generic, lukewarm “mushy middle” of your audience — go for the ones who think you’re amazing. Feed the outliers. The most crazy-committed.

Instead of trying to write for everyone with a pulse, write for a narrow, well-defined, and passionate segment of your audience. And knock their socks off.

Whether your business is fountain pens or fitness or frog wrestling — there’s a sliver of your market that you serve incredibly well. Focus on that sliver, and make them even crazier about you.

Appropriate, no?

#6 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostXtrekker, on 13 September 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

That's kind of funny. If it isn't that big of a deal, why add it? Or on the other hand, why not throw an apparently meaningless bone to a dwindling demographic to help renew faith (and increase confidence, which equals more $ for them)?

I was reading something earlier and, although completely unrelated to MWO, the practice holds true. http://www.copyblogg...promotions-tab/ I think IGP could learn a bit from point #2.

2. Focus on your most engaged customers

Every business has customers who are insane, crazed fans … and customers who tried something once but aren’t really all that connected.

(Except telecom companies. All of their customers hate them. If you’re not a telecom company, keep reading.)

You need to be giving more love to your rabid fans. Instead of appealing to the generic, lukewarm “mushy middle” of your audience — go for the ones who think you’re amazing. Feed the outliers. The most crazy-committed.

Instead of trying to write for everyone with a pulse, write for a narrow, well-defined, and passionate segment of your audience. And knock their socks off.

Whether your business is fountain pens or fitness or frog wrestling — there’s a sliver of your market that you serve incredibly well. Focus on that sliver, and make them even crazier about you.

Appropriate, no?

Pretty much and it's complete Bullsh**t as well.

If it wasn't important than they never would of said "hmmm we give founders 25% cbills.. how bout we make the new hero mechs 30% cbills?"

Than "hmmm we give heroes 30% cbills how about the new PP mechs get 10% loyalty points as well?"

It's all a way to get you to buy the new mechs by obsoleting your old ones.

#7 JeepStuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

While I would totally love this and would be grateful for it, I voted "no" because the Founders transaction is complete and everything we paid for has already been delivered. I do not expect the founders mechs (or any mechs for that matter) to be viable forever. If they want to very gradually obsolete equipment to keep the game fresh and prevent it from stagnating, I fully support that. I think buying ANYTHING anywhere in the world and expecting it to last forever is just being unrealistic, in my opinion. Sorry.

#8 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

Founders who didnt buy a project phoenix pack shouldnt get anything. They already got what they paid for.

Founders who bought ANY project phoenix pack, already get a founders cockpit item, but IMO that item should give +5% cbills and +12.5% loyalty to any founders mech its equipped on. That would make it equivalent to a phoenix mech.

That actually makes the founders cockpit item worth using, where before it was just inferior to a loyalty medallion in every way, which was a slap in the face to founders who continued to support the game.

Edited by Khobai, 14 September 2013 - 04:09 AM.

#9 Darius Deadeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

I'm not a founder myself, but seeing as how many founders backed a game that is unlikely going to become what they expected, they deserve to be rewarded by different means.

I hardly ever see any of the founders mechs in play, and that seems at odds with original intent.

#10 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostDarius Deadeye, on 14 September 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

I'm not a founder myself, but seeing as how many founders backed a game that is unlikely going to become what they expected, they deserve to be rewarded by different means.

I hardly ever see any of the founders mechs in play, and that seems at odds with original intent.

I agree. I don't think it's fair that the ones who paid so much our of simple faith, and basically gave PGI the money boost they needed to get this game rolling, get ignored like this. The founders paid for special 'Mechs that are not so special anymore. We basically got screwed. To the ones that said we got what we paid for, maybe so, but that was then and this is now. We have paid for an exclusive bonus that at the times, were the only ones to have. The game isn't even released yet and the only special and exclusive advantage we had has been made obsolete by something that any new player can buy. I think this is bs.

Edited by Tweaks, 14 September 2013 - 06:06 AM.

#11 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostTweaks, on 14 September 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

I agree. I don't think it's fair that the ones who paid so much our of simple faith, and basically gave PGI the money boost they needed to get this game rolling, get ignored like this. The founders paid for special 'Mechs that are not so special anymore. We basically got screwed. To the ones that said we got what we paid for, maybe so, but that was then and this is now. We have paid for an exclusive bonus that at the times, were the only ones to have. The game isn't even released yet and the only special and exclusive advantage we had has been made obsolete by something that any new player can buy. I think this is bs.

Pretty much this, I started as an elite founder because I wanted the Founder Catapult (probably my favorite IS mech of all time) but as I played closed beta I was like well the Atlas is kinda fun I wouldn't mind having an Atlas that gave me extra C-bills, than the other two quickly fell into place for extra c-bills as well.

THan the heroes rolled out, I got a Illya with my founders MC and that turned into my go to C-bill grinder. I had mastered the illya and had an extra 40k XP on it before I even had my Jenner or Atlas basic'd. They're not BAD mechs it's still an Atlas/Jenner/Hunch/Cata. Just when I need C-bills I use a hero instead of my original founders machines. Makes me sad

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 14 September 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#12 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

I'm against it. Leave my mech alone. We got what we paid for and that's good enough for me. If you want a loyality bonus, buy a phoenix mech. If you want to show off your foundes status, come with a founders mech.

Edited by 627, 14 September 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#13 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

View Post627, on 14 September 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

I'm against it. Leave my mech alone. We got what we paid for and that's good enough for me. If you want a loyality bonus, buy a phoenix mech. If you want to show off your foundes status, come with a founders mech.

We can arleady show our founder's status by checking the box in the options to show our founders tag in the scoreboard. The founders 'Mechs themselves are not different enough physically (geometry does not differ from standard variants as opposed to the Phoenix variants that do), and the skin is now barely noticeable.

It just doesn't mean anything anymore to walk around in a Founders 'Mech and the game is not even released yet. The new Phoenix package is cooler, has better bonuses and is all around better than the standard variants. They are basically Hero 'Mechs with an added bonus. So, what's left for founders? Barely nothing more than a tag that does nothing concrete and doesn't even show on our 'Mechs.

If only we had our own decal...

Edited by Tweaks, 14 September 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#14 van Uber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 284 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

I don't need any added bonus to my mechs, but PGI could definitely benefit from the PR and goodwill it would mean to throw a small bone to the Founders.

#15 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

To make them equal to phoenix mechs - yes. More? No, that would not be fair.

The founders 'Mechs themselves are not different enough physically (geometry does not differ from standard variants as opposed to the Phoenix variants that do), and the skin is now barely noticeable.

The design of the Catapult IS different. The founder one is the most beautiful one ingame. And the One-Eyed Atlas is unique too...

Edited by Galen Crayn, 14 September 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#16 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Why should founders get a special bonus? You had a good deal already.
Otherwise also Hero Mechs should receive the loyalty bonus, because, man, I bought some heroes and they should be viable, too... :)

#17 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostGalen Crayn, on 14 September 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

To make them equal to phoenix mechs - yes. More? No, that would not be fair.

The design of the Catapult IS different. The founder one is the most beautiful one ingame. And the One-Eyed Atlas is unique too...

Yeah sorry, scratch that. I forgot they had minor differences and didn't notice them on my Jenners. My bad...

View PostDemos, on 14 September 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Why should founders get a special bonus? You had a good deal already.
Otherwise also Hero Mechs should receive the loyalty bonus, because, man, I bought some heroes and they should be viable, too... :)

Because Founders bought those packages especially because they were the only ones that were going to have those bonuses. We felt special to PGI thanks to this, and felt it was a way for them to say thank you for spending money on their game even though it was still in beta. We're just not so special anymore now that the "little brother" is out, and will actually be made obsolete.

If I had known that PGI would release better 'Mech packages with better bonuses than the founders, I would have never bought founders in the first place and would have just waited for those instead. I just feel like I bought "last year's model" now... (which is technically true, but you know what I mean).

As for Hero 'Mechs, they are just another variant with a cool paint-job. They were never meant to have special bonuses, and neither do I think they should.

Edited by Tweaks, 14 September 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#18 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Regarding we "got what we paid for", we had no idea what we were getting. We had no reference for the value of things other than what we were told. We walked into the game, site unseen, many of us dropped $120 on the barrel and said show us what you've got. And it was much different than many of us anticipated with lots of promises for the future, which still as of yet have not been fulfilled.

With Phoenix, you know what the maps are, you know what the game feels like, you have a general idea what the mech is going to play like, and you generally know what to expect. You have an idea about the value you expect to receive from your money. You're also getting Heros, standards, I assume mechbays for all, premium time, higher cbill bonus, a loyalty bonus, and colors that you can transfer to other mechs. Ok, sure, that's fine.

When they came out with the Heros, I don't think any of the Founders expected that the cbill bonus would instantly be outclassed by unique variants. Our variants just replaced the prime setup. It had different colors, something that was not available as it is now. We knew nothing of the economy or what a cbill or "mechwarrior credit" was actually worth, other than "it's enough to buy around 15 medium mechs" (as I recall). And we were very much reminded of what this would mean for us at launch. Even prior to Phoenix, all of this has been moot for months. In other words, we paid for something special that was only special in closed beta.

For the most part, yeah, you pretty much don't see any Founders mechs in-game now. I see one every now and then, and I love it when they do well, even against me. And it is sad that we are just about to release and there is nothing on the field that says "hey, that's one of the closed beta guys". People that threw in their lot and a whole crapload of money on faith alone.

This poll is simply a suggestion to reflect that loyalty with something appropriate, a loyalty bonus. Not asking for supermechs. I just want to see the old Founders mechs have some relevance in the days to come.

Edited by Xtrekker, 14 September 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#19 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

LOL at you deluded founders that still think PGI is catering for you in any way. Given their course and atttitude towards founders what makes you think they're willing to give us anything at this point?

Just come to accept that you've been had and move on.

#20 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Voted yes, but I do not think that PGI really cares about the founders anymore, they already have your money...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users