15% Loyalty Bonus For Founders Mechs

232 replies to this topic

Poll: 15% loyalty bonus for Founder mechs (505 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you support the addition of a 15% loyalty bonus to the Founder mech linup?

1. Yes, 15% seems appropriate (283 votes [56.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.04%

2. No, I don't support adding a loyalty bonus (90 votes [17.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.82%

3. I like the loyalty bonus idea, but lower than 15% (70 votes [13.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.86%

4. I like the loyalty bonus idea, but greater than 15% (31 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

5. I really don't have an opinion either way on this issue. (31 votes [6.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

I'm not sure if Founders need a loyalty bonus... but considering that the PP mechs are essentially a variation of the Founders mechs, it stands to reason Founders mechs should be getting 30% c-bills instead of the 25% they get.

Loyalty points are still a nebulous thing at the moment, so asking for something you don't have any value for yet is kinda counterproductive.

#42 Thuzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 13 September 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

I asked this question to customer support as I felt kinda jipped that heroes and PP mechs have better bonuses than founders mechs.

The response was the mech are still viable to play and the 5% more cbills and 10% loyalty bonus isn't all that important so nothing was going to be changed

Why would they do that? PGI has been pretty open in it's relentless drive to get more people buying MC, even if it means alienating customers. I thought the last economy nerf was pretty clear about that.

Seriously, 7 dollar Christmas lights.... 'nuff said.

#43 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostXtrekker, on 18 September 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Done, sir.

Thank you kindly. =)

#44 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:00 PM

But how can Founders be rightfully associated with loyality bonus, if 50 % of them have already stopped playing MW:O?

#45 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

I want Phoenix skins for my Founder's mechs and vice versa!

#46 Flying Blind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 776 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

No one seems to remember that founders mechs get more than just 25% cbill bonus, they also get +25% xp. How much of an xp boost do hero or PP/saber mechs get? Oh yeah: none, zero, nada, zilch, 0. You may not care for the xp boost but it is there and it is something only the founders variants give you.

Oh but I'm a founder, I'm special, I'm the royalty of this here community and I should be given the best of everything forever and always because I made a fairly normal size purchase back when the game started. You people with this attitude make me sick.
Founders mechs are in no way obsolete. I can jump I'm any of them and go have a good game anytime.

Get over yourselves.

By the way, I have continued to spend money on this game and plan to continue to do so. I'm not even close to rich, I'm a mechanic so I don't make that much. I'm over a grand into this game, loving every minute of it and having no regrets. I bought Overlord PP pack and the saber pack, I own every mech, including all the heroes and Sarah's, I buy MC regularly, have 100 mech bays, and I add to my collection happily every month.

Founder me hs don't need loyalty bonus, founders are not owed anything, stop acting like entitled spoilt children. You want loyalty bonus for your mechs? BUY IT!

#47 Kyle Reece

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostFlying Blind, on 19 September 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

No one seems to remember that founders mechs get more than just 25% cbill bonus, they also get +25% xp.

Really? When does mine get back dated?

#48 Flying Blind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 776 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostKyle Reece, on 19 September 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Really? When does mine get back dated?

ZOMG! you are right. That's really odd. I very specifically remember they were supposed to get 25% xp also. Seems some others agree with me based on a thread I found from a long time ago but it seems we were just misunderstanding a poorly worded advertisement.

Still, we got what we paid for with our founders program. I would sure appreciate pgi throwing us a bone with some loyalty love but I don't think they owe it to us.

My above statements are still valid despite this one inaccuracy.

#49 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Next I guess you are going to ask for more premium time or how about more MC or perhabs it will be JJ's on all founders mechs?

In all fairness you already got what you paid for when you bought the founder packs, times are changing and the world keeps moving, now they are selling phoenix packs and if you want in on that I suggest buying one of the packages instead of wanting your, now more than a 2 year old, accounts to be buffed all the time.

Edit: I am not trying to step on anyone here - but demanding rewards based on previously bought items seems to me like saying you want the new Playstation for free when it comes out based on the fact that you bought the one before that - It simply makes no sense to me :b

Edited by 0okami, 19 September 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#50 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostKhobai, on 14 September 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

Founders who didnt buy a project phoenix pack shouldnt get anything. They already got what they paid for.

Founders who bought ANY project phoenix pack, already get a founders cockpit item, but IMO that item should give +5% cbills and +12.5% loyalty to any founders mech its equipped on. That would make it equivalent to a phoenix mech.

That actually makes the founders cockpit item worth using, where before it was just inferior to a loyalty medallion in every way, which was a slap in the face to founders who continued to support the game.

I like this Idea. But ONLY if the item is equipped in an actual founders mech.

That means no 35% cbill /22,5% loyalty Phoenix mechs, just to be sure we agree :(

#51 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I have no objection to this.

But I also think founders shouldn't expect it or feel "entitled" to it, due to the fact that they had a great many advantages over those that didn't opt-in to the founders program.

#52 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

No. You got what you paid for. Stop behaving like you own PGI.

#53 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

I would prefer it if the Founder mechs were nerfed into the ground, so someone would sell me their Founder Catapult.

I'm going to die a bitter man if I never get that mech.

#54 Oinkage

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

I'm a founder that understands that PGI needs to continually bring new products to the table that they can sell and will keep cash flowing into the company. Giving away loyalty point bonus free to founders is not a good idea. If you want a loyalty bonus you should buy it from the new product offering. The Phoenix Package. Our founders mechs allowed us to grind out a lot of cBills over the last 10 months (many millions for me). That was the benefit. We knew that going in. If PGI starts giving grind reduction away free, then MWO will not be sustainable over time. I'd like to see the game still around in 10 years.

#55 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Not just the founders suffer from this, all hero mech purchasers too. You pay around 30 dollars for a mech like HeavyMetal or Misery, then bam they release PP with mechs for less than $20 a piece that have same C-bill bonus plus a Loyalty bonus. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

#56 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Founder mechs AND Hero mechs and i would have sympathized.

But not like this.

You got your package and it was a good deal.

I would still buy a Founders package but i travelled Asia back than so no regrets.

#57 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

This would be a nice gesture from PGI.

Save it for CW and bring some founders back :D

#58 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

View Post0okami, on 19 September 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Next I guess you are going to ask for more premium time or how about more MC or perhabs it will be JJ's on all founders mechs?

Not sure if loyalty to Founder mechs deserves your unreasonably spiteful objection. They were meh variants to begin with (excepting the Jenny) -- they clone the prime variant, unlike Heros. They were quite openly sold as something that would be relevant at launch. You don't get the "latest and greatest" in Battletech, you get different with minor exceptions until we see Clans. There is no reason any of these variants should not be on the field today. But they aren't. It's a waste of artwork.

I just wanted to give the mechs a purpose. It's sad to see the Founder lineup mothballed before launch even came along. They wouldn't get anything different. They would get a reason to use them in spite of their limitations. It's a conceptual thing, not a gimme thing. It's a matter of what they (the mechs) represent to the game.

#59 Emeere

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

I voted yes, but only because a 'Loyalty' Bonus seems to be a logical thing to have on Founders mechs. Note how I said logical, not because they 'deserve it' or they're getting cheated out. Because I'm sorry, Founders. You aren't being cheated in the slightest.

You bought into a beta. No where in the Founders deal was there a promise upcoming mechs or mech packages would be better then yours. You knew exactly what you were buying into, A Beta. Site Unseen.

That being said, Loyal Customers should logically get a Loyalty bonus.

#60 Robin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 337 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

We got what we paid for. End of story. We helped with getting this ball rolling and that's good. If you want different/new perks, buy the new packages as they are introduced (as I did, with the Phoenix Overlord + Saber).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users