Playing MechWarrior 3 At the moment to pass the time.

55 replies to this topic

#41 H E Pennypacker

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPutumayo Changing Room

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostSkulls n Guns, on 14 June 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

I also have MechCommander 1, I haven't tried it yet though on Win7.

Anybody else get that Madcat at the end of mission 3?

Don't bother with the installer on Vista/Win7. Just copy the DATA directory and root files from the CD to your hard drive, then make a shortcut to the EXE. The only bug I've noticed is the graphics sometimes glitch while in the mechlab, but you can just go to the main menu and then return to the game to fix it.

I'm playing through it now and did salvage the Mad Cat.... took way more attempts than I care to count. Single large artillery strike to the cockpit - all weapons intact! :(

#42 Skulls n Guns

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostH E Pennypacker, on 14 June 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Don't bother with the installer on Vista/Win7. Just copy the DATA directory and root files from the CD to your hard drive, then make a shortcut to the EXE. The only bug I've noticed is the graphics sometimes glitch while in the mechlab, but you can just go to the main menu and then return to the game to fix it.

I'm playing through it now and did salvage the Mad Cat.... took way more attempts than I care to count. Single large artillery strike to the cockpit - all weapons intact! :blink:

Alright! It dose take a while, but it's worth it :(

Edited by Skulls n Guns, 14 June 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#43 Fynn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationUnited KIngdom

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

cheers for those links bud, all working now (except rainbowed coloured mechs..........lol)

#44 Skulls n Guns

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostSquigles, on 14 June 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

http://www.mediafire...9e9hq9ytd2cy5zo

There be the patches for MW3....half the time it takes an age for the MW3.org guys to approve your account so you can get at the downloads.

Obviously the instructions are from another page...but there ya go.

1 Download 1.2 patch from the top of this page
http://www.mechwarri...ess/?page_id=35
2. http://www.mechwarri...opic.php?t=3510 The 2nd to last post on this page has a file called MW3Loader, download and use that to run the game, it stops random crashes and from vehicles bouncing in the air. To see and download the fil you must create an account and log in. This works best in 1024x768
3. If you have an ATI card and you get blockypotions of graphics sticking on the screen without refreshing install this patch to fix it. Its a problem with Z buffer support on ATI cards. http://www.mechwarri...4948&highlight=

And If you can't get an account, I re-hosted the loader file:
http://www.4shared.c...3Loader001.html

Edited by Skulls n Guns, 15 June 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#45 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

Finally got MechWarrior 3 working on Windows 7 (64bit Pro). Here are my settings.

Compatability: Windows XP SP3

Game: Self-Shading=Off, everything else On or High, 8MB textures, 1024x768. Theme/music set to Off (This stops the game from accessing the CD for the Music.)

Video card settings.

Vertical Sync. Force ON. (eliminates bouncing APC's, broken physics)
Ambient Occlusion=Off
Anisotropic Filtering=Off
AA Gamma Correction=ON
AA Mode=Enhance the Application Setting
AA Setting= 8x
AA Transparency 8x Supersample
Max pre-rendered frames=4
Negative LOD bias= Allow
Texture Filtering=high quality
Threaded Optimization=Auto
Triple Buffering=On

Note: There is no AA in MW3. Setting AA to "Enhance the App's Setting" seemed to eliminate an occasional CTD.

This is on a Nvidia 550 TI 1GB DDR5.

Only bugs are rare APC jumping and an occasional crash if I watch the mission intro video, but quitting to the main game page after viewing the intro and then going back to launch mission eliminates this.

(gets Pirate's Moon from secret niche in wall.......) :D

Edited by Lightfoot, 15 June 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#46 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yep. Pirates Moon works fine too with the above settings, except that it dosen't see the USB Joystick's Throttle. It's an old bug that Zipper was going to fix, but Microsoft pulled the plug on MW3 because MW4 was about to come out.

#47 Kristia DyreWolf Owen

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

ok, here is my question. I got MW3 working fine on my XP machine, but when I installed MW3 pirates moon, the jump jets will not work right... I try to jump, and I automatically fall. the regular mw3, i can jump all day....... ideas?

#48 StuPuff

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

View PostH E Pennypacker, on 14 June 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

I'm playing through it now and did salvage the Mad Cat.... took way more attempts than I care to count. Single large artillery strike to the cockpit - all weapons intact! :)

how do you use the expansion? what folder do you make etc...?

#49 H E Pennypacker

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostStuPuff, on 20 July 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

how do you use the expansion? what folder do you make etc...?

Do you mean for Desperate Measures? I don't think you need to make a separate folder. You do need to use a MechCommander Gold CD though. Let me verify that though... don't think I've actually played the Desperate Measures campaign in a long, long time.

#50 H E Pennypacker

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

I started up a Desperate Measures campaign without issue. So, just dump the contents of the Gold CD into a directory of your choosing.

Also, note that you'll need to readjust the difficulty level everytime you start the game as it resets to Easy. (Unless that's what you want of course.) I'm sure it's because a registry key is missing from skipping the proper install.

#51 Blood Legacy

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

For anyone out there who is having issues with the MW3 bouncing APC bug or any other issues running the game in Windows 7. These are all the suggested fixes I found when researching the issue. I had tried all individually with little result, but when done in this order I now have a flawlessly running MW3 install on my Windows 7 x64 machine. (AMD Phenom II 975, Radeon 5850CF,).

1. First, clean install the game.
2. Then install the 1.2 patch (google it)
3. If you are using a Radeon card then download the radeon fix file mentioned earlier in this thread and extract to your mw3 directory. Then run the MW3patchddraw executable.
4. Download the MW3Loader file mentioned earlier in this thread (available here: http://www.4shared.c...3Loader001.html) and extract to your MW3 directory. make a shortcut to the loader executable for launching.
5. In your MW3 directory make sure to set compatibility mode of the mw3 executable to windows 98.
6. Make sure to set wait for vertical refresh or vertical sync is set to always on in your graphics card settings.
7. Download cpu grabber here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ljy1g44odjg
8. Run cpu grabber at least 80% and click start. I had to set it to 99%, which had it maxing one core which then triggered core leveling causing an overal 25% cpu load on my system. **This is really important, it seems the more you can slow your system down the better the game plays. I also turned off crossfire and underclocked my gpu to the lowest settings.
9. USe the loader to launch the game.
10. Set graphics to hardware render, and max all settings except self-shaders which should be off.
11. Enjoy some Mech 3 goodness while waiting for MWO ^_^

Some notes:

The radeon fix file can be tough to get. You have to get access to the mech3project forums which sometimes can take awhile. I created an account today and got approved today, but i've heard that sometimes it takes weeks for the admins to approve your account. I have the file if you PM me I'll try to get it to you.

Dont forget to turn CPU grabber off when you're done playing!

With the theory being that slowing your system down stabilizes the game, it may prove beneficial to try and underclock your cpu, but I did not have to do this and do not recommend playing with cpu settings unless you know what you are doing.

Hope this helps anyone out there getting frustrated. I know I was about to give up when I finally got it working right.

-Blood

Edited by Blood Legacy, 12 August 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#52 Ry0uSh1n

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

Ok, so I also think I managed to get MW3 working on windows 7 32bit. With an Nvidia GT210 card.

Note before any tweaks I had rainbow colors all over, jump jets crash in training and the colision crash to desktop.

Open NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL
add mech3.exe

Ambient Occulsion - Not supported
Anisotropic Filtering - Off
Anitalising - Gamma - Off
Anitalising - Mode - Off
Anitalising - Setting - None
Anitalising - Transparency - Off
Cuda - GPUS - use global setting
Max pre-rendered frames - 4
multi display/mixed-GPU accel - use global
power management - use global
Texture - anisotropic sample - off
texture negative lod - allow
texture quality - high
texture - trilinear - on
thread - auto
trip buff - on
texture anisotropic filer - off

Download CPUgrab from Blood Legacy's post or this link copied from said post http://www.mediafire.com/?ljy1g44odjg

run cpugrab set to 80% and press start

I do not have any compatibility settings set and have tried running in all display sizes. Jump Jets work, no bouncing apc's, and the CTD when crashing into anything..

Note I have yet tried any settings of any sort with Pirates moon as I have not come into any problems as of yet. I hope this helps for anyone still wishing to play mw3.

Edit : Forgot to mention this is with the 1.2 patch.

Edited by Ry0uSh1n, 13 August 2012 - 03:07 AM.

#53 Geeblerful

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

Only problem I've been having with Mech 3 is (Other than bouncing APCs of course) that it feels like I'm playing the game while sitting in a massage chair set on high. Sounds stutter and everything feels shaky, the game is playable but not really ideal and very annoying.

#54 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

MW3 is the best game so far.

#55 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostSkulls n Guns, on 15 June 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

And If you can't get an account, I re-hosted the loader file:
http://www.4shared.c...3Loader001.html

Skull you saved the day i haveing MW3 for a half year but i couldnt download the MW3 Loader so the tanks and me where flying everywhere and i was unabel to play it but now its working thank you thank you very much ;)

#56 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:10 AM

Oh.. can't get mechwarrior 3 playable.

i can run it, i can start campaign or instant action.
But! everything stutter and mouse doesnt move reticle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users