Sound Distortion/popping/crackling

89 replies to this topic

#81 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

New problem is new, and has nothing to do with the old one. New people were adding that they heard stuff only at certain times after the last couple of patches, which would be the new problem, not the old one. And it's not just a new symptom either -- I never had a sound problem before the last couple of patches. No static, no distortion, no popping, no crackling. I still don't have any of those -- I just have the problem directly related to player disconnections only. Please try to understand the difference.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 16 November 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#82 Katkon

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

I too am experiencing the crackling/popping issue. Doesn't matter whether I use my headset or a surround sound speaker set up (going through anAV receiver) - still crackles/pops. Seems most prevalent at the beginning of matches, but is noticeable. Doesn't happen with any other games or PC applications, just MWO. Don't know if HW is relevant but rig is a 3570K with safe/stable OC at 4.5 GHz, 16GB RAM, 240G SSD and a Titan GPU on Windows 7 64 bit. Runs brlliantly on max settings - except for the sound.

#83 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

After UI2.0 comes out there will be a select box to disable the crackles/distortion if you buy premium time. :wub:

#84 Besterino

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostLoc Nar, on 02 December 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

After UI2.0 comes out there will be a select box to disable the crackles/distortion if you buy premium time. :)

LOL!

Until then, I recently switched from my realtec onboard codec + Sennheiser PC350 to the Logitech G930 Headset (with USB-sound-thingy) and, knock on wood, the sound errors with many mechs nearby seem to be gone. Weird. Will investigate / watch...err...listen further and let you know. Could be, I just can't hear them anymore because sound with the G930 is totally different from the former setup (way more bass).

Edit: Ah nevermind. It's still there, simply sounds a bit different with the new headset - that's probably why I didn't notice it right away.

Edited by Besterino, 09 December 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#85 Black Ninja

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

crackling here too since day one :-( make it go away please my ears are bleeding!

realtek audio hd

#86 Red Scorpion

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

I just came back after a 1 month hiatus and I had the same issue. Fixed it real quick too. It caused desynch, lag in mechlab and framerate issues in game. The problems rated from worst to not so bad in that order. Crackling each lag "plink" I call them.

64bit vista dual core yadda yadda.

I went into task manager > processes > right click MWOClient(or the patcher, either works but I suggest patcher) > Set Affinity > clicked CPU 1 checkbox off.

Shortly after my firewall asked me if it wanted to "continue blocking MWO client" (I forgot exactly what the wording was, only comes up once) and I told it not to block it.

I assume it works off the two CPU processes and to run the game once on each CPU process you have to see if the blocker pops up. Never assume it's done blocking when it asks.

It fixed everything as soon as I did it. Might be a cause for desynch issues. I'll know later tonight - bookmarking to update when aussies come on and see if I get booted every game like I used to.

#87 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

My music production rig is also my gaming rig. No audio issues on my monitors going through a USB Focusrite audio interface. If somebody could test between onboard sound and a sound card, that might help from a troubleshooting standpoint. It probably has something to do with how the codec/driver is handling the audio since I haven't seen any audio-specific changes in the patch notes, but you never know. A lot of companies will only put in the notes what was seen in the field, and things found internally will go unknown by the masses.

#88 Emma Wolf

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:50 AM

View PostSanken, on 16 September 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

But somehow I tend to get the bug more often if I have a browser up and running
(more so if the browser windows have flash in it). Happens on IE, FF and Chrome

Thanks for the idea with the browser.
For me it solved the problem.

#89 Macros Redux

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:16 AM

Apologies for the necro, but was a fix ever found for this? It is bugging the crap out of me.

#90 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

There might be clues here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users