Single most devistating weapons system?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Maxxinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationDefiance Industries, Hesperus II

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

"The rotary AC is only known to come in two classes, the RAC/2 and RAC/5, although unconfirmed reports suggest that some Clans may have engineered dash 10 and 20 rotaries. The sheer weight of fire that a rotary AC 20 could bring to bear would instantly obliterate any mech unfortunate enough to be caught in the crosshairs, and would undoubtedly be the most devastating mech mountable weapon system ever created."

I'm assuming that even if this weapon did exist, it would have to be Post-FedCom Civil war. But what about now? Arrow IV Artillery or Long Toms? What's your opinion and why?
Mech mountable weapons.

Edited by Maxxinator, 14 June 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#2 Benaresh

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRüdesheim am Rhein, Hessia, Germany

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostMaxxinator, on 14 June 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

"The rotary AC is only known to come in two classes, the RAC/2 and RAC/5, although unconfirmed reports suggest that some Clans may have engineered dash 10 and 20 rotaries. The sheer weight of fire that a rotary AC 20 could bring to bear would instantly obliterate any mech unfortunate enough to be caught in the crosshairs, and would undoubtedly be the most devastating mech mountable weapon system ever created."

I'm assuming that even if this weapon did exist, it would have to be Post-FedCom Civil war. But what about now? Arrow IV Artillery or Long Toms? What's your opinion and why?

i dont have the weapon stats in mind atm but i think Long tom.

I think the biggest gun on a mech is a Clan Rail Gun mounted on the Stone Rhino

but to answer the Thread question itself:
Single most devistating weapons system

its the Heavy Mass Driver mounted on Space Vessels

#3 Maxxinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationDefiance Industries, Hesperus II

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

I just checked up on the Wiki Here. It's a pretty impressive weapon, but you're right, I was referring to Mech mountable weapons.

#4 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

The most devestating weapon you can currently fit on a 'Mech are Type Ib (Davy Crockett-M) 0.5-kiloton nuclear warheads for Arrow IV and Long Tom launchers. Technically Type II (Alamo) 5-kiloton missiles are still on same weapon scale as 'Mechs, but they can only be launched from AeroSpace and Conventional Fighters.

When it come to conventional weapons, the Ultra AC/20 and the HAG/40 (which only appears in the 3060s) are able to deliver the most direct damage and, I think, the Arrow IV is capable of delivering the most damage overall after considering the area of effect.

Edited by Arctic Fox, 14 June 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#5 gunther2

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Biggest boom in one go? Clan Hyper Assault Gauss/40. 40 possible points of damage in one shot.

But, it's cluster 5....so it goes all over your target.

For me, nothing is more gratifying than a Heavy Gauss Rifle. 25 damage to one location.

The only thing that beats that is a 100 ton assault mech kicking you with TSM active. 40 damage all to one place. MMMM.

Edit: Oh duh, and the U/AC 20.

Edited by gunther2, 14 June 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#6 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

Class 20 Ultra Autocannon.

Able to do 40 damage to 1 location, and may God help you if it does.

#7 Benaresh

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRüdesheim am Rhein, Hessia, Germany

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

View Postgunther2, on 14 June 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Biggest boom in one go? Clan Hyper Assault Gauss/40. 40 possible points of damage in one shot.

But, it's cluster 5....so it goes all over your target.

For me, nothing is more gratifying than a Heavy Gauss Rifle. 25 damage to one location.

The only thing that beats that is a 100 ton assault mech kicking you with TSM active. 40 damage all to one place. MMMM.

Edit: Oh duh, and the U/AC 20.

Right! almost forgot about the melee Options! ATLAAAAAS PANCH!
Posted Image

#8 McScwizzy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

View PostMaxxinator, on 14 June 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

Mech mountable weapons.

I do not think a RAC 20 would be possible as the sheer recoil from it would knock your mech over.

#9 PLOG

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

medium laser.

Doin' more damage in the inner sphere since 3025

mattPLOG

#10 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:25 PM

The Rail gun is pretty devastating, and it has the range advantage. When short range meets long range in the hands of a qualified pilot guess who dies? Until That Day!

#11 MechWarrior6478661

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

A couple ER Large lasers with me behind the cross hairs.

#12 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

A UAV.
Dropped behind the enemy by a scout with a team of 11 LRM boats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users