Logitech G600 MMO Mouse (or the LogiNaga)

33 replies to this topic

#1 Gendou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Posted Image

Yep, a new gaming mouse from Logitech.

Posted Image

With 20 buttons, the Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse is the most customizable and easy to use mouse specifically designed for mastering your favorite MMOs.

Posted Image

20 MMO-tuned buttons

Three primary buttons. Twelve thumb buttons. A clickable scroll wheel that tilts. DPI and profile switching. All pre-configured for optimal MMO use right out of the box – no drivers required.

Posted Image

Thumb panel in easy reach

Focus on burning down the boss without ever worrying about misclicks. The G600 thumb panel is meticulously designed for quick and easy no-look navigation. Two distinct sets of six buttons naturally guide your thumb to just the right spot.

Posted Image

Light it up your way

The thumb panel’s RBG illumination is fully customizable with over 16 million possible combinations. Set colors to pulse on and off, or configure them to continuously change.

Looks like it will be available later this month for USD$80, at least if Amazon is correct.

#2 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Those buttons are for tiny Intersphere thumbs. I had to get the Naga Hex for my Clanthumbs.

#3 SNOWHOUND

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

I dont think it has enough buttons.

#4 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

I like Logitech mic, but my favorite one is the MX Revolution. I use to say a wireless mouse can not be used for gaming but this one changed my mind. I originally started using these on my drafting rigs. One day while in a raid In everquest yes it was quite a long time ago my gaming mouse died so i quickly garbed my mx off my drafting comp to keep playing. Since that day I have never went back, between work and home 4 of the computers I use for everything from drafting to gaming use this mouse. Here is a link on it. http://www.everythin...ouse-21590.html Although its design is getting older it is the only chargeable ion batter wireless one i have ever seen where i never once have had a communication drop out or had any problems with it is just a great one to have.

#5 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

The thing is, I'm not to a point where I want to click on something reliably with anything other than my pointing/middle finger (lmb/rmb respectively) I can use a thumb, but when I start using other fingers (including the thumb), I then cannot rely on holding the mouse still, so I can't use them to perform "firing" actions that require precision.

I just wish more and more games would support a MODIFIER button where you can separately map:

LMB, RMB, SHIFT + LMB, SHIFT + RMB, CTRL + LMB, CTRL + RMB, etc. That way you can use your other hand to hold down a key (not affecting accuracy) and use the LMB/RMB to get different actions at no loss of accuracy.

#6 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationState College, PA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

If you "Like" their Logitech Gaming page on Facebook by midnight tonight PDT, you'll be entered for a chance to win one.

Details: https://www.facebook...347137555360168

Edited by cipher, 15 June 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#7 Gendou

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

As intriguing as I find a Logitech MMO mouse, I'll probably end up sticking with my Logitech G700
The G700 has more buttons than I reasonably use already, and I tend to rest my thumb right about where the lower row of buttons seems to be on the G600.

#8 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

got problems with my tag laser. i want to activate /deactivate it, but don't know how to map it in the logitech setup.

there is no option for "keep key pushed", there is a repeat with 0millisec timer, but that doesn't work

Edited by Thariel, 04 July 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#9 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

no one ?

#10 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 14 June 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Those buttons are for tiny Intersphere thumbs. I had to get the Naga Hex for my Clanthumbs.

I'm pretty much the same way. I was debating on whether to get the RAZER Naga Hex or the RAZER Naga 2012 as they were the same price. I decided to go with the former because I felt that 12 thumb buttons would be too confusing and I would frequently hit the wrong one. More buttons isn't always better.

View PostThariel, on 04 July 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

got problems with my tag laser. i want to activate /deactivate it, but don't know how to map it in the logitech setup.

there is no option for "keep key pushed", there is a repeat with 0millisec timer, but that doesn't work

If it is a gaming mouse, it should have come with macro software, like Logitec's SetPoint. Or you can look up the manuals at http://www.logitech....s/support/mice.

Edited by Farix, 06 July 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#11 Scraper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

I vote G700, though the G700X or whatever the updated version is looks even better. I have a G9X on the PC and I love it, but the G700 on my laptop feels so much better with MWO. Plus you easily can remember your 7 weapon groups, or 6 plus Alpha or whatever. I don't Macro in TAG so I don't know how hard it is or isn't. Good luck either way.

#12 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 14 June 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Clanners have opposable thumbs? Who knew!? :) ;)

Well, I'm going to give the Logitech G600 MMO gaming mouse a try. Amazon.com still had a few left at $60. Should be an improvement over the mouse I've been using any ways...

We'll see.

#13 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostFarix, on 06 July 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

If it is a gaming mouse, it should have come with macro software, like Logitec's SetPoint. Or you can look up the manuals at http://www.logitech....s/support/mice.

If the manuals were a solution, I wouldn't be asking here :)

It is as always, if I can't answer the question, no one can..

#14 Thariel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

still need help

#15 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

Did you think this thread was dead? It lives!!!
(I found another thread where I think someone had my exact question, but nobody answered. It's not labelled as locked, but "You cannot reply to this topic.")

I got my G600 last night, and I like the main buttons. It has buttons for the (right) index finger, middle finger, and ring finger.
That ring finger button was a big selling point, and I assumed MW:O would recognize it as "Mouse 4" or something.

Apparently, MW:O doesn't recognize the ring finger button as a button, so I can't bind a function to it. :P

Once I realized this, I opened the Logitech Gaming Software and created a profile for MW:O where the ring finger button represents the "2" on the keyboard. Still, MW:O ignores it completely. I'm having this problem without using any macros.

Anyone else have an idea what to do with this?

MW:O recognizes the 12 thumb buttons, and I have one mapped to Weapon Group 4 and another to Zoom. For some reason it started off recognizing them as number keys (from the top row of the keyboard). For no apparent reason, it finally started recognizing them as numpad keys, as Logitech intended.

I thought maybe MW:O had straightened out, but no such luck: It still wouldn't acknowledge the ring finger button.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 02 December 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#16 Y2kHippy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

I have ran this mouse for about 4 months now in MWO. I may not use all 12 buttons for the thumb but the three main buttons on top are worth it in my game style. I have been able to use only 3 weapon groups with all 87 of my Mechs and this little jem of a mouse works great having that ring finger button. In serious matches running multiple comm's channels switching between then it works well assigning different push to talks in TeamSpeak for the side buttons. I like the mouse yet I have never been accurate with it. And that is a massive issue.

I have the "Ring Finger" button set up as the middle mouse button to allow MWO to recognize it.

#17 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

Most Logitech mice have multiple buttons, so unless you really need 10 in one spot or this exact shape to fit your hand, the G600 is nothing special. The G500 and G700 seem better suited for fast action, as they enable you to feel the small buttons easier. It also looks like the G602 will replace them all, as it combines the MX and G lines into one package.

#18 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

it started off recognizing them as number keys (from the top row of the keyboard). For no apparent reason, it finally started recognizing them as numpad keys, as Logitech intended

You mean Logitech FINALLY wised up and quit forcing people to use their horrible software to configure the bindings? LOL, I'm surprised Razer didn't immediately file a patent suit over it :(

I don't use logitech equipment anymore, but I'm glad to hear that they have at least made it drop dead simple for configuration. I've seen a lot of forum threads over the past year or two complaining about just that.

I WOULD be interested in knowing how it switched from top row numbers to numeric keypad tho, just in case someone ever asks. I'm wondering if it is a setting in their software? That's what Razer did with the 2014 naga in lieu of a physical toggle switch like the other versions.

Edited by Sen, 03 December 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#19 Camalus

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostSen, on 03 December 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

You mean Logitech FINALLY wised up and quit forcing people to use their horrible software to configure the bindings? LOL, I'm surprised Razer didn't immediately file a patent suit over it ;)

I don't use logitech equipment anymore, but I'm glad to hear that they have at least made it drop dead simple for configuration. I've seen a lot of forum threads over the past year or two complaining about just that.

I WOULD be interested in knowing how it switched from top row numbers to numeric keypad tho, just in case someone ever asks. I'm wondering if it is a setting in their software? That's what Razer did with the 2014 naga in lieu of a physical toggle switch like the other versions.

Well I can't say for that one ( I use a G602 myself nowadays), I've found that it'll only recognize Mouse4 and Mouse5 when they're set to Forward/Back.. Otherwise I still have to set up custom macros in their [still required] software :/

#20 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostY2kHippy, on 03 December 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

I have the "Ring Finger" button set up as the middle mouse button to allow MWO to recognize it.

Thanks! I'm gonna try that and see if it works for me.

EDIT: I see now that I can't get the profiles to work for MW:O or War Thunder. The games are completely ignoring the profiles I've created, so I must be doing something wrong.

So, stupid question:
Do I need to open the Logitech Gaming Software before starting the game? (That's what I've been doing.)
Or, do I leave it closed to let it work?

Or, if anyone knows how to get Logitech SetPoint to realize I have this Logitech mouse, maybe that would help.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 04 December 2013 - 01:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users