Dear Dev's - Comstar Faction?

30 replies to this topic

#1 Bigg Robb

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

I wanna be an acolyte!! Please set Comstar as a joinable faction.

Thanx

#2 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

As a founding member of the Mercenary corporation ComStar Irregulars I would like that also. BUT ComStar's charter states that they will remain neutral. It fact the only territory that the own is the Sol system (if you should know where that star is). While ComStar has an armed force (the ComGuard)it is only used to defend their HPGs and other assets. In fact the only time they really show their cards is when they fight the Clans to get the Inner Sphere a 15 year truce.

#3 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Comstar doesn't emerge as an independent power until the Battle of Tukyyaid- before that it is basically viewed as a galactic version of Verizon/Postal Service. Even after that, it wasn't really a "Faction" in the sense that it competed with the Houses; Comstar was entirely focused on the Clans. The Word of Blake cult however, could legitimately be seen as a future Faction, but Comstar itself is too much of a neutral entity to really be a playable Faction.

#4 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

other than NA comstars channel/all the associated units. but yeah comstar (at&t with guns as we call them affectionately :3) was literally focused on defending JUST terra+ any hpg units they owned, 98% of their standing forces were displayed/used ONLY during the battle of Tuky, but you see bits and pieces here and there, comguard should be a unit tho :3

#5 Bigg Robb

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

What, nobody remembers the attack on NAIS?

#6 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

I actually would like to join Comstar, but it makes sense that it would only be a 'dev' faction. Although Comstar did have agents in the Great Houses :D

#7 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostBigg Robb, on 16 September 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

I wanna be an acolyte!! Please set Comstar as a joinable faction.

Thanx

ComStar is the entity the Devs have reserved for PGI and IGP staff.

IX. Composition of Courts-Martial
The First Circuit of ComStar includes: All moderation sanctions are reviewed by one or more Precentors,
All suspensions, banishments and appeals are determined unanimously by the First Circuit.

from http://mwomercs.com/...79#entry2753479

#8 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

I too would love to join them. The one issue is Comstar was the excuse to why MechWarrior games would be played with "fair" armies. All information went through them so if a force built up suddenly a transmission made it to a near by force of equal force. They could be like dev talk. The release day for this is .....zzzzzzzzzzzz.............zzzzzzzzzzz We look forward to it. The enemy would be best fought by ........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................zzzz....12...........Mechs. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzHeavy Fire>....-message terminated.

#9 William Radick

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 64 posts
  • LocationH-Town Texas

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostBigg Robb, on 19 September 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

What, nobody remembers the attack on NAIS?

I'm going to need to speak with you.. over here, in this dark alley.

They had several schemes to take over if I'm not mistaken.

#10 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

To put it simply. They were the narrative tool why stuff happened how the rules say. Blame Comstar. Why the new lasers? Comstar found them. Why did we lose that mech? Comstar gave the coordinates of it. Where are LAMs? Comstar sent them to scrap yards by "forgetting" how to fix them. It is a useful tactic to keep a world fun. Yes earth is where we are all from....But Comstar is the only one who knows where it is. So we all must play as silly hyperbolic groups. Forcing all the stick in the mud gamers to have fun.

#11 iliashan

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

I've started as a Davionista in all of our battletech games in the Philippines and still have continued to be ...however Comstar has been my true calling. Combined arms units with SLDF mechs that brought the Clans to its knees (but getting kneecapped itself by secession of "rogue" units and destruction of a helluva lot of units from the Battle of Tukayyid) If there ever is a campaign hosted by devs to get the Battle of Tukayyid going..please consider my request to join as well.
I love LAM's too and yes they dont exist anymore (consider this my request to join ComGuard. I can keep secrets.)

#12 John Christopher

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 33 posts
  • LocationJardine

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

There is a Blakist cell in FWLM.
Almost all the Marik players seem to be generally accepting of the Blakist that decided to fight with House Marik.

#13 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostJohn Christopher, on 16 November 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Almost all the Marik players seem to be generally accepting of the Blakist that decided to fight with House Marik.

Well that makes sense no one else would fight for Marik. JK or am I....

#14 John Christopher

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 33 posts
  • LocationJardine

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Well Mao.
Many of the Blakist here believe in Conrad Toyama.
I've noticed that there are Blakist in every Inner Sphere house.
a belief has a tendency to hurdle over borders...

The truly ambitious do not seize the throne; they push others to do so and then rule from the shadows.
--Excerpt from "Commentaries" by Conrad Toyama

#15 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 16 September 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

As a founding member of the Mercenary corporation ComStar Irregulars I would like that also. BUT ComStar's charter states that they will remain neutral. It fact the only territory that the own is the Sol system (if you should know where that star is). While ComStar has an armed force (the ComGuard)it is only used to defend their HPGs and other assets. In fact the only time they really show their cards is when they fight the Clans to get the Inner Sphere a 15 year truce.

comstar owns quite a few uncharted worlds as well. but Sol is the only one they 'Officially' own.

#16 John Christopher

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 33 posts
  • LocationJardine

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

View Postdal10, on 17 November 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

comstar owns quite a few uncharted worlds as well. but Sol is the only one they 'Officially' own.

::cough:: The Hidden ::cough::

#17 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

I would love to see a Comstar Faction, so I can fight the Wobbies too.

#18 Ari Dian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 16 September 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Or to make some hidden operation attacks on well known science facilities :ph34r:.

But at the time the faction warfare is coming out, the Com Guards have fought a lot of fights and have been even on the clan homeworlds. So they could already start now to add Comstar as faction.

#19 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostJohn Christopher, on 17 November 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

I've noticed that there are Blakist in every Inner Sphere house.

ROM has its tendrils in every portion of the Inner Sphere.

Peace of Blake be with you....

#20 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostJohn Christopher, on 16 November 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Really? I had no idea. I'm not too much in the know with House units though. XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users